• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Official Downforce - Stack Intake System

any word on when the bands will arrive? :confused:

Next week Thursday? Really? Thats Thanksgiving day.

well if you want to get technical some one is picking them up and I am getting them on thursday was Yes I am working on thursday and yes I know its a holiday but, they came early and we started shipping them out. asap

To those who purchased this intake, how do you like it so far and does it make more hp than the stock air box. I'm torn between this intake and the gruppe m.

Thanks

To those who purchased this intake, how do you like it so far and does it make more hp than the stock air box. I'm torn between this intake and the gruppe m.

Thanks

This intake is awesome. Provides a true cold air intake by pulling air from the side vents. The downforce side scoop combined with this intake provides a nice amount of cold air. Will post pics soon. BTW, I didn't do a before/after dyno but am sure it provides some hp increase esp since it was a *ahem* Mugen type of design.

Jeff

Thanks

I am quite happy with the intake and its design--it has features such as the internal air horn to let the air smoothly accelerate as it enters the intake pipe. In that way, it is similar to the Comptech Icebox which was made for Integras. Functionally, it is excellent.

What I don't like is the press-fit nature of the external air horn. I do not expect it to stay in place for the life of the car as it should. It really should have a bracket which uses at least one of the stock bolts for a truly positive mounting. I am thinking I will eventually have to make one using plumber's tape (metal strapping with holes, not the teflon stuff).

Last edited:
I finally had a chance to take pics of the new intake setup. I have to say, the more I drive the car, the more I like this intake. It has a nice suction/nice growl to it now. Butt dyno feels a smoother acceleration too. :biggrin:

DSC07102.jpg

DSC07100.jpg

Thanks

here is a link to their dyno test info:
http://nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1206081&postcount=15

With the stock box and drop in UNI filter, there was a 4 hp gain.
With the carbon intake and various filters, their gains were from 4-8 hp.

Price is now $1,080.00
http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16338&cat=290&page=2

$130-$260 per hp gain.

Thank you for the replies and pictures, I went ahead and placed an order for one. Now comes the dreaded wait but I should have it on my car by next week.

Ok im not an expert for tinkering NSX but im willing to try out new stuff.

Just have few questions, Will this setup DF intake funnel CF, and Cantrell air scoop. I know it will use True cold air using the Side vents.

But what if your driving at the highway and suddenly it rains?

since theres no turbulence to bounce of any rain particles or no resonator to disturb the rain particle flow. it would go straight to the 1 filter and directly to the engine?

this setup will vacuum all the water in. I also see the Filter funnel type. how does this hold up in rainy days? is there any secondary filter we can put in?

I've been looking for this post.

I just don't get how it all goes together??

I can work out the throttle body side, that's easy.

However the other side. the big hose/grommet the factory box sits inside the downforce one sits inside nicely also not sure if there is any leaks or not.

However! i can seem to work out what the carbon funnel is for. it fits inside the intake perfectly but the other end does not fit over the gromet, it goes so far but there is no way near enought room for the stack system.

Does it replace the factory gromet/hose? if so then does it fit tightly against the body and in the correct place and seals nicely?

maybe you remove the gromet and fit the funel from the other side of the wall?

No idea.

At the moement, i've not used it.

Can other people clarify the sound they get to make sure i don't have a leak.

If i blip the throttle you can hear a loud hisss... noise also when you accelerate hard you hear it then it's phased out from the sound of the engine.

The overal engine noise is louder, same sort of noise but louder, well so i think, is it louder of just in my mind?

The large carbon piece, the one with the filter, basically replaces the normal air box. The larger end towards the trottle body and the smaller end towards the fender. It should fit inside the rubber grommet that goes towards the fender. The smaller carbon fiber funnel, actually attaches to the other side of the rubber grommet, within the fender well. This will involve removing the factory resonator. If you have the DF fender scoop, you don't have to install the smaller funnel piece, although I removed my DF scoop and installed the external funnel. Hope this helps. If you need pictures, I can try and find my install manual. It's in Japanese, as I have the actual Mugen, but pictures do not require translation.

Kenny

Back