NSXPO 2003

The dates have not yet been announced, as we are still finalizing the contracts with the racetrack and the hotel. However, we are targetting a weekend in the middle of October.

The event will be held at and in the vicinity of Infineon Raceway, formerly called Sears Point. It's located at the north end of San Francisco Bay (technically, San Pablo Bay), north of San Francisco and Oakland:

LocalMap.jpg

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 06 January 2003).]

NSXPO 2003 is destined to be one of the best NSXPOs yet. NSXPO 99 in Monterey was simply amazing and perhaps the most exciting one I have attended possibly due to the sheer number of cars that were there. Napa Valley will be no different with the volume of NSXers in the area, the scenery and the track.

-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

I just came back from a track day at sears point...er, infineon raceway, the facility is amazing(by American track standards). You can definitely see where they spent the $15million.

------------------
George W
Porsche 996 for sale!

I just hope we get as many cali members coming to the Glen in 04 as there will be NE members treking to cali in 03!
wink.gif

I hope we get as many NE members trekking to California as we had in Texas a couple of months ago. I hear plans are in the works for another splurge dinner like we enjoyed at NSXPO 2002...
wink.gif

I think that will be tough.

How many CA owners would plan to come to a NSXPO held at BeaverRun or the Glen or Lime Rock?

So...I'm confused. The Glen was a done deal for 2004 but then it wasn't a done deal because the West Coast guys said they had already done a deal with Sears Point (i.e. dates, contracts, etc)...but now it appears that no date has yet been set?

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 07 January 2003).]

Based on what the final dates are this will probably be very close to if not in the middle of "The Crush" which is without a doubt the best time to be in Napa.

There should be no issue finding a great restaurant for a blow out dinner as there are as many good restaurants in the Napa valley as almost any other place on the planet.

Might I suggest Auberge Du Solei, unless of course someone has any connections at the French Laundry!!

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar)
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

Originally posted by Jimbo:
How many CA owners would plan to come to a NSXPO held at BeaverRun or the Glen or Lime Rock?

Quite a few - enough to form a good-sized caravan, as drove cross-country from the West to attend each of the last few NSXPOs.

So...

NSXPO 2003 will be in northern California. The date is expected to be in October and will be announced once contracts are signed with the racetrack and the hotel.

NSXPO 2004 will be in upstate New York. Again, that event is also expected for October, and the specific date will be announced when those contracts are signed.

The way it usually works is, the track management specifies a date well in advance, and the hotel blocks its availability for the date for us. However, their commitment is not ironclad (and legally binding) until the contracts are signed, which usually occurs around this time of year.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 07 January 2003).]

So...I'm confused. The Glen was a done deal for 2004 but then it wasn't a done deal because the West Coast guys said they had already done a deal with Sears Point (i.e. dates, contracts, etc)...but now it appears that no date has yet been set?

For the first time in NSXCA history, two bids were submitted last year to host an NSXPO - Watkins Glen and Sears Point. WG was originally given the nod to host it this year and as a consolation, SP was promised to host it next year. It was later stated that while SP could promise a set of EXACT dates for this year, but could not promise ANY dates for next year. (I personally find this amusing, but that is just my opinion.) So the host sites were switched - SP this year and WG next year.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
NSXPO 2003 will be in northern California. The date is expected to be in October and will be announced once contracts are signed with the racetrack and the hotel.

Will the exact date be announced soon? I need to turn in time off request at work. I'm saving a week of vacation time for this one.

The UNOFFICIAL dates for NSXPO 2003 are October 8-13 with track days being Saturday and Sunday October 11-12.

I will reiterate, this is unofficial as long as there are no contracts executed between the parties; and the contracts with those dates were forwarded to us recently and are being finalized as we speak.

Back to regular programming ....
wink.gif

On behalf of the NSXPO 2003 Planning Committee

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 07 January 2003).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I hope we get as many NE members trekking to California as we had in Texas a couple of months ago. I hear plans are in the works for another splurge dinner like we enjoyed at NSXPO 2002...
wink.gif

never fear, dinner shall be arranged

french laundry, here we come..........

If someone out there has a way to get reservations for the French Laundry then count me in. I have dinned and stayed at the Auberge Du Solei and found it be most excellent. I would love to be able to dine at the French Laundry this time. Keep me posted please.

The contract for the headquarters at Embassy Suites in San Rafael - Marin County has been executed.

The official dates are October 8-13, 2003.

Infineon (Sears Point) has also cashed the deposit for October 11-12, 2003.

wink.gif

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:
What are the costs going to be?

We don't know yet.

There are two different registration fees - the "social" fee which includes all the meals and non-track activities, and the fee to drive in the track event. In previous years, the social fee has been roughly $225-275 per person, and the track fee has been $330-380 per driver.

Do you have to be a member of NSXCA?

Yes. If you are not already a member of NSXCA, you will need to add membership dues onto your registration form.

Do you need to pre-register?

Yes.

Registration details should be available some time in August.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 23 January 2003).]

What is the difference between registering and pre-registering?????

Because I register early, is that considered "pre-registering"? How is that different from people that register before the deadline to avoid the late registration fee? What is the incentive of registering in August vs September vs two days before the deadline - assuming that space has not run out?

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:

Because I register early, is that considered "pre-registering"?

Mr. Semantics Person,

I assumed that nsxxtreme was using the term "pre-register" to mean, "register in advance of the event". In other words, I interpreted his question as, "Do I need to register for the event in advance, or can I just show up and pay at the door?" And the answer is, you must register for the event in advance. Registration deadlines will be printed on the registration materials.

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:
What is the incentive of registering in August vs September vs two days before the deadline - assuming that space has not run out?

Because that assumption may not be valid. The last time we had NSXPO in California, the track event sold out and there was a waiting list. And that was at Laguna Seca, where the event capacity was greater than it will be at Infineon Raceway this year.

nsxxtreme,

If I was not interpreting any of your questions correctly, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 23 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Hrant:

Infineon (Sears Point) has also cashed the deposit for October 11-12, 2003.

wink.gif

This kind of sucks… I wanted to show off my World Challenge NSX at expo, but testing in Atlanta is the 14th. (Qualifying is the 16th)

Pre-registering is commonly known as the practice of registering before an event.

Because I register early, is that considered "pre-registering"? How is that different from people that register before the deadline to avoid the late registration fee?

Yes. Key words, register and early. Usually there are certain time segments and the meanings may be obvious, pre-registrants, registrants, and late registrants.

What is the incentive of registering in August vs September vs two days before the deadline - assuming that space has not run out?

Usually it's a pretty good discount but this will vary on the organization and their desire to gather as many delegates as possible.

Originally posted by Hrant:

Originally posted by NSXEE:
This kind of sucks… I wanted to show off my World Challenge NSX at expo, but testing in Atlanta is the 14th. (Qualifying is the 16th)

The planning committee is still working out the schedule details. It's quite possible that there will be no activities planned for Monday the 13th. Thus if you left after the track event concludes on the 12th, you could make it home for the qualifying, but maybe not (?) for the testing.

If you aren't driving in the Saturday-Sunday track event, another option would be to participate in the activities on Wednesday the 8th through Friday the 10th, including showing the car in the concours (whichever day that will take place - certainly not on a track day), and skip the track event.

Originally posted by RSO 34:

never fear, dinner shall be arranged

french laundry, here we come..........

Whay is French Laundry?
Is it spraying dirty clothes with perfume?
(I plan to attend NSXPO 2003 w/car)

[This message has been edited by pbassjo (edited 24 February 2003).]

The French Laundry is a fine French cuisine restaurant in Yountville which is a few miles north of Napa. Very good food and nice ambience.

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

Back