• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPOntario'07

Where would you like to hold an NSXPOntario?

• I will attend if the event is held at Mosport, Tremblant or Calabogie;

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • I will only attend if it is held at Mosport;

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I will only attend if it is held at Calabogie;

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I will only attend if it is held at Tremblant;

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will attend it if is held at either Calabogie or Tremblant;

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I will attend if it is held at either Calabogie or Mosport; or

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I cannot commit to attending.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
I introduced this idea in a previous thread.

I believe that the time has come to plan our first ever NSX of Ontario event and I believe that we should kick it off in a big way.

I am proposing that we formally put together our own 3 or 4 day event at:

1) a track,
2) a hotel, and
3) in an area where we can do some other social activies.

I forsee 1 or 2 days at the track (with instructors) and 2 days for driving/social events within reasonable range of the track.

Our options as I see it are:

Mosport and surrounding area. I bet we could put together a very nice and scenic event North of the track.

Calabogie. This track is now up and running. Its novelty could be a big draw. Noise restrictions do not appear to be providing any issues to cars that have attended so far. We could do Calabogie and Ottawa.

Tremblant. Far for almost everybody. Unbelievable venue though - there would be no parallel in eastern North America.

Show of hands, if we put together something at either of these three, will you attend. Because the track would require a downpayment, we would require deposits of, just guessing, about $500 to $600 per car once the process was advanced enough.

Please check what is appropriate for you. You can select more than one: ie if you will attend regardless, but prefer it to be held at Calabogie or Tremblant, check both that apply.

EDIT, please consider the options with two tracks as reading : I prefer if the event were held at X or Y, instead of an absolute. I cannot edit the poll questions.

I'm in for any of the proposed tracks. Only question is: Isn't NSXPO ohio in 07? Do we make this at another time of the year or push it off to '08 when it's on the west coast?

Arshad said:
I'm in for any of the proposed tracks. Only question is: Isn't NSXPO ohio in 07? Do we make this at another time of the year or push it off to '08 when it's on the west coast?

NSXPO 2007 is in Ohio and NSXPO 2008 is in Portland.

Just becasue theres an EXPO in the USA doesn't mean we shouldn't get together ourselves...

I'd just make sure that they dont come together in the same month, thats all!

BioBanker said:
Yeah, Im thinking that if we do this, we do it in the spring to maximize the time till OHIO.

We should also get team Canada suits for OHIO.

I'm in. Just do it early in the season, then there's no conflict with XPO 07.

My wife becky can do T-shirts, golf shirts, sweat shirts, golf pullovers etc. But a full blown race suit?

So, it looks like Mosport is the winner then!

We should tag the Spring Fling a track day and a tech presentation at a nearby hotel and make a weekend of it!

swbatte said:
So, it looks like Mosport is the winner then!

We should tag the Spring Fling a track day and a tech presentation at a nearby hotel and make a weekend of it!

Lets do it to conincide with a Hanson day, so we'll have instructors, the DDT and lots of fun. Then we pick a hotel around there and we're cool!

We can probably convince Bartling in Oshawa where I keep my porsche to lend us their garage for tech sessions!:smile:

I don't mind doing a tech session or two. By that time, I will have amassed enough knowledge to at least talk about a few DIY maintenance things and maybe perform some for people.

Sounds like a great Idea. I would love to go to the OHIO EXPO with the Canada guys.

Perfect,
Now we just need the dates for the Hanson HPDEs in the spring, get Arshad to plan a "spring fling" for that weekend, find a hotel and plan a tech session & dinner.

Easy!

Stu, can you keep an eye out for a Hanson date?

Tech session

Send me some votes on what people would like to know more about during the tech session. These are the things that I'm familar enough to talk about.

- Brakes, Fluid flush, checking / replacing, hand brake adjustment
- Clutch Fluid flush
- Injector replacement (not performing - too time consuming, but can discuss)
- Vacuum hose replacement
- Coolant, Hose replacement, fluid flush (not performing but can discuss)
- Oil changes (not performing - too messy, but can discuss)
- Interior, Door panels, interior trim, center console, cluster
- Drive shaft / CV boot / hub bearing inspection
- Spark plugs replacement
- Exhaust / Cat replacement (Discuss only)

lithiumus said:
Tech session

Send me some votes on what people would like to know more about during the tech session. These are the things that I'm familar enough to talk about.

- Brakes, Fluid flush, checking / replacing, hand brake adjustment
- Clutch Fluid flush
- Injector replacement (not performing - too time consuming, but can discuss)
- Vacuum hose replacement
- Coolant, Hose replacement, fluid flush (not performing but can discuss)
- Oil changes (not performing - too messy, but can discuss)
- Interior, Door panels, interior trim, center console, cluster
- Drive shaft / CV boot / hub bearing inspection
- Spark plugs replacement
- Exhaust / Cat replacement (Discuss only)

I like the idea of things I could do myself ie brakes/oil/interior

I saw a timing belt replacement at XPO 04 - the engine was on a stand, and I learned not to try it myself.

swbatte said:

I saw a timing belt replacement at XPO 04 - the engine was on a stand, and I learned not to try it myself.

I agree. I don't mind talking about any of these but to do a Tech session, we should stick to things that don't take too long and something that we could all go home and potentially do ourselves.

swbatte said:

I agree with you and Garrick too! I once saw open heart surgery performed - I'm pretty sure that doesn't make me a doctor.

Bleeding, checking brakes and replacing pads - I'm in! Wouldn't it be great to change pads early so the Rotors last longer and the only cost is the pads and one hour?:biggrin:

Im up for the brake stuff - I do my own pads, but would like to know about fluid. Clutch too. Oil - definately.

Stu can teach us how he has mastered the art of calling Garrick over to fix something, too.

Thats probably the best skill to have IMO.

Why dont we choose from the list of DIY things that are in the FAQ. That way we can work it through in real life, and go home with a hardcopy without having someone have to spend the hours putting that together. We can video it if needed and put it up on our site too.

BioBanker said:
Im up for the brake stuff - I do my own pads, but would like to know about fluid. Clutch too. Oil - definately.

Stu can teach us how he has mastered the art of calling Garrick over to fix something, too.

Thats probably the best skill to have IMO.

You'd know better than me since Garrick did your steering wheel in my garage...hmm...come to think of it thats the only Yellow car Garrick has ever worked on.

Red said:
You'd know better than me since Garrick did your steering wheel in my garage...hmm...come to think of it thats the only Yellow car Garrick has ever worked on.

This is true... BUT, Stu has me locked in and reserved and I'm prepared to work on anything that I've already mastered (skill and experience wise) on his Yellow beast. The only other car that I would be working on (other than my own) would be Arshad's car but he's scheduled me for the Spring.

Last edited:
Back