NSXCA Members' NSXs Needed for Photoshoot

The NSXCA has been contacted by Edmunds who is looking for "some solid NSXs" in Southern California for a photo shoot and perhaps some performance testing. They are looking to do an editorial on the NSX and its 20th Anniversary and will be trying to do a similar story to this one:

http://www.insideline.com/features/1998-acura-integra-type-r-vs-2010-honda-civic-si.html

I am awaiting further details from Edmunds as to the number of NSXs needed, location, timing, etc. but wanted to post now to see who might be interested in participating.

This "offer" is open only to NSXCA members in good standing.

Please send me a PM here or an email to RSO34 at NSXCA dot org if you are interested and I will continue to follow up with Edmunds as to their thoughts/intentions.

Put me down...PM sent :smile:

The editor is on his way back from the Geneva Auto Show and I should find out their "needs" by next week with any luck. I asked about desired year/s (I am assuming they will want a range of years but especially a '91) as well as stock/modded/combo.

I will keep every one posted.

PM Sent.

Bob I assume this isn't that April Fool's Day scam from a few years back? Lud took a bunch of people down that year.:biggrin::biggrin: Very Funny. Glad your kind of back :wink:

Bob I assume this isn't that April Fool's Day scam from a few years back?

I could never top the "master" of April Fool's scams and would not even insult the community's memory of that infamous prank by trying to replicate it.

But for those who doubt, here is the latest email I received:

Thanks for getting back to me Bob.

My boss on this project, Scott Oldham, is winging his way back from the Geneva Auto Show as I write this.

Once he's back and re-installed upon his throne, we'll figure out what outlandish request to make of you. So I'll talk with you either tomorrow or early next week.

Your consideration and help with this is beyond the call.

Sincerely,

Pearley

If jon martin has his car running then I nominate his car the 3.8 stroker....or anil serialnsxer 3.8L
Another nomination would be Billy Johnsons turbocharged street car.
Oh and jeffs supercharged beast.

fastraxturbo- slap on a snail!

Last edited:
Mr moderator,

we have a pretty dedicated crew of 6-8 NSXs ranging from 1991 thru 2002 if you are doing a mass photoshoot. We even have a showroom new red 1991 on stock wheels and 21k miles. I think were all nsxca members

Mr moderator,

we have a pretty dedicated crew of 6-8 NSXs ranging from 1991 thru 2002 if you are doing a mass photoshoot. We even have a showroom new red 1991 on stock wheels and 21k miles. I think were all nsxca members

Yea gail. Its time for a mass car wash to get all the cars showroom clean. And ur right, we have every year of major change 91-92, 93-94, 95-96, 97-01, and 02+

Last edited:
If jon martin has his car running then I nominate his car the 3.8 stroker....or anil serialnsxer 3.8L
Another nomination would be Billy Johnsons turbocharged street car.
Oh and jeffs supercharged beast.

fastraxturbo- slap on a snail!
Ken's FX500 Silver Car is down and mine isn't turboed yet (currently building the motor).

My car runs but has a bone stock motor, exedy carbon clutch, I/H/E, suspension, wheels and tires. If they are interested in a car with those modifications, let me know.

Fastraxturbo - OLD SCHOOL!

Eddie, I texted you back...

This is the latest email I just received:

What we're looking for is a clean, ideally low mileage, stock early NSX. You know, in a perfect world we'd find a new 1990 NSX in cosmolene and break it out for our editorial.

We're going to do a story on the 20th anniversary of the NSX and in that process talk about how the NSX made the mid-engine car somewhat practical. We'll probably have an Audi R8 on hand as the NSX's spirtual successor -- the mid-engine car that comes closest to being today what the NSX was then.

I am trying to "convince" them to also include a group photo of other owners and will let everyone know. In the meantime, anyone fit the description above?

My buddy Kenneth with the pure stock like new 91 NSX will be contacting you.

My buddy Kenneth with the pure stock like new 91 NSX will be contacting you.

Hopefully it is pure stock. Edmunds just "rejected" another pristine '91 as not being "stock enough":

My boss on this project wants a stock -- stock wheels, stock exhaust, stock everything -- NSX for the story. I'm more open-minded, but he feels the '91, beautiful car that it is, isn't quite stock enough for his rarefied sensibility. I'm hoping there's someone out here on the West Coast who has an NSX all sealed up in a giant Ziploc bag that hasn't been opened since 1990, but will bring it out for us.

Please ask your buddy to get back to me asap.

Thanks.

Ken's FX500 Silver Car is down and mine isn't turboed yet (currently building the motor).

My car runs but has a bone stock motor, exedy carbon clutch, I/H/E, suspension, wheels and tires. If they are interested in a car with those modifications, let me know.

Fastraxturbo - OLD SCHOOL!

Eddie, I texted you back...

I am in Taiwan so my cell doesnt have data or text messages sorry...plus I turned it off since I am using a taiwan cellphone here.

Fastrax is my bud and my school hehe.

but as far as a pure bone stock car then maybe steve riters car? just have him put the stockers on.

oh mike-san has a stock nsx but I am not sure about low mileage?

Very hard to find a car like that....good luck.

The best I can do is put on my OEM chrome wheels and the factory steering wheel...I have no desire to put my stock rear valance and exhaust back on.

CIMG3725.JPG

The best I can do is put on my OEM chrome wheels and the factory steering wheel...I have no desire to put my stock rear valance and exhaust back on.

Thanks but based upon the one they just turned down they wouldn't be interested.

I am still trying to convince them that based upon the legwork I am doing thay they should also include a group photo of a cross-section of years, mods, etc. The author wanted to do that but his hands are being tied by his boss but I am not giving up the fight yet.......

Thanks but based upon the one they just turned down they wouldn't be interested.

I am still trying to convince them that based upon the legwork I am doing thay they should also include a group photo of a cross-section of years, mods, etc. The author wanted to do that but his hands are being tied by his boss but I am not giving up the fight yet.......

Okay, I thought I might offer that up. Hopefully you can find a stock one that is really clean. I suppose they would also prefer red since that seemed to be the banner color.

yup Eddy you got the right kenneth. He's a cool cat but been real busy at Honda and his new lady friend.

yup Eddy you got the right kenneth. He's a cool cat but been real busy at Honda and his new lady friend.

Yeah kenneth has always been cool and new lady friend? :cool:

Tell him I said wassup and damn I sold him my type-cs, konis, and neuspeed springs like in 05 and he still hasnt mounted them yet? :eek:

I spoke to a friend of mine who has a '91 red/black, 5-sp, low mileage (7k?), completely stock NSX. It's showroom condition... stunningly gorgeous.

I asked him if he was a member of NSXCA. Unfortunately, he is not and has no intention of becoming one. :frown:

Back