NSX's cheaper in the winter?

Hi guys,

Background
I've been playing around with the idea of buying an NSX. I currently have an 02 S2000 sitting in the garage for more than a year awaiting a 3.2L V6 swap, but I'm reconsidering it. I own it, so it'd be at least $10k down on an NSX.

If I can get my S2000 sold before winter, are NSXs cheaper in the winter like S2000s? I figure winter wouldn't be a time that people would be looking for a weekend car.

Thanks!

Maybe cars like a Jeep, or Miata, or anything american, probably cheaper in the winter but the NSX is on its own. it holds it price pretty good all year long. and the prices are actually going up. even in this economy.

I say keep your S2000 keep it mint or return it to stock. or atleast take that hood off. LOL dont do the V6 upgrade. save you money when your in the 15-20 K cash range sell your S2000 and then you have enough to start looking.

but keep in mind, that there are guys on prime that have been looking for the right NSX for years.

and dont jump into the first NSX you see. there may be lots of money needed to be put into it.

like TB/WP valve adjusments, hoses, clutch etc. those can run you around
$6,000 bucks alone.

so be careful. and have you thought about how much your insurance is going to be? I mean my driving record is the worst. tickets all the time.

and if your tring to finance, not many Banks will finance a car over 4 years old. let alone a car depending on what year you get 20+ years old. for 20-28K loan.

lots to think about. and to swap your 4 cyl for V6? do you really need a V6 engine? I mean the S2000 can keep up with the NSX on the track with the right driver with its 4cyl.

one last thing the chick in your avatar is smoking hot. LOL sorry that had to be said.

just be careful with your purchase of an NSX

I actually agree with the OP here. I think in some cases(where it snows) the NSX cars for sale drop prices so they don't have to sit all winter. In places like California, Arizona, Nevada etc... they actually get driven more often. I drive mine a lot more from September to March of the following year. He is an example. Someone lives in Ohio and he is selling his nsx. the car has been available for sale for 2 months now and it is currently November. There is a good chance he may budge on the price since the car will sit all winter and the likeliness of someone driving it across country with snow is low. It all depends on how fast they need the money or if they really care to sell it that fast.

Depends on where you live...
For Europe where it has snow during 3 +-1 months or where it's cold I don't see a price drop on the NSX's, just a little bit more cars for sale . There are 10 times more S2000 on the market and their value drop before the end of the year and rise at the beginning of the warm season.
Regarding that the best car can't be found within a week it's not worth it to hurry sale/buy IMO.

Thanks for the input guys. I didn't think that NSXs would really drop much in price like convertibles, but it was worth a shot.

I'm pretty set on getting an NSX. Not too worried about insurance costs. Me and the GF used to pay $250 a month for her S2k and the Fit... My insurance costs are quite a lot lower now that I own a house.

I guess my search will be even longer since I want a GPW.

A local credit union lends money for any car less than 80k miles. We don't owe much on the GF's S or the DD, so financing it shouldn't be a big deal.

:P If you want more pics of the gf: http://www.cardomain.com/id/PNK_S2k/

I'll try to use it as some leverage in northern states if I find one. I guess before I had a DD, I used to drive my S every day in the winter top down, although winters in Texas don't encourage suicide like other states.

:P I guess I'll never really have to wave at another NSX when I actually buy one then, since they're so rare even compared to the S2000. I've seen maybe 2-3 in Dallas.

I think I read that there are 7k NSXs in US? There's 100k S2000s in 10 model years, and they're still rare.

Just buy it when you see what you want regardless the time of year.

Back