Oh, those F-cars

If any of you remember, about a month or so ago I helped a friend deliver a 360 Spyder for someone B-day. We'll we had problems getting it started, but I guess that finally went a way. Now, the check transmission light came on. They told him do NOT drive the car. He probably has to ship it to a ferrari dealer. My guess is the car probably has a little over 1500 miles on it. Sheesh!

I guess the 360 is still a far cry from the reliability of the NSX.

i dont think a case in point of one car can really tell the true reliability issue. what about snap ring failure on thousands of nsx's?

Every car will have problems, there is not one car model that I have encountered that have zero problems since its introduction. The main thing is whether the problem gets fixed and does not happen again after its been fixed. Don't forget the NSX was voted the most reliable car by JD Power and Associated in March '96.

I think in general the JD Powers surveys are a good indication. However, the 96 survey was of model year 1991 NSX owners (5 year ownership). Most of those cars likely would have encountered window regulator problems and many would have snap ring failure over the next several years.

Every car made is not 100% bulletproof. I've been impressed by the NSXes reliability for such a high performance vehicle.

I still think the failure to repair all snap ring failures unconditionally is inexcusable though.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

[email protected]
http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:

I still think the failure to repair all snap ring failures unconditionally is inexcusable though.

I agree 100%. This problem is caused by a mistake by HONDA. Regardless of mileage, if it occurs, they should fix it. I am surprised there is not a lawsuit about it.

Originally posted by NetViper:
I agree 100%. This problem is caused by a mistake by HONDA. Regardless of mileage, if it occurs, they should fix it. I am surprised there is not a lawsuit about it.
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002239.html

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Back