NSX vs F458

+1 I am looking forward to seeing that battle. A lot of my favorite cars are in it. May even have to go out to buy it from the store if it comes to that. Hoping for Youtube to deliver:tongue:

i dont speak japanese but i think he said "nsx needs a turbo" :biggrin:

Looked to me like everything except long straights NSX was the car to beat. Easy to add straight line performance. Harder to make a car that doesn't, do the rest. And to think, the best handling/braking car is 20+ year old Honda technology.

Tom

Last edited:
Looked to me like everything except long straights NSX was the car to beat. Easy to add straight line performance. Harder to make a car that doesn't, do the rest. And to think, the best handling/braking car is 20+ year old Honda technology.

Tom

Hmmm... I think the lap times really tell a different tale. More HP would have helped the NSX-R, but it would take a *whole lot* of improvement to outclass those F cars IMO. No shame there, but it is what it is.

somebody in japan needs to supercharge the nsx-r and challenge the italians again

The Ferrari F458 is *conservatively* 560HP at 3000 lbs with an F1 trans and 9k RPM redline. So better really get to work! :D LOL

(btw... not that this is a really objective measure, but I was lucky enough to get a ride in a F360 CS and it was *significantly* quicker than my CTSC NSX and the F458 is significantly quicker than the F360 CS... Alas time has moved on)

Last edited:
I love shifting, especially on the track, but watching that video it's painful how slow the manual transmission cars are when changing gears. F458 is beautiful.

Last edited:
If the revised the NSX with a powerful 4 litre V6 with 500 hp - like the new GT3RS - they could challenge Ferrari without a TC or SC!

Very nice video :)

Seem that Tsuchiya is driving his own personal NSX-R, and NOT a Honda PR car.
In this video it is very obvious that the NSX-R is plenty capable of staying with the other cars in the corners but simply lack the HP to keep up with them on the straights. If the NSX-R would have been in the last position it would have only overtaken the 370Z and nothing else and the 458 would have led all the way.

Would have been nice to see a NSX there with some bigger tires and a CTSC. It would not win IMHO, but at least the competition would be a little more even.

If Honda had only..... :mad:

That 458 is a monster!! I just love the look of Dori Dori's pearl white NSX tho!
BTW is it just me or the ZR1 driver wasnt pushing the car??

That 458 is a monster!! I just love the look of Dori Dori's pearl white NSX tho!
BTW is it just me or the ZR1 driver wasnt pushing the car??

I think the ZR1 is a bit of a brutal beast to drive. Like the Vipers. But IMO that's fair. I like the idea that specific model experts aren't at the wheels because it speaks to the accessibility. Except for the NSX if course, where a super expert is driving, but hey, it's BM :D. Plus, the NSX is there for fun.

As for the "new Honda", I'd have to wait and see.

A GTR would have done well there, but it would mean 0 to me because IMO the car has nothing appealing to it other than speed.

What I'm saying is, unless someone just has a Japan/Honda bias, it's going to take a LOT to match that F458 IMO. Nosing 1/8" ahead of it alone ain't gonna cut it.

The look, the sound, the balance, the accessibility.... The F458 is much more the spiritual successor of the NSX than anything Honda is likely to make, plus it's a Ferrari.

Ferrari was embarrassed exactly once in modern history. By the NSX. They learned the lesson pretty well ;)

Last edited:
I'd love to see how my SOS stroked and ITB'd NSX would do in one of these lap battles.

Man, all the NSX needed was a decent update (more power, decent brakes, and electronics).

Fantastic video. If it makes you feel any better, a modified wide-body NSX with ITBs has done a 56.9 second lap there on road legal tires.

I imagine the 458 used its launch control which i don't think any other car on the grid had?

Fantastic video. If it makes you feel any better, a modified wide-body NSX with ITBs has done a 56.9 second lap there on road legal tires.

I imagine the 458 used its launch control which i don't think any other car on the grid had?
In the NSX-R Dori-dori was he launch control :biggrin::biggrin:

Ferrari was embarrassed exactly once in modern history. By the NSX. They learned the lesson pretty well ;)

Well.....Twice really....GT40 :cool:

If that's the same ZR1 they used in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZibVbzXSxY0&feature=player_embedded

It has like a Michelin PS2 on it, where most of the cars they run have something more like a sport cup....so traction may be an issue more than it should.

Also, I heard BestMotoring wasn't completely putting a fork in it....it was just not determined when they might be back.

Back