NSXPO Northeast Caravan - 9/23/09

It's never too early to get started planning a caravan (especially since DocJohn is gracing us with his presence and, being a demanding film critic, he has already asked about plans).

As can be seen from the Buffalo Stampede thread, most, if not all, of us will be heading up on Wednesday for the pre-NSXPO party on Wednesday night. It was suggested that we take 81 up and that way we could meet up with certain "other states" residents such as those who may have a God complex.

We are open to suggestions but figured it would be best to start posting up now so that everyone who wants to meet up for the trip will have sufficient opportunity to arrange their day and know what route we will be traveling.

Please post if you are planning to coordinate and caravan with the group as well as list your expected starting point in terms of major roadways/highways.

1. RSO 34 (picking up LarryB in Warwick, NY on Route 17 not too far from Route 84)

I wish to be awoke from bed, quietly bathed/shaved,fed and wisked off to buffalo by the caravan members.So yes this is important to me.

I wish to be awoke from bed, quietly bathed/shaved,fed and wisked off to buffalo by the caravan members.So yes this is important to me.

You're all set John:

6:40 A.M. - awakend by the melodic tones played by The Don on his alto sax

6:55 A.M. - egg white omelet prepared by The Big E

7:10 A.M. - bathing and detailing by Miled

7:25 A.M. - brazilian wax by Doc Bling

7:55 A.M. - picked up by Clem and anticipated to reach Toronto 3 days later

I was hoping this time that the good doctor would fix us breakfast. A waffle might be nice.

I was hoping this time that the good doctor would fix us breakfast. A waffle might be nice.

Don, Will your group be going up I-476 or I-380 to Scranton? Our group (the I-80 bunch from the East), can meet you near Tannersville (I-380/I-80 intersect) if you go 380. Otherwise, we can meet in Scranton if you go straight up 476.
Am I correct in assuming the I-84 group will be meeting all of us at Scranton?

Like the old Trig classes, with intersects and point of inflections. haha :smile:

I live off of rt80 so I will be heading the 80-380 route to Scranton. Is this train really going to start rolling that early?

It's never too early to get started planning a caravan (especially since DocJohn is gracing us with his presence and, being a demanding film critic, he has already asked about plans).

As can be seen from the Buffalo Stampede thread, most, if not all, of us will be heading up on Wednesday for the pre-NSXPO party on Wednesday night. It was suggested that we take 81 up and that way we could meet up with certain "other states" residents such as those who may have a God complex.

We are open to suggestions but figured it would be best to start posting up now so that everyone who wants to meet up for the trip will have sufficient opportunity to arrange their day and know what route we will be traveling.

Please post if you are planning to coordinate and caravan with the group as well as list your expected starting point in terms of major roadways/highways.

1. RSO 34 (picking up LarryB in Warwick, NY on Route 17 not too far from Route 84)

2. Passline (meeting KingKongNSX and other NYC primers @ Teaneck Glenpoint Marriott Hotel I-95/I-80 junction.

Ya know what:wink: Easiest thing for me is just to wheel my bed(craftomatic) on the shoulder of 84/81 juct and with a tow rope and hook setup I will latch on to the back of one of you,you guys decide.Then once at the hotel just wheel me to my room....perfect.

You're all set John:

6:40 A.M. - awakend by the melodic tones played by The Don on his alto sax

6:55 A.M. - egg white omelet prepared by The Big E

7:10 A.M. - bathing and detailing by Miled

7:25 A.M. - brazilian wax by Doc Bling

7:55 A.M. - picked up by Clem and anticipated to reach Toronto 3 days later
a brazilian is a lot...:rolleyes:

FYI - My plan is to meet up with the Stampede in Buffalo. However, after the event is over, I will be driving from there to NJ, and anyone can LMK if interested in joining me. My tentative plan is to leave the track some time Tuesday afternoon, drive east along the lake, have dinner in the Kingston area (probably either here or here), cross the border at the Thousand Islands Bridge, drive down I-81, stop overnight Tuesday night in Syracuse, then take I-81/I-380/I-80 to Jersey.

Last edited:
I live off of rt80 so I will be heading the 80-380 route to Scranton. Is this train really going to start rolling that early?

It's a long haul to Buffalo when you add in comfort breaks so the earlier we leave the better and easier it will be, especially to allow everyone to rest up before the Stampede.

I don't see that you registered for NSXPO yet and you are not on the hotel list. Don't miss out on the discounts by waiting too long.

Carla and I were planning to stay overnight after Tuesday track day and start fresh the next morning. I'm worried that after day two of the track, it will be too much of a hike to get home in one piece. Thoughts?

Any idea when you will be departing from Warwick? Looks like I will be starting the trek to Ray Laks from Peekskill.:rolleyes:

We haven't set a time yet Tony but Peekskill is not too far from me/us. We would be passing by Peekskill generally but I need to check with my rat bastard son in law to see if he is able to drive his trailer on the Bear Mountain extension to take the short route to Larry. What are your thoughts as to when you might be able to hit the road?

Carla and I were planning to stay overnight after Tuesday track day and start fresh the next morning. I'm worried that after day two of the track, it will be too much of a hike to get home in one piece. Thoughts?

I thought we were staying on Tuesday night and starting fresh on wednesday. I have my hotel room that night also since adding a 7 hour trip on top of two track days would be ill advised.

We haven't set a time yet Tony but Peekskill is not too far from me/us. We would be passing by Peekskill generally but I need to check with my rat bastard son in law to see if he is able to drive his trailer on the Bear Mountain extension to take the short route to Larry. What are your thoughts as to when you might be able to hit the road?

Given a 6.5 hr drive to Ray Laks plus possibly 1 stop for gas on the way, I figure leaving Peekskill no later than 8:30-9am. Add to that other possible 'rest' stops:smile: Personally, I do better without food until arriving at my destination.

I thought I recall someone stating a plan to check-in at the hotel before heading to Ray Laks which would push your start time much earlier.

That may make sense. Remember, I'll only be driving for one track day, not two. And I'm only going about halfway that night (to Syracuse), leaving the rest of the drive for Wednesday.

Given a 6.5 hr drive to Ray Laks plus possibly 1 stop for gas on the way, I figure leaving Peekskill no later than 8:30-9am. Add to that other possible 'rest' stops:smile: Personally, I do better without food until arriving at my destination.

I thought I recall someone stating a plan to check-in at the hotel before heading to Ray Laks which would push your start time much earlier.

Oops, my bad. I thought the Stampede started at 7:30 but it starts at 4:30. So, yes, we will be hitting the road as early as possible (meaning whenever the fellas can carry the gals into the cars while they are still sleeping to avoid the inevitable "can you tell me why we are leaving this early" inquiries.......)

As we get closer we will firm up a time to coordinate with the other groups.

Oops, my bad. I thought the Stampede started at 7:30 but it starts at 4:30. So, yes, we will be hitting the road as early as possible (meaning whenever the fellas can carry the gals into the cars while they are still sleeping to avoid the inevitable "can you tell me why we are leaving this early" inquiries.......)

As we get closer we will firm up a time to coordinate with the other groups.

Bob,please note the time was changed to 5:00P.M.--7:30 P.M. I'm sure if you get there a little early, you will not have to stand in line for the Ray Laks NSX detail. Meet & greet will be at the hotel in our room after :biggrin:

Good becuase I already prepaid for the night.
I thought we were staying on Tuesday night and starting fresh on wednesday. I have my hotel room that night also since adding a 7 hour trip on top of two track days would be ill advised.

Bob,
As Scranton is a little over an hour from Middletown area I-84. Do you guys have a time you will be leaving your meet spot 17/84 near Larry's? I need to plan our schedule to meet-up with you guys at the I-380/I-84/I-81 junction near Scranton. Our our route is I-80 to I-380 to Scranton junction. Only 2 weeks left.
Regards
Rich

Aaron-
It is an hour and a half from our start in Teaneck/Leonia to Tannersville, PA. which is the I-80/380 junction where we can meet you. It is then a half hour up I-380 to Scranton to meet the large group. Once they get the Scranton time down, we can figure from that time and meet you 1/2 hour earlier at/near Tannersville.

I will picking up Larry and leaving his house in Warwick (Orange County, NY) at 8:00 am. We will be taking Route 17 up to Route 81 in Binghamton.

Anyone who wants to join the caravan please arrange to be along one of those main roads so we can hook up easily without the need to pull over and wait for anyone. In order to minimize the total trip time, we should not be stopping and waiting/hanging out at various points to build the caravan in order to allow for comfort stops on the way to Buffalo.

If you have a club radio please bring it, otherwise exchange cell phone numbers for the various groups that plan on getting together so we will know who to look for along the way.

EDIT: PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF REVISED PLAN FROM LARRY'S HOUSE.

It doesn't make sense for us to head across 84 to 81 and the more direct route is straight up 17 to meet up with 81 in the Binghamton area. We will be taking 17 to 81 in Binghamton and picking up 90 West in Syracuse.

Last edited:
I will picking up Larry and leaving his house in Warwick (Orange County, NY) at 8:00 am. We will be taking Route 17 up to Route 81 in Binghamton.

Anyone who wants to join the caravan please arrange to be along one of those main roads so we can hook up easily without the need to pull over and wait for anyone. In order to minimize the total trip time, we should not be stopping and waiting/hanging out at various points to build the caravan in order to allow for comfort stops on the way to Buffalo.

If you have a club radio please bring it, otherwise exchange cell phone numbers for the various groups that plan on getting together so we will know who to look for along the way.

EDIT: PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF REVISED PLAN FROM LARRY'S HOUSE.

It doesn't make sense for us to head across 84 to 81 and the more direct route is straight up 17 to meet up with 81 in the Binghamton area. We will be taking 17 to 81 in Binghamton and picking up 90 West in Syracuse.
Our group can hook up with you in Binghamton area at 10 am. (201) 245-3007. That good? You are about 2 from Larry's?

Back