NSXCA-2008 MONTEREY ALMS HOTEL October 17-19,2008

so mike, what dose the paint look like...bill

Bill,

My NSX is schedule to be done next week. I will send a pm to let you know when I have picked it up.

Mike

Lists of those statying at the Salina Best Western

OCTOBER 16th - 19th
1) Racer-ex
2) yojack1
3) Hrant
4) Ashik
5) Larry C.
6) MikeC_587
7) mickeylex
8) 1NSX2NV
9) CDNSX
10) Jill D.
11) Dhalsim
12) txtony
13) Tai
14) Allen S
15) Jeff F
16) Mike2 C
17) Allen
18) Mike -R

And the Arrangements with Robert Smith to provide customized car wash have been made for Friday October 17, most likely starting from 2:00 PM. Unless we get more signed up, then he will come earlier. Cost is $25, he provides all the items; be prepared to tip because he deserves it.

It is important that we respect the starting time and scheduled slots because each car takes about 30-35 minutes. So far we have:

1) MikeC_587
2) mickeylex
3) 1NSX2NV
4) Larry C.
5) Hrant
6) Dhalsim
7) racer-ex
8) Mike -R

Well it turns out I cant make it that weekend so I am off the lists.........:frown:

OCTOBER 16th - 19th
1) Racer-ex
2) yojack1
3) Hrant
4) Ashik
5) Larry C.
6) MikeC_587
7) mickeylex
8) 1NSX2NV
9) CDNSX
10) Jill D.
11) Dhalsim - OUT
12) txtony
13) Tai
14) Allen S
15) Jeff F
16) Mike2 C
17) Allen
18) Mike -R

And the Arrangements with Robert Smith to provide customized car wash have been made for Friday October 17, most likely starting from 2:00 PM. Unless we get more signed up, then he will come earlier. Cost is $25, he provides all the items; be prepared to tip because he deserves it.

It is important that we respect the starting time and scheduled slots because each car takes about 30-35 minutes. So far we have:

1) MikeC_587
2) mickeylex
3) 1NSX2NV
4) Larry C.
5) Hrant
6) Dhalsim - OUT
7) racer-ex
8) Mike -R

My Friday plans changed a little so I'm taking myself off of the carwash list. Still staying at the Salinas hotel though.

OCTOBER 16th - 19th
1) Racer-ex
2) yojack1
3) Hrant
4) Ashik
5) Larry C.
6) MikeC_587
7) mickeylex
8) 1NSX2NV
9) CDNSX
10) Jill D.
11) Dhalsim - OUT
12) txtony
13) Tai
14) Allen S
15) Jeff F
16) Mike2 C
17) Allen
18) Mike -R

1) MikeC_587
2) mickeylex - Removed from car wash list
3) 1NSX2NV
4) Larry C.
5) Hrant
6) Dhalsim - OUT
7) racer-ex
8) Mike -R

If we have one more drop off, I think it is best that we cancel the car wash. Robert is taking the day off for this service and driving from San Jose or thereabouts. Having only 4-5 cars will not cut it .......

-------

1) MikeC_587
2) 1NSX2NV
3) Hrant
4) racer-ex
5) Mike -R

Since I will be arriving on Thursday the 16th of October, I contacted Robert to see if he would do a car wash on Thursday as well. Robert said he would provided there was enough cars to wash. I don't want to take away from Fridays car wash, but wanted to see if there was anyone else arriving on Thursday and would like their NSX washed?

Let me know, by placing your name on the list below.

1) MikeC_587
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

I'll be there for Saturday only.

For those arriving, or staying at the BW, on Thursday 10/17, some of us are thinking of having dinner at Smally's Roundup - a Texas BBQ style diner - in Salinas.

http://www.smalleysroundup.com/

According to their website, they stop serving dinner at 8:00 PM but will give them a call tomorrow to find out more details.

On Friday, I believe a few of us are going to try the Cannery Row options after the track. Saturday is already booked at Joe Rombi's in Pacific Grove per the other post (we are at capacity with 26 but will have a waiting list just in case).

Just talked to Smalley's Roundup. They would be happy to have us as there are no other booked reservation for Thursday. Total seating capacity is 60. They do not have a parking lot. It is street parking.

If need be - i.e., if we are a party of relatively good size (say 12+ to 20) and still on the road running late, they will try to accommodate us by keeping the door open after 8:00 PM - when they stop taking new patrons during the week: Tue -Thurs.

FYI- .
A little off topic, but I just had dinner at the World Famous Sardine Factory in Monterey. After all these years, I've never been. Well, I discovered a really good deal there if you eat during "happy hour" 5-630pm. For $19.99 you get soup/salad and main entree- Prime Filet Mignon. (It still was plenty of food for me ) They also have great mini bites for a few dollars.
Here, check out the menu:
http://www.sardinefactory.com/specials/
The service and quality food is beyond excellent. Highly recommend it, if your ever in Monterey or on Cannery Row. Plenty of room for a large party during happy hour in the Conservatory / Atrium Room.

Last edited:
My last time @ Smalley's BBQ the bathroom and hallway were infested with roaches. We left and NEVER went back. The Sardine Factory is a GREAT choice and top quality establishment.

We will trust your/the locals' input in such choices.

Since the topic of the Sardine Factory was brought up, the following was shared in one of our local groups a week ago - per post 35 above.

------------------

For those who are interested in having a group dinner on Friday night too - probably smaller group, we have several options at the Cannery Row. Here are a few options:

If you are willing to splurge a bit, the Whaling Station is an option, though parking might be an issue. Steve [aka SMGNSX on Prime] knows the manager so perhaps he can put a call for us; last year Steve, Armando/his wife and I had dinner there and it was superb - they have great seafood and huge steaks: http://www.restauranteur.com/whalingstationmontereycom/

If you want to splurge even more, I understand the Sardine Factory is the place - though haven't been there: http://www.sardinefactory.com/home/

Given the economy, perhaps a more "budget option" would be preferred. The Blue Moon is a regular choice though the emphasis as expected is seafood and I know quite a few will want meat .......

But if you want a Friday night gathering too, we have to decide quickly to reserve a place.

Hrant- With all the restaurant tours, sounds like I'm gonna be gaining 20+lbs during ALMS. I may have to jog the parade lap instead (if I want to fit into a size Medium sweatshirt).

Hello everyone.. I am planning to attend the ALMS event at Laguna on Friday and Saturday and would be interested in meeting up with people for dinner Thr, Fri or Sat nights - just let me know when and where . I'll have a rental car so I can drive a couple people if you don't want to worry about NSX parking at the restaurants.

Also, is everyone staying at this Best Western? The price appears to have jumped up to $160 on Friday (I guess that's what I get for not making plans further ahead) which seems a bit high relative to the reviews on tripadvisor. Any other recommendations in the area? I think I only need a room near the track Thursday and Friday nights... I will probably stay near SFO airport on Saturday night since I am flying home Sunday morning.

Looking forward to the race and seeing everyone!

Last edited:
Lud, Best Western in Salinas was the best deal that Yolanda found. If you want to share a room, I am sure we will have someone that may have a room/sofa or cot bed ...... if you like I can post it to our local Sacto list.

As for dinner plans, absolutely, we hope you can join us for all. The Saturday night dinner seems to be at capacity as of now (pending PayPal confirmations). However, the downstairs at Joe Rombi's is still open to the public and a group of you can still dine downstairs and join us at will.

Due to a cancellation by one in our group we have an extra room at the Residence Inn/Morgan Hill for Thur/Fri/Sat nights. It's 52 miles to the track but the rate is only $60 a night :eek: That includes breakfast :biggrin: PM me if your interested before I cancel next Monday night. Speed Safely!!

Due to a cancellation by one in our group we have an extra room at the Residence Inn/Morgan Hill for Thur/Fri/Sat nights. It's 52 miles to the track but the rate is only $60 a night :eek: That includes breakfast :biggrin: PM me if your interested before I cancel next Monday night. Speed Safely!!

That's great deal. It's about 35-40min drive from Morgan Hill to Laguna Seca.

Hi Everyone. I am driving down from seattle leaving at 3am. Should be there thursday afternoon. I am staying in Monterey on cannery row. I would like to meet up with the group thursday for dinner. ALso, can I get in on the car wash list for friday. I am looking forward to meeting everyone, I went to nsxpo 08 and had a great time. I am assuming alms will be just as much fun.:biggrin:

Thanks Prime, the room is being used. Gil

It appears that there is no interest so far for those NSX owners arriving on Thursday for the ALMS to have their NSX detailed.

I will leave officially close this offer this Friday 10-10-08.

Please note, we need at least 10 cars to make it worth Roberts time.

Thanks,

Mike

Since I will be arriving on Thursday the 16th of October, I contacted Robert to see if he would do a car wash on Thursday as well. Robert said he would provided there was enough cars to wash. I don't want to take away from Fridays car wash, but wanted to see if there was anyone else arriving on Thursday and would like their NSX washed?

1) MikeC_587
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Due to lack of interest, the detail session I had arranged for Thursday the 16th at the Best Western in Salinas is officially cancelled.

Mike

It appears that there is no interest so far for those NSX owners arriving on Thursday for the ALMS to have their NSX detailed.

I will leave officially close this offer this Friday 10-10-08.

Please note, we need at least 10 cars to make it worth Roberts time.

Thanks,

Mike

1) MikeC_587
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Hrant,

Will Robert still come out to detail 5 cars? If he will, would he consider a later start? Like 4:00pm?

Mike

If we have one more drop off, I think it is best that we cancel the car wash. Robert is taking the day off for this service and driving from San Jose or thereabouts. Having only 4-5 cars will not cut it .......

-------

1) MikeC_587
2) 1NSX2NV
3) Hrant
4) racer-ex
5) Mike -R

Hrant,

Will Robert still come out to detail 5 cars? If he will, would he consider a later start? Like 4:00pm?

Mike

I am actually going to suggest to Robert the option of canceling the car wash given the little interest. This is surprising given the demand for it last year and how reasonable his charge is.

I am actually going to suggest to Robert the option of canceling the car wash given the little interest. This is surprising given the demand for it last year and how reasonable his charge is.

Hrant,

Is there a status on this?

Let me know.

Mike

Back