• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Official Downforce - Stack Intake System

we sold out but, 2 guys have not payed or replied to any of our e-mails so I have 2 more spots open again. just to make it clear we will ship these out 2 weeks from payment date. :biggrin:

I have called several times and talked with Lily, but for some reason the e-mails are not coming through to me. I am still interested. We just need to get the communication line working.

Kenny

Payment sent 8/10, when will they ship?

we shipped out a few already not sure if yours it out yet call in the office or e-mail lily and we can update you. if we are running late I will offer you some carbon or FRP brake ducts for super cheap for the inconvenience Just talk with lily but, as far as I know we are on schedule.

I received mine yesterday also, just a little note on the install. If you ordered the intake system with the Aluminum stack you will need some clips that DF will be providing to hold the stack tight against the air flow tube, because of the Aluminum stacks weight you won't get a good seal without some type of clip. The folks that ordered the CF stacks should be fine.
To test mine I temporarily used some duct tape to insure a good seal, it sounds and feels great.

Payment sent on 8/10/09 and received an email on 9/1/09 stating intake was ready for pickup, then received a second email regarding a mix-up and an offer to ship for free on 9/3/09. I sent an email on 9/8/09 inquiring whether intake had been shipped with no reply. Do you have an estimated ship date?
Thanks,
Pablo

Payment sent on 8/10/09 and received an email on 9/1/09 stating intake was ready for pickup, then received a second email regarding a mix-up and an offer to ship for free on 9/3/09. I sent an email on 9/8/09 inquiring whether intake had been shipped with no reply. Do you have an estimated ship date?
Thanks,
Pablo

wow are you reading our minds lol your order shipped yesterday so you should have gotten it today or no later than monday we did one day for you and yes it took longer because you requested twill weave carbon instead of the normal plain. thanks for your purchase. :smile:if you have a any questions please contact lily if she does not respond with in a work day. please let me know

Whats the status on mine?

Hey,

Hope your having a good day so far. Your intake should be shipping out on Wednesday, which is around 2 weeks from when the order was placed. I will get you all the information needed for you to set up a pick up thru your shipping account as you specified you wanted.

Hey,

Hope your having a good day so far. Your intake should be shipping out on Wednesday, which is around 2 weeks from when the order was placed. I will get you all the information needed for you to set up a pick up thru your shipping account as you specified you wanted.

cool :cool:

I received mine yesterday also, just a little note on the install. If you ordered the intake system with the Aluminum stack you will need some clips that DF will be providing to hold the stack tight against the air flow tube, because of the Aluminum stacks weight you won't get a good seal without some type of clip. The folks that ordered the CF stacks should be fine.
To test mine I temporarily used some duct tape to insure a good seal, it sounds and feels great.

OK I just received mine today but no clips so I called Lily and she advised that DF is working on a silicone band that will hold the pieces together.

Do you have a pic of yours installed?

If I get some time tonight I will have this in and test it out.

OK I just received mine today but no clips so I called Lily and she advised that DF is working on a silicone band that will hold the pieces together.

Do you have a pic of yours installed?

If I get some time tonight I will have this in and test it out.

At Ramon's last week installing one and yes.. its a problemo. He just used some all purpose clips laying around.. But its crazy that there aren't any included for what it costs.. :eek:

i was hoping we could get place a group order for some v-bands from here:

http://www.clampco.com/products/v-band.asp

i know df is using silicone bands for weight savings but I plan on keeping my car for a long time and would prefer a metal band. Does anyone know if the silicone bands will break down over time from the heat inside the engine bay?

Silicone will not break down, it's used for high pressure hose connectors such as intercooler clamps and intake clamps. The clamp required for the Stack Intake is just finger pressure and it also acts like a seal instead of just clamping it together.

Here is a picture of the clamp and we are waiting for the manufacture to send it to us.

dfsiliconeband.jpg

awesome! thanks for the info peter!

When is the carbon funnel used? Do you need the Downforce AIS for this?

Attachments

• d_458.jpg
    d_458.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 210
  • d_462.jpg
    d_462.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
When is the carbon funnel used? Do you need the Downforce AIS for this?

You use the pre velocity stack if you do not have the df intake scoop. Otherwise you would use the intake scoop will help air flow more once the car is moving.

You use the pre velocity stack if you do not have the df intake scoop. Otherwise you would use the intake scoop will help air flow more once the car is moving.

ok so I dont have the df intake scoop so I should be using the pre velocity stack? Where does the pre velocity stack go? Do you have a pic of it installed?

I spoke with Lily, they will ship ASAP USPS no charge.

2 1/2 weeks later and still nothing from DF!! And this is now a problem for me because I was driving home yesterday and thought something sounded funny. So when I get home I pop the engine hatch and quickly see that the tape I used to make the seal has failed. Unnacceptable!

ok so I dont have the df intake scoop so I should be using the pre velocity stack? Where does the pre velocity stack go? Do you have a pic of it installed?

Never did get an answer to this question.

The manufacturer has scheduled the production run in 2 weeks. Once finished they will send to us which should be within 5 days. Once we receive it we'll send it out the next following day which should take no longer than 3-5 days. We'll email tracking number as we send them out.

Has anyone used the velocity stack part for this intake? Can you post up a pic of where its supposed to go please? Downforce wont answer my question on this thread and I even called and they couldn't answer my question.

Back