Observation of NSX versus a Porsche

Porsches are great, but my brother drives a 911 turbo built for him by a racing buddy, and drooled over my NSX when I bought it a few weeks ago. All his neighbors came out to admire it, and thinking it was his, asked him when he was going to sell his "old" car.

He drove it and said " god, it's so smooth and beautiful, I've got to get one". I have a feeling he'll be a prime member soon.

NsSeX said:
lol admit it, you guys get jealous everytime a P blow's your doors right off:biggrin: :tongue:

Yes I will admit that I am envious of the porsches power, however we are discussing design not function and unless the Porsche was blowing my doors off in the valet parking it's a moot point.

NsSeX said:
Funny, just an observation but I'm recieving a lot more attention with my Turbo, than I ever recieved with my NSX.
They are wondering who put the hardtop on a Boxster?:confused: :biggrin:

NsSeX said:
Also about Porsche's design philosphy:
My friend is currently attending the Art center in LA and was told by one of his professor/instructor that Porsche's (911) are the hardest to design and are basically works of art. (not my words)

I agree! It is a hard job to design this
300px-2005-Porsche-911-Carrera-S.jpg

from this!:biggrin:
silver_sa.jpg

NsSeX said:
lol admit it, you guys get jealous everytime a P blow's your doors right off:biggrin: :tongue:

the only P's I see around here are Boxsters (that's the point of this thread right?) and apparently they like reading the "ACURA" logo on the back of my NSX. :tongue: Granted there are Porsches faster than my NSX but there are also NSX's faster than Porsche Twin Turbos...

All that said, I'm considering a Boxster as a "beach" car. Something to drop the top on and head down to the beach in. Don't want to get sand in the NSX! :eek:

clr1024 said:
Yes I will admit that I am envious of the porsches power, however we are discussing design not function and unless the Porsche was blowing my doors off in the valet parking it's a moot point.

again the smiley faces

TTony said:
They are wondering who put the hardtop on a Boxster?:confused: :biggrin:

I agree! It is a hard job to design this
300px-2005-Porsche-911-Carrera-S.jpg

from this!:biggrin:
silver_sa.jpg

the only P's I see around here are Boxsters (that's the point of this thread right?) and apparently they like reading the "ACURA" logo on the back of my NSX. :tongue: Granted there are Porsches faster than my NSX but there are also NSX's faster than Porsche Twin Turbos...

All that said, I'm considering a Boxster as a "beach" car. Something to drop the top on and head down to the beach in. Don't want to get sand in the NSX! :eek:

of course there are a few NSX's faster than a 996 turbo but not many.:smile:

Also, wasn't the bug designed After the Porsche?:confused:

|Adeel said:
There are so many Boxsters and Cayennes around here that Porsches aren't so special anymore...

People literally turn their heads around when I come in my NSX, but noone even pays attention to a Porsche anymore "just another rich guy".

When I see Boxsters I think "haha he couldn't afford 911" :biggrin: :wink:

The following could also be said about you and your NSX:

"Ha ha, that guy couldn't afford a real mid-engined exotic like a Ferrari F430 or 360CS".

It's very uncool to make fun of an individual's financial status. Car enthusiasts are car enthusiasts, no matter how much or how little money they have.

|Adeel said:
Nah, a Porsche (not 911) was based on the "bug".

But who cares.

Don't forget your NSX's roots. :)

top.jpg

Last edited:
TTony said:

That's an excellent idea, since it would be a real shame for you to get a little sand in your Honda. :rolleyes:

Well look who's back!
Hey Sandy, still got the GT3 and are you enjoying it?

BTW this is really where Honda started.

pho_01.jpg

This is where Porsche started.

feature_6_kelly_1.jpg

CerberusM5 said:

"Ha ha, that guy couldn't afford a real mid-engined exotic like a Ferrari F430 or 360CS".

It's very uncool to make fun of an individual's financial status. Car enthusiasts are car enthusiasts, no matter how much or how little money they have.

http://world.honda.com/CIVIC/birthofthecivic/images/top/top.jpg[

IMG][/QUOTE]

Funny The civic and the NSX look nothing alike ,but the visual cues from the 911 and the VW are undeniable.

Since your a 911 guy now and completely hated your NSX so much you sold it at such a huge loss ( i.e the terrible resale value thread that actually had people thinking everyone would be willing to sell their NSX at wholesale ) why do you keep coming back to prime and posting? No offense to you sir , it's just that I used to have a 300ZX but I don't feel the need to go to the website anymore and look for anything let alone try to keep them in check telling them what their car is or isn't.

Of course I understand that you are allowed to post here ,but their are so many Porsche websites one would think you would have your hands full there defending the Porsche faithful from NSX trolls ( or whatever other car owners who feel they need to go to someone else's site ). I'm not sure if anyone does this on Porsche sites as I don't go there and am not curious as to what Porsche guy's tell each ( hint hint ) other.

The thread is very truthful as there are a lot of 911's out there ( where I live more 911's than boxsters ) . Most people even car enthusiasts ( especially car enthusiasts ) tend to stare when they see them no harm in that as looks are free. So since you have no NSX interest ( which would genrally mean not going to an NSX website ) why would you care or bother with this thread? I've seen you called a troll in other threads ( sometimes worse ) I honestly don't think your a troll you just weren't happy with the car so since you've moved on move on:wink: I mean this is like reading and responding to an ex-girlfriends blog ( why would you care ) .

CerberusM5 said:

top.jpg

Whoa dude, it was a joke :) Take it easy! :D

CerberusM5 said:
Car enthusiasts are car enthusiasts, no matter how much or how little money they have.

Yes I agree completely, did I say something else?

I was just joking, have a nice day :wink:

It's all good guys, people have their opinions. They can say whatever they want but as long as it doesnt get to you, it doesnt matter.

pbassjo said:
Well look who's back!
Hey Sandy, still got the GT3 and are you enjoying it?

BTW this is really where Honda started.

pho_01.jpg

This is where Porsche started.

feature_6_kelly_1.jpg

Hi Joe,

Yes, I still have my glorified Super Beetle and enjoying it immensely. I will probably continue to keep it until the 997 replacement arrives or get a CGT if the prices continue to drop sufficiently.

You got me on the family tree. :wink:

Take care

WingZ said:
Funny The civic and the NSX look nothing alike ,but the visual cues from the 911 and the VW are undeniable.

The thread is very truthful as there are a lot of 911's out there ( where I live more 911's than boxsters ) . Most people even car enthusiasts ( especially car enthusiasts ) tend to stare when they see them no harm in that as looks are free. So since you have no NSX interest ( which would genrally mean not going to an NSX website ) why would you care or bother with this thread? I've seen you called a troll in other threads ( sometimes worse ) I honestly don't think your a troll you just weren't happy with the car so since you've moved on move on:wink: I mean this is like reading and responding to an ex-girlfriends blog ( why would you care ) .

Agreed, the current day 911 definitely can trace its mechanical and visual roots to the original VW Type 1. Wow, isn't she a beauty?

24983006.jpg

I am definitely not a troll and appreciate you feel the same way. I have friends that still own NSXs and still surf these pages for future news, since I will probably give the new NSX replacement a try, if Honda ever decides to step up again after its long hiatus from the retail high performance car sector.

I just came across this thread and thought the lookalike Boxsters and 911s were not properly represented.

No harm intended as always. :smile:

|Adeel said:
Whoa dude, it was a joke :) Take it easy! :D

Yes I agree completely, did I say something else?

I was just joking, have a nice day :wink:

I assumed you were just having a little fun as we all should. I am guilty of the same at times. Take care and watch out for those pesky lowered 2-seat Beetle roadsters in your rearview mirror. :smile:

It's funny: Yesterday on my way to dinner, I saw 4 Red (all of them Red) Boxsters (first Gen) within 45 seconds of each other. I would have thought it was a Boxster get together if they had not been travelling in different directions. Can't say that is likely to happen with the NSX (even in highly concentrated NSX areas). Not accounting for NSX get togethers of course.:wink:

NsSeX said:

No, I just go home and get my NSX!!!!:wink:

Back