Office Space

FuryNSX said:
No skimming for me. I just go for the big payout. :)

Like the guy who worked for John Deere credit union. Walked out the door with a million in cash and flipped off the camera when he did so because he was passed over for promotion after promotion.
Here is the part that gets me. They caught him years later and he actually had more money than he had stolen because he had made good investments. Just goes to prove he could have handled the promotion to manage the money in the first place.

I love that movie and its a little slanted towards engineers. I remember watching it right when it came out before it became a cult hit.

"Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people? " :biggrin:

my avatar shows my love of the movie:cool: . Been trying to find "milton's" glasses for years!!!!!!! Harold and Kumar go to white castle" is just as funny if not funnier!

Surely the bit about waiting in traffic as pedestrians pass you is not forgotten.

And the humour they get out of that printer jamming is pure gold. Who wouldn't like to go at a printer with a baseball bat? :D

I also loved that guy who has the incomprehensible name; how he freaks at the idea of hacking the companies computers, then dances with excitement, and panics when it all goes wrong. Reminds me exactly of a guy i used to work with. :D

Office space is one of the top "guy" movies. Among other guy movies like "scarface."

I must have seen it at least 5 times.

Here is one of my favorite parts:

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're trying to do is get a feeling for how people spend their time at work so if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Bob Slydell: Great.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour.
Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

lol

Office space is one of my favorites also!! One of the first movies I saw with my wife..

Zamir: Whats wrong with the name Micheal Bolton?
Mike: Nothing was wrong with it until that no talent A$$ clown won a grammy!!

I also love that movie:biggrin:

At the office..that's probably THE most quoted movie..

Bob: So next up we have uh.. Zamir Naga...Naga..uhh...Naga...Not-gonna-work-here-anymore!! Hahahaha

LOL

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.

Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.

Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.

Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.

Peter Gibbons: Good point.

Lawrence: Well what about you now? what would you do?

Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?

Back