NSXCB (UK NSX Club) new forums

Some of you already know the NSXCB website. Just to let you know that I have set up a new forum system on the site (which is the same one as used here). The new forum is nicer and has more features than the old site.

An upcoming event is a rolling road day on the 30th September. Read all about our results later.

www.nsxcb.co.uk

I have already published the idea of the 2007 meeting.

Hi Kevin,

Visited the site, it looks very good. Nice lay-out.
I am still working on a NSX-site myself but webbased stuff is very new to me. Do you host the UK site yourself or somewhere else?? Which software are you using??

It's hosted on a server by a web hosting company. The server is Linux based.

The website itself uses a content management system called Subdreamer. The forums are vBulletin.

Subdreamer links into vBulletin, and so the whole site uses the same usernames, and can link into forums and stuff. In fact the site can do a whole lot more than what it is doing at the moment.

I use subdreamer, as it means I don't have to write loads of html to get anything to work. I used to use Frontpage etc, but its a lot of work. Now I have a control panel, and I can enter new items, much like making a post to a forum. The layout and design is only done once. I can change the layout very quickly by changing the skin that controls the site.

Thanks very much for your information :smile:

My site will be first about the NSX, and maybe add a forum later. Am not sure if I want to host it myself, but for testing at least I will. For the moment I'm working with Frontpage to get a feeling for things since I am still trying to learn. Your input is very welcome since I will have to figure out what I will or should use best in the future.
Hope to have it up and running in about two weeks.

Back