oil change

Removing the rear tire will make things a little easier but really you dont have too unless you are a big guy. To answer you question, I do because I take my time working on the NSX and I enjoy doing it while I am at it :biggrin:.

I just changed my oil a few weekends back and I didn't have to remove my rear tire. I did have to remove the GT Spec rear bar though to get to the oil filter.

I have a drive-on lift, so no need to remove the tire. However, I do follow a tip I got from somone on Prime: Drape & shape a piece of aluminum foil over the bar beneath the oil filter so the oil from the filter doesn't drool all over everything.

I just jack it up at the center point and then put a jackstand under the back jack point and away I go changing oil. No need taking off the tire unless your cleaning while your down there.

I just jack it up at the center point and then put a jackstand under the back jack point and away I go changing oil. No need taking off the tire unless your cleaning while your down there.

I do the same, no need to remove wheel to change the oil.

I always do and I don't like it. I also always wrap up the lower suspension arm in a plastic bag so oil doesn't get all over it from the filter. I really don't enjoy changing the oil on this car.

Now that this has come up I have a follow on question: regardless if you take the wheel off,once the drain plug and filter are out, I always lower the car to ride height to make sure the oil drains. Is this what everyone else does?

Get a lift. Makes cleaning easier as wellImageUploadedByTapatalk1362838097.433162.jpg

Back