OK, I bought an NSX

I have been looking at this forum for several years now. I like to modify cars and especially mid engined cars. To this end, I put V6's into MR2's and modified their front end, brakes, superchargers, etc. But the one thing that disappointed me (even though I currently own 4 MR2s second generation) is that the cars are a little to narrow, and not as finely finished inside as I would like. The NSX has always reminded me that there may be a difference between a car priced originally at 25K and one priced originally at 90K. So I wen to Ebay and looked at the NSX's available and liked a lot of them. But last Saturday, I searched Yahoo and found an NSX that was really interesting. And when I found out that it was only 6 miles from my house, I jumped into my car and went to the consignment dealer and test drove it.
Here are the details. It is a 1997 NSX-T, with 39700 miles on it. It is absolutely pristine. The body shows no wear, and the interior is flawless. After warming it up, it ran like a fine swiss watch. So, I asked the price and it was $37,774. I thought this was a fair price, so I bought it. It came with all the service records and a nice custom cover (they probably all do). Here are some pics, let me know what you think!

Attachments

• DSC00346.jpg
    DSC00346.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00335.jpg
    DSC00335.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC00336.jpg
    DSC00336.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC00338.jpg
    DSC00338.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC00339.jpg
    DSC00339.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00341.jpg
    DSC00341.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 273
nice find, let alone it being just a minute or two away depending how fast you drive :biggrin:

Now stop wasting time and start searching for mods.:biggrin:

You did great. Not only did you get a 97 (which I wanted for targa, 3.2, and 6sp) you got blue which is stunning.

Congratulations! That's one clean looking ride and to find it so close to home!! :cool:

Enjoy and keep us posted with any pending mods :biggrin:

Welcome! That is such a great find...and so close to home too. Awesome color.

wow...what an amazing purchase.

i don't think i've seen an NA2 Monte Carlo Blue or Monaco Blue with lowish miles go for under the high 40's in a long time...

congratulations!

Congrats!!!! This is the 97 blue from Sport Haus Sales Reno, NV right? I know a prime member had looked at it months ago and said it was MINT. Great price...they were asking high 40's back then.

Yeah, this is the car from Sporthaus in Reno. I had never considered a blue car, or buying from a consignment dealer, but they were pretty nice and made it really easy. When I saw the car, I just could not believe it was 11 model years old, and neither did any of my friends when I brought it home. I am really at a loss at how the previous owners did this. I am going to have to sift through the suggestions here about keeping the car in mint condition. I have my MR2's to torture with modifications, so I am not going to change anything except perhaps an AASCO flywheel when the clutch needs changing. I feel a little unqualified to have the car, but, oh well. It is the first time ever in my life after owning a few cars (porsche, bmw, lexus, toyota, triumph,mustang) that anyone lined up at a light and stared at the car and gave a thumbs up. I was a bit sheepish as I had no idea what to say but thanks. And the color is mesmerizing (I have mostly had red cars). Thanks for the congrats, I will try to contribute to this forum.

IoI

I looked at the car for another person a few months back who was interested in it. At the time, they (Sporthaus) were asking 45K. Looks like they came down a bit on the price and saw the light. The car was very nice for a 97. All I remember was some slight driver seat bolster wear, otherwise pretty pristine condition.

Congrats from a fellow Nev Vah Dan :rolleyes:

PS...

Trying to guess from your pictures....you in Washoe Valley or Virginia Highlands?

I am Carson

Last edited:
nice NSX!

not trying to be a jerk..... I am just curious if this is the same NSX that was on the for sale forum a while back.... it had a history of an engine fire and was totally redone by Shad... and the exhaust system was not completely back to spec..? I spoke to the owner and he was asking mid 40s I believe. I was really tempted to get it...

Im up in Tahoe..... I hope to see you around !

nice NSX!

not trying to be a jerk..... I am just curious if this is the same NSX that was on the for sale forum a while back.... it had a history of an engine fire and was totally redone by Shad... and the exhaust system was not completely back to spec..? I spoke to the owner and he was asking mid 40s I believe. I was really tempted to get it...

Im up in Tahoe..... I hope to see you around !

That was a 2000.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95521&highlight=blue+fire

Last edited:
Back