NSXPO 2002

I dont know about all your guys and girls but I can not wait until the NSXPO. I mean have you seen the site and all the events that are planned?? Now I am not sure but I think that space is a bit limited so I just signed up so I wont be the few losers that waited too long or to the last min.

How many of you are planning on going and where are you comming.. post a reply!!!!... Dont worry, since I will be there... there will be much fun. So choose early or lose... think about it this way.. what the hell will you have to talk about in the forum other than..."how was it" or "damn I am so pissed i missed it"

So post if you are going or thinking. check out the nsxca.org site for the info.

------------------
8k RPM in a recliner!

You are in an easy access location, so attending NSXPO 2002 should be fairly easy for you.

Personally speaking, it's not just the distance but the added time element that prevents me from even considering.

I know you will have a good time. Enjoy!

Originally posted by WA-NSX:
You are in an easy access location, so attending NSXPO 2002 should be fairly easy for you.

Not sure exactly what this means....currently we have registrants from as far away as California, Minnesota, New York, etc.

Originally posted by UrbanPilot:
"damn I am so pissed i missed it"

Every year, there are people who say this afterwards. You would think people would know by now that this is the most fun you can have with your NSX.

Personally speaking, it's not just the distance but the added time element that prevents me from even considering.

For those coming from a distance, there are ways to mitigate the time required. For example, you can have your car shipped, and fly to the event. And if you don't want to incur the cost of shipping your car, you can fly to the event, and still enjoy everything except driving your car around the racetrack. Right now air fares are incredibly low - a few days ago I bought my plane tickets from Chicago for $181 - so there's no excuse. If you think you would enjoy going... just do it!

Getting there is half the fun. Speaking on behalf of the northeasterners who will be driving down (and trucking back), this is one New Yorker who can't wait for that Texas BBQ at the track on Friday night.

To all those who are "on the fence" about coming because you may be new to NSX ownership or new to the NSXCA, I will offer a first hand opinion.

My first club event was NSXPO last year at Road America. With my work schedule, it was always difficult to squeeze in club events around the area but, despite not knowing anyone other than through emails, I packed the car and drove with a great group of owners from the NY area to Wisconsin.

I had such a great time that I now make sure that my schedule always has time to attend events, near or far. I wasn't sure what to expect last year and now I can't wait to see what is in store this year.

Yes, it may take a little time to get to Texas from where you live and certain expenses may be of concern, but I guarantee that you will meet a lot of great people, form lasting friendships and have some great stories to keep you going until NSXPO 2003 and beyond.

Bob

Hi Guys.

"Easy access location" simply means it is particularly nice for the guys already close to the event.

NSXTASY: You are correct is saying that distance is not the issue. For me, it is just the sheer amount of time and the wrong time of year . . . work commitments, kids in school, sports, etc.

I know how enjoyable a nat'l convention can be. I have a number of cars (others are of vintage nature) and belong to several national clubs. I have a 1956 T-bird that my folks bought brand new - went to the annual event in 1996 (Dearborn, MI) and it was a blast. And while an 55-57 T-bird can be nice to look at, they aren't near as fun to drive as the NSX - trust me, I know.

So believe me, I would consider this if at all possible. The NSX group must have found that the fall months work for them and that is OK. Most other car events are during the summer months.

So those out there that can go, do consider it. You will have alot of fun, and no doubt meet many new folks that you share a great common interest with.

Thanks for your nice comments.

The NSX group must have found that the fall months work for them and that is OK. Most other car events are during the summer months.

NSXPOs have been held in May, October and soon-to-be November. This is entirely a function of when a particular track is available. Having said this, I would not be surprised to see future NSXPOs at different months than what I just mentioned.

With regards to the comment about other car clubs holding their event in summer, does this include a track? Just curious, because summer is smack in the middle of race season.

Now I've delayed to the point that the Westin is sold out for NSXPO, anyone interested in sharing a room to defray the cost and so I have a place to sleep ?

The planning team will be having their weekly teleconference call tomorrow evening and I will be sure to bring this up. In fact, it is also being e-discussed right now. My personal opinion is that the hotel's left hand knows not what the right hand is doing. BTDT with my own reservations.

ATV

PS - for those wondering what kind of hotel rooms these are, they normally go for $300+ but for only $90 during NSXPO.

Andy,

Will you list caravan information on the NSXPO website?

------------------
Ron
1991 NSX (black/black)
2001 M3 (silver/red)

As suspected, the national level of the Westin was not in synch with the local level. The $90 per night contract rate is accurate; however, there is a time limit. You must make your reservations by October 14th. After that date the rooms will revert back to their general allotment pool; therefore, neither the event planning team nor the hotel can guarantee room availability at the Westin beyond one week from today. What is the message? If you are coming to NSXPO 2002, make your Westin hotel reservations *now*. This is a beautiful hotel that is approximately one year old. It is across the street from Texas Motor Speedway, has a golf course designed by Greg Norman, has the safest (secluded) parking lot of the three NSXPOs that I have so far attended and there will be dedicated car wash facilities (just don't use the room towels unless you are prepared to pay for them - some things we couldn't get into the contract.
tongue.gif
)

On a closing note, now that Acura has mailed out the invitation brochure and registration form, my mailbox and fax machine are seeing an increased level of activity. A good thing.
cool.gif

Just got off of the phone again. Same answer. No rooms and past the registration deadline. So far, on a scale of 1-10 I give the Westin a 2......I have to give them credit for at least answering the phone......

Unfortunately since I'm having problems with my car liking to drink LARGE amounts of oil I'm not going to be able to attend. I wanted to drive out but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Have to save the pennies to get the car healthy again.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Just got off the phone with Central Reservations as well as the Beechwood Westin. Spoke with Nadia and apparently, the Beechwood Westin is no longer a Westin hotel so Central Reservations can no longer make the reservations. She was unsure if the contract will be honored to the 14th as quoted. For the other DFW drivers, let us know if there is alternative hotels in the area as the "Beechwood Westin" is apparently full.

Tim

The hotel definitely still has rooms available at the $90/night rate.

If you're having trouble with the central reservations number, call the hotel directly, at 817-961-0800.

Just made a reservation via Central Reservations. "Joe" made the reservation for me at the $90 rate. The group is listed as NSXPO, Not the Acura NSX group.

Tim

Back