NSX's are becoming harder to find... :(

DV8 said:
It's hard but you really have to be patient to find the right one.
You definitely have to be patient when searching for the right car. I check on autotrader everyday and finally a local one showed up. It took 3 months searching on autotrader. I went and talk to the owner and everything was legit and clean about the car. I purchased it within a week and a half before no one could snatch it up.

ISONSX said:
I had the same criteria a you, even looking for the same MC Blue but ended up deciding on a yellow. My car has $8K worth of rims and tires (HRE 545 18/19") and relatively new (2 years old /5K miles) Comptech exhaust but even a bone stock '97 and up with 30-40K miles, "A/B" car is going to run you mid 40s at a minimum. So the answer to your question is NO, you cannot expect 30-44K to be reasonable for this type of car...maybe a 100K mile car but not a low mileage one.

Did you buy this yellow Arizona car? It is still listed on Autotrader.

whats a PPI?

Big_D said:
The numbers are dwindling...have you broadened your search range to a national level? I find it interesting that alot of people have their heart set on a certain color or year. When buying a Used Car, the main concerns should be these items:

Clean title history.
Has the car been involved in any accidents?
Are the service records available?
What kind of mods?
How much track time?
Number of miles driven annually?
Number of owners?

Once a prospective car has passed that criteria, then start paying attention to the model year and exterior color. It is suprising that once you narrow it down to cars that you would actually be interested in buying, there aren't very many choices left.

Don't be affraid of an older car with higher miles. Anything below 75K should be considered low miles for 15 year old car. Assume 5k per year as an average. As long as the documented service history is available and there is no deferred maintenence then you should be okay. These cars will last 300k

Once you do find one, you need to be decisive and have cash in hand to be ready to buy or have your bank pre-approve your loan. The best cars do sell fast. Make sure you get a PPI or someone that knows these cars to have a look at it and take a test drive as a condition of the purchase.

Good Luck on your search!

hofffam said:
Did you buy this yellow Arizona car? It is still listed on Autotrader.
Yes - Picking it up Saturday. Mark Basch just did the PPI yesterday.

my1stnsx said:
I hate to say this but an M3 is not a supercar or exotic!! I see them everywhere

Not an e30 M3!! Its not an exotic or a supercar, but it's one hell of a car, and getting more rare everyday!!

P1010068.jpg

blackna1 said:
Yeah I agree.

Today, after almost 2 month listing my x for sale:

(on prime, buy&sell, revscene.net etc...)
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76972

I had 3 serious buyers and I think this recent one is almost about to settle with a deal. Should be sold as soon as the buyer sells his 55,000km '93 mr2. As I come to think of it, I am already panicking as I have no idea when I will find my next car, that I hope to be another x, too.

As getting closer as to being in your situation, I am becoming more anxious and annoyed by the process of shopping for the right one.... :frown: my friends are telling me not to sell it, but I the deal is almost as much as how much I paid for it 19months ago, why not? Maybe I should consider importing one from the states.

Wow you're selling the NSX at over $ 46,000 USD? You have to import another one from the states then if you are getting that much for it up there.

DDankew said:
Wow you're selling the NSX at over $ 46,000 USD? You have to import another one from the states then if you are getting that much for it up there.

By the end of this week, the my x should be gone. Probably going on the last photoshoot this weekend, I know I'm gonna need it.

Well, theres a long way to go before I get the next x.

If anyone is interested mine is up for sale. It is an 05 with 24000 miles on it. I am asking $74999 which includes color matched Avus wheels, Taitec exhaust, and SOS intake.

ftlstan said:
If anyone is interested mine is up for sale. It is an 05 with 24000 miles on it. I am asking $74999 which includes color matched Avus wheels, Taitec exhaust, and SOS intake.

I wish I could afford that... what I'd really like is a 97 or newer and under $45k... does anyone think this is unreasonable? I would consider myself to be pretty picky about my NSX.... as far as the quality of the paint, the care that has been taken to not rag out the car etc... im sure you guys know what I mean ;)

PhiAlpha44 said:
Why are you sweating the milage? It's a Honda. It's going to run forever... besides, I'd much rather buy a car that's been driven regularly than a garage queen that probably has dry rot on every seal.

Well I'd rather not have a car with high miles because thats just more miles that you never know what ppl were doing during that time, and the likelyhood that the car will have problems in the future.

The 91 I used to have had 77k miles on it when I bought it. Sold it with 114K miles. I nearly cried when it hit 100k.. :redface: And after that I could feel a bit of a change. I'd rather not have to tear the engine apart (as much as I'd probably like to - to upgrade some parts) But I dont have all that much disposable income as some of you might ;)

Either way, id rather pay 45k for a nice 97-98 with 50k miles than a 91 with 13k miles thats never driven. I want the bigger engine, and the 6 spd. Now I know I can add these things but I'd rather just get it all at once in one car an not have to rip everything out...

Wick said:
Not an e30 M3!! Its not an exotic or a supercar, but it's one hell of a car, and getting more rare everyday!!

P1010068.jpg

Please don't take me too wrong, but just look at it!!!!!!! I have a friend who races one and it is a great (fantasic says my buddy) track car, but to me it looks like a misshapen box on wheels. I don't care if its the last one on earth, I would not want it. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I could just be blind :redface: ..........Steve

"NSX's are becoming harder to find... :( "

(were they ever easy?)

Super high miles, Major mod's , wrecks & multiple unknown owner's really narrow down the playing field.

I looked at & drove several prior to finding mine. Ran 100 carfax's, made 100 phone calls & sent several hundred e-mails.

Not an easy car to buy. Unless your looking for a newer model.

Some get lucky right off the bat, but many spend months looking for the right car.

To me, were in the 3rd phase of things. Here is how I look at cars like this.

#1, New car! Most take great care of 'em!
#2, The car is getting older, depreciation takes place, selling for 1/2 of sticker price.
#3, Younger crowd gets involved, cars get heavily modified, miles pile up, many are wrecked.
#4, The restoration phase takes place, as mint examples are not easy to come by.
Never thought you would be paying so much for orig. wheels... LOL LOL
#5 The garage queen is finally having its day! ($$$$$) Too bad none of its care takers got to fully enjoy it........
Sold to a collector only to find its place in his collection.

Just something to think about..........

P.S I like 4 cyl. M3's :biggrin:

zahntech said:
there maybe only 10 or 15 cars in the country that match that description and then the owner has to be selling it....

But I only want ONE !!! :redface: :wink: :biggrin:

MCM said:

(were they ever easy?)

Super high miles, Major mod's , wrecks & multiple unknown owner's really narrow down the playing field.

I looked at & drove several prior to finding mine. Ran 100 carfax's, made 100 phone calls & sent several hundred e-mails.

Some get lucky right off the bat, but many spend months looking for the right car.

#2, The car is getting older, depreciation takes place, selling for 1/2 of sticker price.
#3, Younger crowd gets involved, cars get heavily modified, miles pile up, many are wrecked.
#4, The restoration phase takes place, as mint examples are not easy to come by.
#5 The garage queen is finally having its day! ($$$$$) Too bad none of its care takers got to fully enjoy it........

I think you are on the money with that timeline. I wonder if Honda still offers the NSX factory refresh program?

MCM said:

(were they ever easy?)

Seems like all those apply to the NSX.

swbatte said:
I think you are on the money with that timeline. I wonder if Honda still offers the NSX factory refresh program?
I think they do but it's an arm and a leg to have a done!!! You've to ship your car to japan and wait a long time before you get it back..I dont think its worth the money or the time!!

needspeed said:
Please don't take me too wrong, but just look at it!!!!!!! I have a friend who races one and it is a great (fantasic says my buddy) track car, but to me it looks like a misshapen box on wheels. I don't care if its the last one on earth, I would not want it. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I could just be blind :redface: ..........Steve

No problem, to each his own... but I'd say you better start looking for that guide dog, as your eye sight is definitely fading!!

needspeed said:

Just to help educate you further on why the e30 M3 is such a great car, e.g., winningest sedan in motorsport history, with over 1300 races won in the European Touring class from 1985-89, here's a great video of the e30 M3 in the European Rally Championship series, winning this event. I think you'll be impressed with the car, but particularly the driving skills. Enjoy :smile:

http://www.sporttuned.com/watch.php?v_id=616

(Way-off tipic:tongue: )

Great vid!
If you think mint - early NSX's are hard to find, try finding a mint- lo mi.-
4 banger M3.
Played around with early 2002's quite a bit, world class handling with a bit of effort & adding a 5 speed / lightweight flywheel really helps. You can really embarrass some high end cars in a lightly modified fish bowl.
But the heads on the 85-89 M3's changed everything!
If anyone knows of a clean lo-mi example, let me know!:biggrin:

MCM said:

Great vid!
4 banger M3.
Played around with early 2002's quite a bit, world class handling with a bit of effort & adding a 5 speed / lightweight flywheel really helps. You can really embarrass some high end cars in a lightly modified fish bowl.

There is a guy that works at my company that owns an e30 M3. Its white and in mint condition. Doubt he would sell it though. I drove one of these cars when they were new, what a fun car to drive.

Back to the NSX...luckily, there seem to be plenty around. Patience is key.

MCM said:

Great vid!
4 banger M3.

I have one for sale :smile:

M3-2.jpg

I was thinking about selling mine at times.. I dont drive it much.. not even in the weekend. But I ran into an old friend. found out he has a 99. He said he sold his first NSX. Got depressed then he had to replace it with another.

Funny fact is that both my son and my wife is not supportive of me SELLING the NSX..

I'd prob get depress too if I did sell it..

fkong777 said:
I was thinking about selling mine at times.. I dont drive it much.. not even in the weekend. But I ran into an old friend. found out he has a 99. He said he sold his first NSX. Got depressed then he had to replace it with another.

Funny fact is that both my son and my wife is not supportive of me SELLING the NSX..

I'd prob get depress too if I did sell it..

See man, ever since I sold my NSX... I have not stopped thinking about it... I have never dreamt of a car until I owned the NSX... Funny thing is, I didn't dream about it until I sold it... it haunts me to this day! So I must follow my dreams (litterally) haha...

Back