OEM 97+ Headers on 91-96 NSX

As some of you may know the 91-96 NSX came with heavy cast iron headers. If you have ever seen it, it is the least elegant part on the car.

I got this 97+ Stainless Steel OEM Headers for a deal, welds are very good OEM quality. No worries about cracks or bad fitment like some aftermarket headers. These headers are very good for something that is factory. I have seen as much as 10 hp on the dyno with this exhaust manifold compared to the 91-96 cast Iron Headers.

The 91-96 cast Iron headers weigh in at about 35lbs, compared to the 97+ SS Headers at 20lbs. So it is a lot lighter. I Installed these headers at
Greenlight Auto

A lot of people in this board have succesfully installed 97+ Headers on early NSXs.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5111&highlight=oem+headers

Last edited:
I get nightmares just by thinking about how these can be installed in an exotic car!!!! These need to go to the trash bin or I could use them to anchor my boat!!!:D:D :D

Attachments

• cast2.jpg
    cast2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
97+ stainless steel headers succesfully installed on the car. The O2 sensors had to be extended and the end pipes has to be cut and rewelded using the OEM 3-bolt flanges and flexpipes. Other than that installation went pretty smooth.

Attachments

• installed1.jpg
    installed1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
Sounds like someone may have swaped engines B/4 you bought the car. Are you sure you even have a 3.2 engine and not the 3.0?:eek:

Look real good Dave!!! You feel any power gain? Can't wait for a ride! I'm discussed with the 3.0 hearder now!!!:D
-Aaron

I got my 3.2 OEM headers from the UPS today!!!!I really like it...Going to have Jerry@ Greenlight Auto for the mods fit and install it tomorrow. Yes! baby 10HPs YEAH!!!!
-Aaron

The comptech came with extender cables complete with plugs - I would think an internet search might turn up an O2 extender ready-made.
But yes, it shouldn't be hard to just cut 'n'splice in some extensions

The o2 sensors I believe were just spliced and extended with new wires, wrapped in electrical tape and plastic tubing. You can see from the last picture the plastic tubing carrying the O2 sensor wires.

Definately I can feel the power gains, probably because the timing belt that was several tooth off that Jerry fixed and the extra air flow of the headers . But the exhaust sound is a little different, more gurgle at idle and more metalic sound at VTEC.

Back