NSXPO Northeast Caravan - 9/23/09

Our group can hook up with you in Binghamton area at 10 am. (201) 245-3007. That good? You are about 2 from Larry's?

Sounds good. The Don is used to meeting me up that way on our way to Watkins Glen although we will be taking a different route once we hit Binghamton. We will be trying to find out whether there is a rest stop or similar area near Binghamton on 81. I am anticipating that he will be in your part of the caravan on the way up.

Aaron-
It is an hour and a half from our start in Teaneck/Leonia to Tannersville, PA. which is the I-80/380 junction where we can meet you. It is then a half hour up I-380 to Scranton to meet the large group. Once they get the Scranton time down, we can figure from that time and meet you 1/2 hour earlier at/near Tannersville.

Taking RSO's suggestion I can time my entry to route 80 with you guys passing by. If I call you and find out when you will be around exit 35 I can leave my house and merge right with the caravan. I will PM you my cell so we can coordinate the meet up without you guys even needing to stop. :cool:

i'm in the rt80 group.itza bout 2 hrs from
the gap to bing....

see you guys at 8am???
:cool:

Taking RSO's suggestion I can time my entry to route 80 with you guys passing by. If I call you and find out when you will be around exit 35 I can leave my house and merge right with the caravan. I will PM you my cell so we can coordinate the meet up without you guys even needing to stop. :cool:
We anticipate screaming past exit 35 at about 7:30. You gotta be able to catch us though. I'll cell you at about 7:20 to give you our exact location. Safety Fast! :cool:

Rich,
What time do we meet/leave Mariott? I don't know where exit 35 on rt 80 is.

Simon
I hate to be the bad guy to say it, but .......... "7 am at the Marriott!"
Quick Jersey fuel-up at Marriott and on to exit 35 (Aaron) half hour in. We won't be stopping though. Aaron will be accelerating out of the pits, kind of F1 style, to catch us on the straightaway about 7:30. Then on to hookup with the 3-D group (theDon, DocJohn, DocBling) and others at or near the 80/33 junction by 8:10-8:15. We need to be in Binghamton at 10 am.
See you at 7. haha

I hate to be the bad guy to say it, but .......... "7 am at the Marriott!"

7am sounds good! Nothing better then skipping the NYC traffic early in the morning.

Not sure if anyone else from Long Island/NYC/Yonkers want to join the Rt 80 caravan or the Rt 17 caravan. Post up if you are.

Unless someone has another idea, it looks like this "Pilot Travel Center" in Binghamton off of I-81 would be a good place to meet up.

Pilot Travel Center - 2 Industrial Park Drive, Binghamton, NY, 13904
Sounds good. If we manage to arrive before 10, I may wanna take one of those cool showers they have there, ya know, to kinda wake up a bit.
But no pics please. You don't wanna damage the camera that you will need in Toronto.

7am sounds good! Nothing better then skipping the NYC traffic early in the morning.

Not sure if anyone else from Long Island/NYC/Yonkers want to join the Rt 80 caravan or the Rt 17 caravan. Post up if you are.

Simon Since you are near me I will meet up with you and we can live the bronx together just let me know what time you wanna leave..

you guys decide who is to install the tow hook .....my craftomatic and I will be waiting:tongue:

Simon Since you are near me I will meet up with you and we can live the bronx together just let me know what time you wanna leave..

Jermaine,
If you choose Rt80, we should just meet at the Marriott in Teaneck NJ instead of making more local stops.

Mariott directions:
Cross GW Br. following signs to I-95 (LOCAL ONLY). I-95 & I-80 run together for a short distance (mile or so) to EXIT 70 (Leonia/Teaneck).
Take this exit and it will lead straight into the Marriott Hotel meeting area and be on I-95 by 7:00 am.

Please note: Google maps does not tell you, but you must use the local I-95 lanes after crossing the bridge. The express lanes will take you past exit 70.

That sounds fine to me I have an idea where this meeting spot is..See you there

Jermaine,
If you choose Rt80, we should just meet at the Marriott in Teaneck NJ instead of making more local stops.

Mariott directions:
Cross GW Br. following signs to I-95 (LOCAL ONLY). I-95 & I-80 run together for a short distance (mile or so) to EXIT 70 (Leonia/Teaneck).
Take this exit and it will lead straight into the Marriott Hotel meeting area and be on I-95 by 7:00 am.

Please note: Google maps does not tell you, but you must use the local I-95 lanes after crossing the bridge. The express lanes will take you past exit 70.

Here is the final route with times for next Wednesday's Trip to Buffalo.

Leave Teaneck, NJ Marriott @ 7:00
Pass exit 35 0n I-80 @ 7:30 (Aaron)
Pass DW Water Gap I-80 @ 8:10
Tannersville, PA on I-380 @ 8:25 (the Don's group)
Scranton, PA at 380/81 junction @ 9:00
Binghamton, NY @ 10:00

Optional quick stops if communication breakdowns:
(These stops are not necessary if we meet as planned on the road)

Tannersville,PA - I-380 exit 299, then right on 715, then left on Sullivan Trail route 4004, then right into parking area of Crossing Factory Stores. 5 minute stop maximum.
Scranton, PA - I-380 exit 188, then right on 347, then right on Monahan into parking for Sleep Inn Suites. 5 minute maximum.

If you separate or are late for any reason, just drive I-81 to Binghamton to meet @ 10 am sharp. See post 32.
We will be trying to make the minimum number of stops.

Have a Safe & Fun trip. :smile::smile:

just a heads up rt 80 duuuudes...
i hafta put a kid on a schoolbus at 820am
which puts me in the gap area at 830am

i'll catch ya.:cool:

i have the don's cellie #
pm me yers if you dare.

Hi All;

Clem & Auntie La are leaving the lake house in Otis MA at O' thirty (7:00am) to Lee Ma pickup the Mass Pike to ALB and folow the signs for Bufalo. with an ETA of 3Pm in BUF. See u all soon.

Clem & Lori (Worlds Best Little Gps):biggrin::biggrin:

with an ETA of 3Pm in BUF.
I'm assuming people are planning to meet around 5:00 p.m. at Ray Laks, right? That's when I'm planning on getting there. I still have to leave pretty darn early; unlike everyone else posting here, I have a longer distance to drive and the time zone change works against me. See you then!

Meeting up with TheDon, Pookie and others in Easton PA
Tony how does your timing look since we are going to be in your home town?:smile:
See you all in the morning

Meeting up with TheDon, Pookie and others in Easton PA
Tony how does your timing look since we are going to be in your home town?:smile:
See you all in the morning

You will be near my hometown and I will be in Peekskill, NY.
I may catchup with Bob and Larry on 17 or simply see folks at the Pilot travel center in Binghamton...

Back