OMG I'm exhausted......The search is over

Man this has been exhausting!

So after I sold my 2nd NSX earlier this year I figured I'd take some time off until things settled down. Things haven't settled down but I couldn't stand not having a NSX sitting in the garage. :frown: When I told my wife last month that I was going to start searching again she just laughed. I promised her this would be the last NSX, unless Acura comes out with a true NSX replacement, then all bets are off :biggrin:

So I was on the hunt for Silverstone, searching and searching....It's like a darn job looking for one of these, especially when you have specific criteria. So then I saw Bill's LBBP in person and I was blown away...I must say it was stunning. So I wasn't sleeping very well while I pondered Silver or Blue for a few nights. I decided I would go back to my original search for a Silverstone as that's what I really wanted. I came super close to pulling the trigger on the 2003 out on Prime (Fear and Greed's NSX) as it is in fantastic shape, 30k miles and fairly priced.....and then I struck GOLD!! I found a 2005 owned by a Honda executive with 12k miles on it, all original, original window sticker, new tires, battery and all service records. The guy is SUPER cool, he sent me hundreds of pictures (no joke) and the car has ZERO flaws. The car should be on a truck by the end of the week and on its way from Oregon to Florida. Woooooohoooooooooooo!!!!

Thanks to all the great guys out there that helped me on my search, I truly appreciate it! I made a few new friends along the way and I'm really excited to get back in the saddle.

IMG_0086_edited.JPG

Welcome back....again. :wink:

I envy you.

Why did you sell your previous NSX's???

LOL....It's been a progression of sorts. Back in 1999 my good friend Dwight Brady, owns Hondatech down here, let me borrow his 93 Sebring Silver for a week...Damn him! A month later I was on a plane to Michigan for a 94 Black on Black with 5k miles....It was beautiful when clean but a day later I'd be out cleaning it again. I really regretted getting Black as I love having a super clean car and Black is really hard to keep looking perfect. I found myself not driving the car a lot because I was constantly married to cleaning it. So I sold it, tried a few other cars, hated them and came back and got a 91 Sebring Silver w/29k miles on it....LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Drove it and really enjoyed it. I've been super busy this year and just moved into a new house so that has been eating up lots and lots of time so I decided to sell it and figured I'd come back for an 02+ sometime next year....I couldn't wait that long so I decided to jump back in now....plus the BIG 40 is coming in December so I had my mid life crisis early :biggrin:

I agree, Silver has always been a color that hides dirt well (and looks good on a NSX). I feel like I am cleaning mine almost after every drive......but it hasn't stopped me yet! ;)

Congrats!

LOL....It's been a progression of sorts. Back in 1999 my good friend Dwight Brady, owns Hondatech down here, let me borrow his 93 Sebring Silver for a week...Damn him! A month later I was on a plane to Michigan for a 94 Black on Black with 5k miles....It was beautiful when clean but a day later I'd be out cleaning it again. I really regretted getting Black as I love having a super clean car and Black is really hard to keep looking perfect. I found myself not driving the car a lot because I was constantly married to cleaning it. So I sold it, tried a few other cars, hated them and came back and got a 91 Sebring Silver w/29k miles on it....LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Drove it and really enjoyed it. I've been super busy this year and just moved into a new house so that has been eating up lots and lots of time so I decided to sell it and figured I'd come back for an 02+ sometime next year....I couldn't wait that long so I decided to jump back in now....plus the BIG 40 is coming in December so I had my mid life crisis early :biggrin:

I know the feeling...I tend not to drive mine as much cause its a lot of work cleaning it to my satisfaction. I need to lower my standards...:smile: I am considering selling due to not driving it very often.

besides myself I can't think of a more deserving person LOL. :biggrin:

I think you made a great choice in color you picked.

Now get some sleep. Talk to ya in the morning.

Congrats!

I know the feeling...I tend not to drive mine as much cause its a lot of work cleaning it to my satisfaction. I need to lower my standards...:smile: I am considering selling due to not driving it very often.

I loved the black when it was clean but I swear I'd clean it, go in the house for a drink, come back out to the garage and the dust would have already settled in.

I assure you if you sell, you'll be back. In the 2 1/2 yrs I went without one (between #1 and #2) I had three other cars and NONE compared to the driving experience of the NSX.

besides myself I can't think of a more deserving person LOL. :biggrin:

I think you made a great choice in color you picked.

Now get some sleep. Talk to ya in the morning.

I have an idea....Every other year you and I can swap cars...that way we won't get bored :biggrin: Ambien down....gettin sleepy....can't wait for the dreams tonight....

I'm hoping the dream involves something like the thread with the NSX getting a car wash by the three hot girls :tongue:

I have an idea....Every other year you and I can swap cars...that way we won't get bored :biggrin: Ambien down....gettin sleepy....can't wait for the dreams tonight....

I'm hoping the dream involves something like the thread with the NSX getting a car wash by the three hot girls :tongue:

Great idea. My car needs to be cleaned. :)

Danny congrats!

Silverstone is a nice color and as you and I have chatted definately a winner! I'm jealous now...perhaps its time to get more serious and find one for myself. I'll hit NSXPO and see what's lurking there...

Post pics when you get it.:smile:

LOL....It was beautiful when clean but a day later I'd be out cleaning it again. I really regretted getting Black as I love having a super clean car and Black is really hard to keep looking perfect. I found myself not driving the car a lot because I was constantly married to cleaning it. :

Hi Danny-Congrats and welcome back! I should have bought your '91 (if you recall, we met for a drive @ Walmart off the Sawgrass), but I just wasn't able to do it at that time. I know it now has a good home with el toro. If you haven't heard, 3 months ago, I did buy a '92 Blk/Blk [you know, the one you can NEVER get clean :biggrin:].

So, at the next Towers meet, we will get the chance to re-acquaint. Looking forward to it.

Danny, that's the best you can do for a picture?

Back