NSX: World's best sports car

I love my car............Steve

I love mine too.
And, I just cant believe how many people out there only look at HP figures, and track times when they are buying cars. Theres much more to a car than that !

Thats whats wrong with most of the whole (under 21) segment like those trolls on the board. They just look at HP figures, and track times to evaluate a car and they'll never understand the meaning of an Nsx.

EIFFEL said:
I LOVE MINE TOO! Even my wife loves my cars! I love her!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Amen....my wife loves this car and was happy when I picked it over Viper, Z06 and P car all of which were within budget.....Steve

Modernceo said:
Thats whats wrong with most of the whole (under 21) segment like those trolls on the board. They just look at HP figures, and track times to evaluate a car and they'll never understand the meaning of an Nsx.
Then again, if they DID look at track times, not just quarter mile times, they'd understand better what the NSX is all about. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but some people "live their lives a 1/4 mile at a time".

ahahaha. Losers.
:biggrin:

A C5 Z06 and Gen 2 Viper are just two of the many sports cars I've owned before the NSX. Nothing I've had before even comes close to the NSX in handling, quality and pure driving enjoyment. There's a reason why Bill Gates, Michael Dell and Larry Ellison all chose to have the NSX.

Modernceo said:
Thats whats wrong with most of the whole (under 21) segment like those trolls on the board.

I turned 21 last month
dunno.gif

On my way to work today:
I took the off ramp pretty fast, then guned it at the end. The intake is screeming in my ear, the sound... indescribable. As I slam it into 3rd I realize I'm going fast enough to get thrown in jail. As I ease off it, I notice I'm grinning ear to ear. What a way to start the day...

On my 1 hour lunch break:
I go to meet my new personal trainer and this guy comes out of the office complex and hes like, 'I'm not a car guy, but that thing is amazing'. He walks around it. 'Thats a HONDA!!!, man it looks like a lamborghini!'

Get back from lunch:
I got a email from this chick: "...so I was at the stop light during lunch and I saw this AWESOME car. I was saying to my friend, that hot as crap. Then It turned at it was you!"

Yep, love mine. :)

I will trade my Acura in for a Honda, and after that I will keep that Honda NSX forever.

This car gives me joy, makes me happy, makes me smile, it thrills me and makes the blood rush faster in my body :) The ultimate therapy for my soul and the ultimate get-away from everydayproblems :)

I love mine to death :D I'm kind of in love with the NSX-thing, if you know what I mean :)

I found my soulmate, I think :D

Modernceo said:
I love mine too.
And, I just cant believe how many people out there only look at HP figures, and track times when they are buying cars. Theres much more to a car than that !

Ahem... 22 here. Don't lump us all in the same group... :wink:

:biggrin:

24 here...

As soon as I grew my first pube, I knew I was man enough for an NSX!

My dad actually takes me more seroiusly now that I told him I'm getting one. Why is that?

Anyone wonder why this was such a low volume car? It has the looks, the performance, the reliability... yet they hardly sold any. I mean thats a great thing in my book because it keeps the car rare... but you ever wonder why? poor marketing? No one even KNOWS this car...

I loved it since 91. I wanted one so bad but I was just a young punk and couldn't afford my Nike's. :tongue: I am so happy to finaly own one.

TURBO2GO said:
Anyone wonder why this was such a low volume car? It has the looks, the performance, the reliability... yet they hardly sold any. I mean thats a great thing in my book because it keeps the car rare... but you ever wonder why? poor marketing? No one even KNOWS this car...

I think it was a "prestige" issue for many of the buyers of this "class" of automobile. Many who were able to afford this level of sports car elected to purchase a more recognizable nameplate like Porsche or Ferrari. And the domestic fans continued to flock to their own Vettes and Vipers. Acura was more known for near-luxury class vehicles and low priced coupes like the Integra. Perhaps they should have moved the entire line more upscale when the NSX was introduced and it may have fared better. I'm sure if it was a Lexus it would have sold better since the Lexus nameplate seems to carry a higher-class reputation.

Although the magazines reviewers and enthusiasts continued to rave about the NSX, for whatever reason Acura never really made much of an effort to advertise it after the initial few years. Pity. It was probably the bean counters at the company who decided that the advertising $$$ would have bigger returns promoting the mid range to low range offerings versus the slow selling flagship. In opposition I think it may have helped the entire line to push the NSX awareness and its influence throughout the model line-up. I think that this ad from the early 1990's was quite effective:

From NSX to Legend Television Ad

Some people just have no taste..they see 450HP and think "wow that must be a great car" I used to work with a guy that had a 78 Camaro with about 400HP, he thought it was the greatest car ever.."Bitchen Camaro" ...some people like Hamburger..... I prefer steak.....some people like to argue too:wink:

Also in regard to the awareness issue:

Most Acura dealerships only rarely had an NSX in the showroom. I think it should have been on display much more just for the showroom traffic it would have provided.

I have been to several auto shows over the years where they didn't even bother to present an NSX!!! And I'm not talking small shows in the boondocks. I'm talking Tampa/St.Petersburg, FL. Home of the Honda GP. And an area full of multi-millionaire retirees. Happily Acura was smart enough to present the NSX annually at the Chicago Auto Show (was the largest auto show in the US in terms of display area).

Sorry young guys, I think us old guys forget we were young once and then we remember and get jealous. I really don’t think it matters what age you are, we all can be chuckleheads on occasion. I know I can be, just ask my wife.

Also for the young guys that appreciate cars and can get what they dream of, that is the coolest thing. I worked my ass off to buy my first dream car a 911SC at age 26. I never thought I would end up loving the NSX as much as I do, but the car truly has IT and is worth the price of admission!!!!! …….Steve

zahntech said:
Some people just have no taste..they see 450HP and think "wow that must be a great car" I used to work with a guy that had a 78 Camaro with about 400HP, he thought it was the greatest car ever.."Bitchen Camaro" ...some people like Hamburger..... I prefer steak.....some people like to argue too:wink:

And it's sad when someone's 600 hp boosted Double quarter pounder runs late 13's:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=3514293

Hey, what happened to the other two threads? I was just starting to laugh my head off reading them...and then I got cut off...blahblah something about not enough privilige...blah, blah. So did mod got rid of them?
Where is that Xeed, I just got hold of the antipsychotic meds for his antisocial behaviour...:tongue:

Oh I found out ALOT about them.. Like his myspace page, and his personal webpage. His 600hp is full of cr@p thought. 300's was the most I ever read, and the best he was able to run was mid 13's. Oh yeah, and he likes tights, spandex and wearing drag queen red wigs.

Back