Nsx vs cadilac cts???

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys I think I have a problem,, I raced a buddy yesterday,, I have a stock 92 NSX,, he has one of those CTS stock, 400+ hp,,, i didnt know they made CTS with 400hp,, he said it the top of the line and you have to pay extra to get this special engine in the cadilac,, I dont know about that,, well anyway we raced,,, my car is stick,, his is automatic,, on the jump we were even,, car for car,,, as i shifted to second its like i had no more power,, he then smoked me,, I think maybe my second gear is going,, I remember my honda accord,, not really doing anything after shifting to second,,, do i need a new tranny? I mean is the sycromesh going bad,, this is a stock tranny to and 18+ years,, should i go to the 6 speed tranny? they say its has better pick-up? my girlfriend was in my car during this race and she said I got my balls handed to me my an american car,, I dont like this at all,,, as I always talk up hondas,,, what should i do? I know i need some bolt-ons but I mean i was beat bad,, cuz of second gear!! any ideas,, and you guys with the jokes keep it to a minimum cuz I heard it all from my girl,, and no i will not go and buy a cadilac!! LOL

Last edited:
That car was the CTS-V. You drag raced the NSX against a car with a Corvette V8. If you want to remedy the problem, I would contact Cody at LoveFab. :biggrin:

i think cts-v all came in 6 speed

Nope, auto. I know the newer ones come with a 6 speed. Now the newer one is a monster!

On topic, the NSX is almost 20 years old. It was designed to be fast around the track, not to be drag raced. It nothing to lose pride over, it's only common sense.

If a Ford Lighting with slicks pulled up to me.....well, I'm pretty sure I'd get smoked in a drag race. No need to be embarrased, it's a pick up truck, but it was built for straight line speed. Same goes for the CTSV, it maybe a 4 door Caddy, but it packs some serious muscle.

Last edited:
Let's face it....:rolleyes:

On topic, the NSX is almost 20 years old. It was designed to be fast around the track, not to be drag raced. It nothing to lose pride over, it's only common sense.

If a Ford Lighting with slicks pulled up to me.....well, I'm pretty sure I'd get smoked in a drag race. No need to be embarrased, it's a pick up truck, but it was built for straight line speed. Same goes for the CTSV, it maybe a 4 door Caddy, but it packs some serious muscle.

+ 1 :smile:

No time for jokes - but how bout a little cynicicism? Man last time I checked running against anything with 400 hp and tons of torque are gonna take you to the same place - second in a drag race. Why are you dragging a CTS-V - Are you nuts or just like a little dose of humility every now and again.

By the way - it's not your car - heck the new ones are even more severe and tuned on the Nurburgring just like the NSX. It'll out run you there too if you were wondering. That'd be the new CTS-V - awesome car! You could keep up with him though - it would depend on driver skill then. So get out the nintendo and start brushing up.....:rolleyes:

2009+ CTS-V, 556 bhp, 175 mph automatic, 191 mph 6 speed manual, 12.4 sec 1/4 mile.

2009+ CTS-V, 556 bhp, 175 mph automatic, 191 mph 6 speed manual, 12.4 sec 1/4 mile.
I think that car isn't a corvette engine but a 6.2L supercharged OHV "LSA" motor. Ive driven a few and they easily light-up the tires in 2nd gear (because they are so damn heavy), but it is a good car. Not quite up to par with an E63 or M5, but one of the best offerings from America for sure.

OP: Bolt on a supercharger, cheapest and easiest option. I'm all for going turbo though but it's a little more involved. Yes I hate the US gear ratio's stupid-long 2nd gear. You can always go with the JDM shorter gearset but it wont be enough for a CTSV.

I think that car isn't a corvette engine but a 6.2L supercharged OHV "LSA" motor. Ive driven a few and they easily light-up the tires in 2nd gear (because they are so damn heavy), but it is a good car. Not quite up to par with an E63 or M5, but one of the best offerings from America for sure.

OP: Bolt on a supercharger, cheapest and easiest option. I'm all for going turbo though but it's a little more involved. Yes I hate the US gear ratio's stupid-long 2nd gear. You can always go with the JDM shorter gearset but it wont be enough for a CTSV.

I've raced both the 400HP and late model CTS-V.

Here are some tidbits:

A supercharged 6.2 liter LSA V-8, based on the LS9 V-8 from the recently released Corvette ZR1, is the powerplant in the 2009 CTS-V. It produces 556 hp and 551 lb·ft of torque. There are manual and automatic transmission choices, a six speed transmission with a short-throw shifter and dual clutch surface flywheel, or a paddle shift conventional (planetary gearing and torque converter-based) automatic six speed. There will also be LED flash tracers to tell the driver when to shift. For the first time, Cadillac will offer 14-way adjustable performance Recaro seats. To improve the handling and comfort, the 2009 CTS-V uses Delphi Corporation’s MagneRide technology. The dampers, filled with magnetorheological fluid, are adjusted based on sensor readings that happen at 1ms intervals.

The 2009 CTS-V has a base price of $59,995, and is available for purchase as of November 1 2008. that's ALOT of car for the performance.

The 2nd-generation CTS-V is 3.9 seconds, while the quarter mile is run at 12.0 seconds at 118 mph. I suspect tire spin prevented it from hitting 11's.

The CTS-V sedan achieved a lap time of 7:59.32 at the famed Nürburgring Nordschleife, which is the fastest documented time for a production sedan on factory tires that is sold in the USA.

This is pretty sad when we have people resorting to racing thier NSX's against a Cadillac. Granted, it is a badass Caddy, what could you possibly gain by this race? Bragging rights??? Real impressive, you beat a Cadillac...However you lost and now come on here licking your wounds wanting us to stroke your ego and tell you it is alright???:rolleyes:

please don't drag race an NSX, makes us all look bad by association.:biggrin:
seriously, a friend of mine had the previous generation CTS-V which he tracked on road courses regularly. I had the opportunity to drive it once and was impressed for what it is, which is a big, heavy car. Brakes heat up and fade rapidly and it understeers like a pig compared to an NSX. But in a straight line, very fast.
He bought a Radical for the track and returned the CTS-V to it's rightful place, on the street....

For the NA1 2nd gear is really tall and it gets you out of v-tec range. You'd be better off rolling in 2nd gear. Or you can invest in short gears and a r&p if drag racing is your thing. Better keep it off the streets tho...and don't post about it here unless you like getting flamed.

Guys I think I have a problem,, I raced a buddy yesterday,, I have a stock 92 NSX,, he has one of those CTS stock, 400+ hp,,, i didnt know they made CTS with 400hp,, he said it the top of the line and you have to pay extra to get this special engine in the cadilac,, I dont know about that,, well anyway we raced,,, my car is stick,, his is automatic,, on the jump we were even,, car for car,,, as i shifted to second its like i had no more power,, he then smoked me,, I think maybe my second gear is going,, I remember my honda accord,, not really doing anything after shifting to second,,, do i need a new tranny? I mean is the sycromesh going bad,, this is a stock tranny to and 18+ years,, should i go to the 6 speed tranny? they say its has better pick-up? my girlfriend was in my car during this race and she said I got my balls handed to me my an american car,, I dont like this at all,,, as I always talk up hondas,,, what should i do? I know i need some bolt-ons but I mean i was beat bad,, cuz of second gear!! any ideas,, and you guys with the jokes keep it to a minimum cuz I heard it all from my girl,, and no i will not go and buy a cadilac!! LOL

no shame in losing to a CTS-V. those were originally powered by the C5 Z06 LS7 engine which is a hair faster than the the LS2 powered ones in the later years.

also if you lost 2nd gear, you would not go into second gear period. if you feel that the car feels sluggish, that is because you just gave it all shes got and you still see this other car pulling on you. if your car had all the bolt ons you should be able to keep up instead of getting your ass reemed.

Wow guys, I didnt think about licking my wounds,, I would never race my NSX, she is a project in the works,, she will be where i want her to be soon,,, but she is only stock right now,, and as to drag racing my buddy just wanted to do a little tease,, after he pulled away after i hit second i didnt keep it floored,, i ,,Stopped,, He beat me fair and square but for the amount of HP he had and that we were exactly neck and neck till i hit second,, I think my NSX did just fine,,, hurt her ego a little but she will get an extra car wash this week to make up for it,, and I didnt go out looking to race people,,, there are NO NSX's in tampa,, so I dont need to drive my NSX fast it stops people in their tracks when i drive by,, its like Im the KING ya know,,, you really cant tell that the CTS from any other CTS on the road so it just looks like another sheep that purchased a caddy,, I got my NSX for its beauty not so much the 0-60 times,, ya know,, I wash her everyday, but I am going to get her up to 350hp and thats it,, mybe do the 3.8L upgrade from SOS,,with the other mods SOS has,, will be fine for me,,, But I will not race her again so dont worry,,

You lose half your man points for losing to a Cadillac (yeah yeah I dont care if it was CTS-V) and you lose the other half of your man points for losing with your girl in the car.

You are now officially a woman.

Again I am humble to say I learned my lesson,, if i did it again then take my man-hood away,, dont take it on a stupid mistake,, LOL,, sorry everyone!!

Maybe that's the problem. Tell your GF to go lose some weight. :wink:
You would've had a lot better chance without that extra weight in the car hehe. I'm sure you can feel a huge difference when you have a passenger, I sure can. I'm putting a turbo on my car so it won't feel all slow when other people are with me :biggrin:

Maybe that's the problem. Tell your GF to go lose some weight. :wink:
You would've had a lot better chance without that extra weight in the car hehe. I'm sure you can feel a huge difference when you have a passenger, I sure can. I'm putting a turbo on my car so it won't feel all slow when other people are with me :biggrin:

+ 1

I can definitely feel the difference in speed when i'm romping on it alone vs with someone the car. esp if they are 200lbs, that more than negates all the weight reduction i have done!!

Back