• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Officially old

Today I am officially old...

I cannot hum a single stanza of any of today's Grammy nominated tunes, nor quote a single line of lyric.

Sigh....

My moment of clarity in this regard came when I went to a NJ Devils hockey game and all the players looked like kids to me. The benefit of being in the "old" club is that you can own an NSX. Sure there are some younger members of the NSX club but, for the most part, we are pretty much an older crowd.

For those who wonder if they are "offically" old or not, just use this rule of thumb:

The day you start contemplating whether you are old or not is the day you "officially" become old.

Have lunch with Hal. That will make you feel young again.:wink:

I cannot hum a single stanza of any of today's Grammy nominated tunes, nor quote a single line of lyric.

Sigh....

Don't worry, it's not necessarily that you're getting old, it's just that there's so much crappy "music" that's being pushed out nowadays. Personally, I like anything 90's and older.

May I suggest a Hoveround group buy?

Don't worry, it's not necessarily that you're getting old, it's just that there's so much crappy "music" that's being pushed out nowadays. Personally, I like anything 90's and older.

This x2. In addition, the music that we find good won't necessarily be "Grammy" nominated. Matter of fact, I can't even remember the last time I watched one of these award shows (Grammy's or Oscars).

I realized I was old when my radio station choices started to include more news and talk than music. LOL

Welcome to "old" it's not that bad once you get used to it. :wink:

hmmm.. when did M&M's start winning grammy awards? I mean they have always been tasty candies:confused:

Sigh....

25 y/o and in the same boat. Don't worry just yet.

I coulda sworn I saw Buddy Guy's new album nominated.... Not exactly crap.

I realized I was old when my radio station choices started to include more news and talk than music. LOL

Welcome to "old" it's not that bad once you get used to it. :wink:

Ed, I'm with you. I used to listen to all the rock stations, then slowly I started only listening to my own CDs (and now some of those rock stations are GONE)... now all I listen to really is NPR.

I think anyone who listens to NPR automatically gets a free pass to being OLD, no matter their age :).

I knew I was officially old when I bent over to pick something up and I accidentally FARTED.

I knew I was officially old when I bent over to pick something up and I accidentally FARTED.
based on what i've seen with doug, you're not really old yet but you're on your way... you've made the transition to old when this happens and you don't really care (or can't tell that it's happened) because you're thinking about that show you just listened to on npr.

:)

I did not expect the thread to move in this direction...

Would appreciate it if you guys use larger fonts when you are posting. Helps me read them. Thanks in advance.

Doug

Back