NSXPO 2016 location?

Shudder....I'm not sure I'd want to inflict Summit on people unfamiliar with the risks involved with 'tracking their cars. That track is neat, but is behind-the-times (being polite) in the safety department. Pocono is a nice facility though, particularly after recent renovations, 'been there a couple dozen times.

- - - Updated - - -

Not Volunteering, but spit-balling here:

Somewhere in the Northern Georgia or Eastern TN might work well. If you stay west of the 'smokies the weather that time of year is typically cool, but dry (~40s-~70s), the winding roads are second-to-none and you are spoiled for choice between the 'Dragon and surrounding roads, or the roads around Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga or there-abouts. The down-side is that you run into the need to commute to a track. Again though, you have choices: From Chatt/Knoxville you are between 2-3.5 hours from Atlanta Motorsports Park, 2-4 hours from Barber, 2.5-4.5 hours from Road Atlanta,......oh, and ~3.5-4.5 hours from the National Corvette Museum Track (lol).

I'm a big fan of the northern GA/eastern TN area.

Ultimately though, this'll come down to people actually putting in bids and not just popping on and saying "I vote for my city/nearby area".

Back