NSXPO 2011 rain for the weekend?

I was just watching the weather channel. Its looks like its going to rain everyday for the social part of the event. So one question comes to mind. Will anything be canceled if it rains? I feel sorry for the owners that never let their cars see the rain.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the owners that never let their cars see the rain.

I am always puzzled by this. The cars are aluminum and will not rust. They get washed with water, most of which comes at some point from reservoirs that are filled with rain water.

And the best news of all is that these cars are so technologically advanced they are guaranteed not to melt in the rain!

I am picking up the enclosed trailer tonight. Either way I will be attending Xpo.

worst part is i just got an email from a Photographer and he wants my car on LI for the weekend to do a shoot with a "TV Star" :frown:. Only way that will happen is if sat has no rain and I will drive from PA to NY and back.

Well the Arrest Me Red Racer hit a SNOW STORM in the mtn's of CO> in route to Lasa Vegas last year .. NO bigie this is just a wet strol in the park to Langhorne.. see ya in the AM Breakfast at 9;30 in RIDGEWOOD NJ @ Country Pancake Dinner.. and on to PA by noon Thurs. :biggrin:

I drove nearly 3000 miles to NSXPO last year, with a little rain in Nebraska and snow in Colorado, so a couple hundred miles in the rain is no biggie. It isn't raining here in Binghamton yet though, and I'll be leaving here in about seven hours. I should arrive by mid afternoon. Howard

Folks,

This is a NE event. Why would you even question the weather??:D:D:D

Remember, if you don't like the weather, just wait it will change soon!!!!!!!!

See you later........

LarryB

Weather Forecasting is just an educated guess, IMO of course. 50/50 chance of rain, and they are right either way! :rolleyes:

I dont even bother looking anymore, they are always wrong. We're still going to have a blast! Just more drinking and BS'ing at the hotel bar:biggrin:

I am always puzzled by this. The cars are aluminum and will not rust. They get washed with water, most of which comes at some point from reservoirs that are filled with rain water.

And the best news of all is that these cars are so technologically advanced they are guaranteed not to melt in the rain!

I really dont understand it with this car also. The only reason I dont drive mine in the rain is so it doesnt get all dirty. Saves a little money on washes.

Back