Nyias

Just back from the opening "press day" at the autoshow. Really nothing spectacular. I was looking forward to getting a picture of the NSX for everyone, but it wasn't out on display yet. I was hoping to see if they had any better detail than last year's model, where there was no interior. Hopefully, when some of you go, it will be out on display. I understand that they'll have it out for Friday's official opening.
One of the highlights (IMHO) is the Hyundai Genesis Coupe "concept", it's got some real interesting lines, and interior. The wheels with the carbon fiber inserts, just don't do it however!!!
Viper-not bad
Vette-pretty nice, but the rear end fails
lots of "Bailey worthy" models this year (2 legged variety), but nothing in the cars that you immediately had to have.
Overall, disappointing

I haven't been to the NY Auto Show in years (had no idea what your thread title meant at first). I'm planning to head down on Saturday. Probably get there around 11ish. Kind of excited to see the NSX although I really want to see the production version. I've had enough with the concept. I hope they tone it down just a bit. It's a bit coarse now (kind of like the TL and TSX changes which I don't like although I love both the older version).

In any case, it will be fun to see some cars. I would love to take my NSX down there but I don't trust the city (I'm not a city person).

Leave the NSX home, take your DD, you'll feel much better about it safe, tucked away from the pot holes the size of Rhode Island!!!

Just back from the opening "press day" at the autoshow. Really nothing spectacular. I was looking forward to getting a picture of the NSX for everyone, but it wasn't out on display yet.

Rog,

The wife and I went wed too. I went to see the first produced 911, the Ferry Porsche/Seinfield 1964. Amazing how almost 50 years later, a 911 still is a 911. BMW had some wicked M cars. Audi has some sick RS models and I love the LFA.

I hadnt gone in years and dont think i'll return for many more.

Michael

Rog,

The wife and I went wed too. I went to see the first produced 911, the Ferry Porsche/Seinfield 1964. Amazing how almost 50 years later, a 911 still is a 911. BMW had some wicked M cars. Audi has some sick RS models and I love the LFA.

I hadnt gone in years and dont think i'll return for many more.

Michael

Sorry I didn't know you'd be there!! I go each year with a group of guys, during press day. Have fun looking at the models, and sometimes the cars too. Can't do that with the wife :) It's not been "exciting" for years. The new Vette and Viper look good for what they are. Not a big McLaren fan, the 64 Porsche was more exciting than the new ones. While I'm a R8 fan, it's not new anymore, and the matte blue, doesn't show the car's lines that well. The model with the car, not bad!! Didn't see your name on the NSX dinner list..........take the wifey out for a meal!!!!

I was at the show and bumped into Wing. It was great to see another primer or even someone with a scienceofspeed t-shirt. I was wearing my LOVEFab T and I saw someone wearing an SOS shirt but they were getting far so I decided to yell SCIENCE OF SPEED! and Wing turned around. Great to see a part of the NSX family there. Hopefully I become a real part soon. Going to check out a BB in Jersey this week hopefully. Also, if anyone is going superspeeders has an autocross event that will be happening in NJ. It's $99 to get 3 laps in a Ferrari or Lamborghini so I took up the offer. If you guys are interested they have a small spot on the third floor and the cars and where you pay is on the lowest floor in the back corner where the Mclaren and Gallardo is. Have fun guys

. Also, if anyone is going superspeeders has an autocross event that will be happening in NJ. It's $99 to get 3 laps in a Ferrari or Lamborghini so I took up the offer. If you guys are interested they have a small spot on the third floor and the cars and where you pay is on the lowest floor in the back corner where the Mclaren and Gallardo is. Have fun guys

If it's the one at englishtown your wasting you money. My wife bought it for me and it was a joke!

GSV, just saw your post. Good to catch up with you. Always a pleasure running into Prime members...

Back