NSXs in the Trojan Family

Yesterday I spotted an early model red NSX (black top, original 5 spoke rims) in a parking structure near Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade. This NSX had a USC Alumni license plate frame on it.

Now that I think about it, I've seen quite a few NSXs adorned with such frames (I'm one of them). In fact, one of my first NSX sightings was on the 'SC campus back in the early 90's (perhaps that one belonged to George Lucas'?)

How many of you NSXers are members of the Trojan family?

On a somewhat related note, I've never met a Bruin with a NSX....hmmmm.
wink.gif

Last edited:
You already know I went to SC. I don't have a USC Alumni plate on my cars though because I work in Westwood and you know how that is. I don't want anyone scratching my car because it has an SC plate.

That reminds me of a when I was attending 'SC. I parked my old '79 Celica in Westwood. I came back to it and my 'SC plate frame was gone (at least they were nice enough to put the plate back on).

And one morning (around 3am) after a home Cal vs. 'SC game several years ago, police showed up at my dad's place. They asked him if that was his car (a Honda 600) located at the bottom of the hill. Their best guess was that some Cal fans saw the 'SC plate frame and decided it would be cool to push his little Honda (and I do mean little...it only takes four people to physically lift the 600) down his driveway. Needless to say, the 600 was totalled.

'Tis a pity...I would have loved to have pics of my NSX next to his Honda 600. On the bright side, my dad got as much for his 600 as salvaged junk as he originally paid for it (Honda's really do hold their value)
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 19 March 2001).]

Last edited:
Does using Trojans count?

Cute. That reminds me of those "Make love with a Trojan" t-shirts that some students would proudly wear around campus
cool.gif

Last edited:
I went to UCLA. Hope we play each other in the NCAA tournament
wink.gif

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

CChung...we did our part, but wha' happened to UCLA?
tongue.gif

Last edited:
SC defeats Kentucky. Yeah BABY!! I watched the whole game. On t the elite 8. I was hoping ucla would have beaten Duke so we could have dispatched them personally. oh well....
Fight On!

My reply is kinda late since I just happen to look under this forum section for the first time. I guess we both fell victim to Duke but at least, if it's any consolation, they were the eventual national champions. Congratulations on a great tournament! I guess USC going further than UCLA in the tournament would make up somewhat for the two losses USC was handed by UCLA
wink.gif

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

USC... best college fight song... A risky admission in my mostly Irish extended family.

Should have gone to California and hung! out with Cal girls. Only got as far as Las Vegas. The Black Beast whispered to me, "I like this dry mountain air." Please stop, or I will make you! And so it goes...

We like the south beaches and hang out around San Clemente - San Onofre. The Beast also likes the coast. Its whine at 8000 RPM tells me that the mid-70s temps and moderate humidity allow it to crank out a few extra horses. I hope you guys can keep the lights on 'cause we need a real beach (not Lake Mead) this year!

[This message has been edited by nsxman (edited 19 April 2001).]

Funny how this thread has attracted so many non-Trojans.

Last edited:
akira3d said:
Wow...I haven't seen this thread in ages! AMAZING!

Nor had I, but since it was dug up.. :)

I will be attending UCLA Law next year; I am a University of Arizona alum.

graduated from usc in 2002....picked up a 94 white nsx in 2003.....good to know there are other fellow trojans here too...haha....."practice safe sex....have sex with a trojan"....

Akira

I did two years of USC undergrad(1979-1981) but a jumped ship to get a DDS as a Bruin. Sorry but my heart belongs to Westwood and Coach Wooden.

Rod

Sorry but my heart belongs to Westwood and Coach Wooden.

I didn't need to know that.

Again...why are so many non-Trojans posting in this thread?

I guess I should add that I've met a few Bruin NSXers since I started this thread a few years ago.

I graduated from 'SC's School of Cinema-Television (undergrad) 10 years ago.

SC...right on..

USC!!!! of course that would be 20 years ago.......

Back