Oem wiper blades? Or aftermarket?

Hey Primers,
With an expected EL Nino year approaching here in California, I am thinking of changing my wiper blades. Yes I drive my black nsx in the rain sometimes. It's heart wrenching...
I have never had an Oem set of wiper blades since I bought the car. Just cheap Bosch replacement sizes.
My question here is, do the Oem ones fit the bill for the cost? Around 88$ shipped I have found for the set.
I notice the Oem upper wiper has a wind deflector on it. Any advantages to this and the cost? Do they last awhile for a garaged car?
T.I.A.

I bought a set of OEM blades when I first got my NSX. I think the wind deflector looks nifty!
I think it looks much better than aftermarket examples.

I'm sure they both work equally well, after all, it's just a blade of rubber.

Just comes down to looks imo.

Lucas

PIAA SIlicone blades are incredible. My NSX cam with a set over 4 years ago and they still worked great. I only replaced them because they had a carbon-fiber finish and I thought they looked goofy. Replaced them with a set in black, from AutoTire.

I bought a set of OEM blades when I first got my NSX. I think the wind deflector looks nifty!
I think it looks much better than aftermarket examples.

I'm sure they both work equally well, after all, it's just a blade of rubber.

Just comes down to looks imo.

Lucas
That's why I am leaning towards a set of oems. Shit I pay 80$ for my bmw e39 blades. Only because they are the only damn thing that will fit though!

since aftermarkets will fit but lack the air dam spoiler that the OEm driver side are has what I do it buy the cheapo brand you can take them apart and slide them onto the OEM arms.

12 dollars done.

the reason the air dam spoiler is on the arm is while driving they arms don't skip dadadadadadada while going up,, WIND pushes this dam and keeps the driver arm from doing the dadadadad

those with out the air dam thingy will have an OH........ moment

carry on with the buying OEM thread.

I also noticed the aftermarket blade doesn't sit flush with the windshield, especially the passenger side. Well, at least that is the case on my car using Bosch icon wipers.

The PIAA exhibit no lifting, even at close to 100 MPH which is as fast as I'm ever going to drive in the rain. They also conform perfectly to the windshield contour, and they sit nice and tidy when parked. The OEM air foils look really clunky IMO. They seem to last forever and they do the best windshield cleaning I've ever seen.

I need to order some oem refill for mine. These bosch icon doesnt sit flush on the passenger side and i dont like it.

I also noticed the aftermarket blade doesn't sit flush with the windshield, especially the passenger side. Well, at least that is the case on my car using Bosch icon wipers.
I have always had the same issue. Drivers side always sits fine. But not the passenger side. I might have to pick up a set of oems.

Back