NSX with S-Tai Front Bumper and Ritmo Letchers skirt

FuryNSX said:
You would probably want to install a set of sideskirts if using the S-TAI front end. It comes down very low, and the lower leading section tapers out as it comes around to the front wheel well. A lack of an aftermarket sideskirt might look odd in that instance. If you look at the Delphi car on the SOS S-TAI page, you'll notice that they added skirts and a diffuser to the rear.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/TAITEC/2003_S-TAI_bumper/

-Randy

Randy,

Thanks for the help. I would definitely use some side skirts, I was just wondering if the West Wings or Stacy's side skirts would look okay with that front bumper, or if I'd be better with something else.

Do you have any pics of your cars rear? Also, do you know if the S-Tai front bumper is lower than the West Wings front lip or is it about the same? How sturdy/durable and/or what has your experience been with the S-Tai front bumper?

jkeen01 said:
Randy,

Thanks for the help. I would definitely use some side skirts, I was just wondering if the West Wings or Stacy's side skirts would look okay with that front bumper, or if I'd be better with something else.

Do you have any pics of your cars rear? Also, do you know if the S-Tai front bumper is lower than the West Wings front lip or is it about the same? How sturdy/durable and/or what has your experience been with the S-Tai front bumper?
Unfortunately, I have not seen any S-TAI installs with either of those sideskirts. While I can't be sure if they'll look "beefy" enough next to the S-TAI front, being that they have a nice, soft, subtle round design to the lower portion, they still probable will look fine, since they are a bit more pronounced than the OEM sides.

The quality of the S-TAI fiberglass seems pretty good and strong enough, especially with the supplied bracing installed. However, it is still fiberglass, and it sits lower and more forward compared to a WW lip. Navigation into, out, and through parking lots can be VERY difficult.

Here are a few pics that show the rear of my car:

Alright, Randy, last question(s) for you:

(1) What side skirts do you have installed? It looks like yours or the ones on the red car would be more ideal for that front bumper since they do seem to fit the overall profile better. How have your side skirts held up? Any quality issues?

(2) You mention parking lots can be a challenge. What about driveways? Also, how's everyday driving? Finally, how much did you lower your car?

Thanks for your helpful replies as always. Once again, I have to say that yours is one of the most amazing cars I've seen on here.

jkeen01 said:

(1) What side skirts do you have installed? It looks like yours or the ones on the red car would be more ideal for that front bumper since they do seem to fit the overall profile better. How have your side skirts held up? Any quality issues?

(2) You mention parking lots can be a challenge. What about driveways? Also, how's everyday driving? Finally, how much did you lower your car?

Thanks for your helpful replies as always. Once again, I have to say that yours is one of the most amazing cars I've seen on here.

(1)FuryNSX has got Margahills sideskirt please correct me if I'm wrong, and mines Ritmo Leachers, I reckon either one should be fine for S-Tai bumper, quality of the sideskirt is quite good compare to S-Tai with my ones

(2)I never park my car in any parking lots so no idea how hard but driveway its all depends, my driveway no problem even for everyday drive I reckon still fine too . . .

FuryNSX sorry I replyed some of your question, I hope you dont mind

NSXsan said:
(1)FuryNSX has got Margahills sideskirt please correct me if I'm wrong, and mines Ritmo Leachers, I reckon either one should be fine for S-Tai bumper, quality of the sideskirt is quite good compare to S-Tai with my ones

(2)I never park my car in any parking lots so no idea how hard but driveway its all depends, my driveway no problem even for everyday drive I reckon still fine too . . .

FuryNSX sorry I replyed some of your question, I hope you dont mind
No worries. I'm sure jkeen01 appreciates feedback from as many people as possible. :)

jkeen01 said:

1) NSXsan is close. :) They are actually Vinny MH replicas. Sideskirts have been holding up fine, but I am experiencing some paint scratching on the underside. Too low.:D

2)Depends on the slope of the drive. My driveway isn't too steep, but I am now required to nose in the car. I used to be able to back into my driveway with my WW spoiler, but it would still scrape the underside. I wasn't too concerned since it was polyurethane. Since the S-TAI is FRP, I'm not taking any chances. Everyday driving does require some avoidance of certain dips, especially those rain channels that are at intersections. Car is lowered about 1.5 inches from stock.

-Randy

badtl1000s said:
What kind of Wing is that? I love the high wings and I have been looking at the ones on SOS but your looks a little different. Custom made?

you can get this wing from SOS its Taitec GT500

NSXsan said:
thanks for the comment, i kind of like it like this becoz most of the super GT is empty at the rear, i know there is a big diffuser in the middle but for me i cant use any diffuser, if i do i cant go in to my garage after that:biggrin:

I agree with you NSXsan. I like the standard OEM rear. I have not seen any spats that I would use over the OEM ones. It makes the rear look too "slab" sided IMO.

But I do like the Taitec rear diffuser... However, it will not fit my custom twin 3" centre exit exhaust...
10915DSC05181-med.JPG

Last edited:
AU_NSX said:
Randy, these 2 pics have different rear wings... Which is the one on now or your prefered wing?
I use both of them, switching back and forth between the two depending on my mood, since it takes just a few minutes to change out. Pic 4 shows a DreamzSport wing, which I am in the process of switching out for a DF CF NSX-R wing.

FuryNSX said:
NSXsan,

On your GT500 wing, are those the normal end pieces, or did you reshape them?

-Randy

Randy,

I bought it like that, why is that different ?

laski

FuryNSX said:
I use both of them, switching back and forth between the two depending on my mood, since it takes just a few minutes to change out. Pic 4 shows a DreamzSport wing, which I am in the process of switching out for a DF CF NSX-R wing.

I understand that... I do too! :wink:

But why the swap from the DreamzSport CF NSX-R to the Downforce CF NSX-R one? Quality?

AU_NSX said:
I understand that... I do too! :wink:

But why the swap from the DreamzSport CF NSX-R to the Downforce CF NSX-R one? Quality?
I wouldn't necessarily say that. Quality and fitment on the DreamzSport wing is satisfactory to my needs. I haven't had any problems with the DreamzSport wing. In fact, I have been very happy with it for the past three years. However, I do like the slight arc of the DF wing.

-Randy

Back