NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

Hi

I will be driving a rental too. Last year I drove a Camaro SS and all the loud screecing sound I heard through the corners was the tires and the side mirrors touching the asphalt. I did my best to keep up with the NSX's.

This year I will be driving a Ford Mustang GT Premium. The loud screecing sounds will probably be my girfriend which will be my co pilot. The injuries I will suffer will probably be a sore arm after my punishment:-)

Rentals don't need to be dull.

Best regards.

I will be looking for a pair of right hand seats for some of the social events. Driving to Raleigh, (2500 miles one way) isn't the issue, I just can't take the time to drive it. My wife and I will be flying in, and we have followed the NSX convoys, in a rental car, in the past at NSXPO2010. (not that much fun)
We would love to have the option of riding in NSXs instead of rental cars.
Just putting it out there, I am sure it won't be a problem hitching a ride. (unless someone in the area has a spare NSX):smile:
Warren, I am sure there will be a sufficient number of NSX's with empty right seats to accommodate all of the flyer's in attendance. We'll make a point of posting availability during registration.

John Komar & Steve LaClairo

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

I will be driving a rental too. Last year I drove a Camaro SS and all the loud screecing sound I heard through the corners was the tires and the side mirrors touching the asphalt. I did my best to keep up with the NSX's.

This year I will be driving a Ford Mustang GT Premium. The loud screecing sounds will probably be my girfriend which will be my co pilot. The injuries I will suffer will probably be a sore arm after my punishment:-)

Rentals don't need to be dull.

Best regards.

Martin, looking forward to welcoming you to Raleigh! We fully expect that most of the screaming vill be from those attending have a really terrific time! See you soon

John Komar

I am looking forward to testing out how my NSX reacts coming from 5,280 feet of altitude
to about 750 feet above sea level at VIR (see my sig, the car is built for this)....
whew!

Actually, official registration for the social part of the NSXPO hasn't opened yet. The host hotel registration is open (see link below) as well as the track event. Where in NC are you located? Also take a look at the official website - it is live - NSXPO2013.com

PM me with details about you, your name your NSX and an e-mail address. I maintain a roster of NC/SC owners.

http://www.raleighcary.hgi.com.
Link doesn't work, had to call the hotel directly and hope I'm at the right one!!!!!

Operator error I think. I had no problems when I just clicked it.

Nancy will be very upset if she misses hanging out with "the shoe queen"(I don't mean the DON)

If MI is within reach, you are welcome to stay with us. Liz and I are planning on driving down on Thursday, probably making it a 2 day trip but we have yet to discuss with the others in the area who are caravanning down.
Tim

I'll ship my car to San Diego and drive cross country from there. I haven't decided the routes to and from NSXPO yet.
My wife and I enjoyed the drive to NSXPO in PA/NJ 2 years ago and i thought we'd do it again.
One of our fondest memories is of Ponyboy and his family who took us in during a thunderstorm and us with a great home to stay in and great food and friendship.
I hope to meet other NSX owners along the way and make new friends and more wonderful memories.

- - - Updated - - -

Liz and I will both have right seats available as long as there are no complaints about the NSX Wannabe (Attended 4 XPOs) and the NSX cripple (3 XPOs = 2 blown motors)

I think the wife and I are heading down, I'll know for sure later this month.

I think the wife and I are heading down, I'll know for sure later this month.

Hope you can make it Michael. The NSX that Ted Klaus is pictured with is a Zanardi that was recently purchased by Honda Performance in Ohio during the development of the new NSX.

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

Hope you can make it Michael. The NSX that Ted Klaus is pictured with is a Zanardi that was recently purchased by Honda Performance in Ohio during the development of the new NSX.

I was wondering if Acura, Ted Klaus had a current NSX to compare to for driving experience. The fact they have a 1999 Zanardi, is even better! Now they just need our opinion!!

All signed up :)

Looking forward to seeing you at NSXPO. I too have a 1999 Black/Black NSX-T #000018.

Cool. Take the ferry across and roll down with the Michigan squad

I may meet up w u guys in Ohio depending on my route. :)

Looking forward to seeing you at NSXPO. I too have a 1999 Black/Black NSX-T #000018.

Cool- definitely looking forward to it. I can't believe you guys got Ted Klaus for this. Does he know what he signed up for!? Lol.

Absolutely. The only requirement is that you are a member of the NSX Club. You can do this as part of the Social Registration. We would welcome you - and after attending this NSXPO, you'll be very anxious to acquire an NSX!

Would it be ok if I joined even though I don't own an NSX at the moment? I'm currently selling my FD to make room for one.

I have no problem donating to become a member of NSX Club. I'll work on having this done. I'm already anxious to acquire an NSX. I've been browsing the threads on here and elsewhere looking for the right one. :)

all signed up,got me my zimmer at both locals.................

I have no problem donating to become a member of NSX Club. I'll work on having this done. I'm already anxious to acquire an NSX. I've been browsing the threads on here and elsewhere looking for the right one. :)

Steve, I believe there are several Atlanta area members planning to attend. They are organizing a caravan to drive up. You might even arrange a ride with one of them up to Raleigh and get a first hand experience of the NSX on the road.

I will be driving out 1,600 miles from Colorado, do the track day, then drive back. I would like to put on a new set of Toyo R888s
for the trip back...any suggestions for a contact out there, preferably near the track, where I can order the tires and have them
installed?

thanks,
--bruce

I would like to put on a new set of Toyo R888s for the trip back...any suggestions for a contact out there, preferably near the track, where I can order the tires and have them installed? thanks,--bruce

I'll have worn out a set of OEM 15/16's on the way down so will also be looking for a tire contact.

I will be driving out 1,600 miles from Colorado, do the track day, then drive back. I would like to put on a new set of Toyo R888s for the trip back...
I strongly recommend checking the remaining tread on your rear tires on your way home. They might not last all the way home.

A couple of tire options in the immediate Cary, NC area. Tire rack has an excellent recommended installer in Cary - "Performance Chassis". Pre-purchase your tires from Tire Rack and have hem shipped there for install and excellent dynamic balancing.

Also, several excellent "Discount Tire" retail centers that I can recommend. Let me know and I'll provide contacts & phone numbers.

John Komar Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

I will be driving out 1,600 miles from Colorado, do the track day, then drive back. I would like to put on a new set of Toyo R888s
for the trip back...any suggestions for a contact out there, preferably near the track, where I can order the tires and have them
installed?

thanks,
--bruce

Tirerack carries R888's, have them directly shipped to one of the 3 local installers in Danville, VA (zip = 24540). Done.

Back