Off to Sebring...

(my) Skip Barber season starts this Thursday in Sebring! It will be my first time at that track and I can't wait! Target time in the formula 2000 is about 2:30-2:35 for a podium. Hopefully, will have some slower guys in my run group. Wish me luck...
Thanks gang!:smile:

Nice, should be fun.Don't be too upset at how relatively uncomfortable the cockpit of those cars are.Make sure to ask for extra padding if needed.

3rd year, 2nd full season, yeah, they are pretty primitive cars. I'm fairly comfortable with a little seat foam..
Sebring looks bumpier than Hell, especially 17 through 1.

Sebring looks bumpier than Hell, especially 17 through 1.

You're tellin me, I need an extra thick cushion on my sofa just playing that track in Forza2.

actually, video games are not a bad way to practice a new track. While you cant learn exact braking and turn-in points, you do get a good feel for where you're going and the track does feel more familiar the first time out. Worked for me at Road Atlanta last year, hopefully will help at Sebring. we'll see....

What a track! Lots of fun, 17 is very bumpy and the lateral g's are pretty impressive in the formula car, even w/o slicks. Did OK for my first time there.
Next up, Road America.:biggrin:

No, this was the Southern series finale. I did the race even though I'm normally in the Midwestern Series. Qualified 5th, finished P9 in Race 1, crashed out in Race 2, P11 in the Masters Finale. Dennis Trebing locked up the Southern Series regoinal championship. Not sure when the National Series guys are back at Sebring. They were testing one of the old Barber Pro Series cars while I was there, V-6 powered, big wings and slicks, very cool!

They were testing one of the old Barber Pro Series cars while I was there, V-6 powered, big wings and slicks, very cool!
Really? I thought those things were extinct. I wonder who bought them and was running them. I don't think Skippy will ever have anything to do with those anymore.

I think it belonged to one of the testers (Jason something). Had a massaged Intrepid motor in it and sounded great! It looked like a cross between a Star Mazda and an Indy Lights car, pretty bad ass!

I think it belonged to one of the testers (Jason something). Had a massaged Intrepid motor in it and sounded great! It looked like a cross between a Star Mazda and an Indy Lights car, pretty bad ass!
Definitely cool looking, was a great 'step' in the ladder system for its time. Too bad it was known to be a 'pig' due to its heavy V6 and high center of gravity.

Back