Nsx vs C6 photos

Both a very nice and the color is perfect.
I would take the C6 over the NSX but they are very nice cars as well but in need of an update IMO

MY GOODNESS!! They look VERY much alike... Damn! Cut a bit off the rear window and lower it 2 inches and they will be identical... WOW..

Do u remember when the C5 came out?..everytime I saw a New C5 from the front, I thought it was a NSX everytime....back then all my friends were saying the c5 copied the NSX..now it seems to kinda have happened again, now the NSX has more nice round curves in the front and non-pop up head lights, now take a look at the new c6. :rolleyes:

Both the NSX and the C6 are fast, capable cars. But neither is very good looking -- in my very biased opinion. They both reflect the same wind tunnel mentality.

Step further back to see a real classic. ;)

c6nsx3+9111094787959.jpg

(Of course, the 'real classic' generates something like 300 pounds of rear lift at speed.)

Hey man I'm liking them both. Good buy on the Vette.
They are both amazing cars and like the few new imports,
this domestic will be an acquired taste.

I'm liking them either way. Congrats on your buy! :D

iceburgh said:
Both a very nice and the color is perfect.
I would take the C6 over the NSX but they are very nice cars as well but in need of an update IMO
Yeah, what the NSX needs are some flames painted on it. :rolleyes:

JackOlsen said:
Both the NSX and the C6 are fast, capable cars. But neither is very good looking -- in my very biased opinion. They both reflect the same wind tunnel mentality.

Step further back to see a real classic. ;)

(Of course, the 'real classic' generates something like 300 pounds of rear lift at speed.)

hummm.... I wonder what your favorite color might be ? :D

I would like to see the same pictures but with a '91 Vette added to the pictures as well. I think that would be quite telling!

I went and saw a black C6 is person yesterday...

WOW pictures don't do that car justice...Looks really really good (imo)......
I really don't think its a viper wannabe body..

Wow, great pictures! I love all your cars! We shouldn't be comparing them, because each sports car have their own unique characteristics. My dream garage consists of all exotic sports car ever made from around the world. My favorite one now is the Pagani Zonda....

One of the girls at my work got a new Precision Red C6 last week. couple of times we have parked them next to each other... I still like the lines of the NSX better though. Both are nice, although I haven't sat in her C6 yet, the interior looks better, but it seems like a bigger car on the inside and the visability isn't quite as good as in mine. One of her fenders was already cracked right around the front vent behind the wheel... she had to have a new fender put on. It seemed like the body of the C6 is very light, and to put it frankly.. kinda flimsy (thoughts were going back to the top gear video when they were pushing on the bumper). But considering the C6 probably weighs the same or less than our car and is bigger, I guess they had to cut weight somewhere. In general though, I'm not sure the overall styling of the C6 is -better- than the old one (I thought the old car had pretty good lines actually), it's just 'different'.

One thing I've noticed about my NSX is that I've never gotten tired of looking at it, and after having it for 6 months and looking at them for 13 years, I thought it would have worn off by now... but it hasn't :).
My only regret is that I might have looked a little longer for a Silver or Red NSX as black is an absolute pain in the ass to keep up.

I stopped by the Chevy dealership tonight and took a good look at the C6 in person. First thing I noticed is that the pictures indeed do not portrait the car. It's nicer in person, but overall, I'm not really impressed. Probably I'm spoiled by the BMW and NSX and other nice cars I've been fortunate to own in the past few years. What did impress me however was the (at least) $5000 dealer markup they had on this car and advertised so. $57K :eek: is what they wanted, the car was an auto... :o

JackOlsen said:

It must oversteer like a b!tch w/ 300 lbs of lift, huh? If only it was negative lift...

How's the top speed on that classic?

BTW, nice first post to really stir things up. I think you'll love our little reputation system. Just give it time...

looked at the a silver C6 coupe this weekend. i'm glad that i didn't wait for C6 and bought an older well cared for NSX instead. saved 20k in the process and got a much better car.

Picking my C6 up in 4 weeks...

My son and I are going to Bowling Green Ky to pick my C6 up at the National Corvette Museum in about 4 weeks. I will let you all know what I think of it then.
I took a test drive in one a few weeks ago. It handled very well and was very fast. The interior was nice, good fit and finish, with more interior room than the NSX.

The NSX has a better view of the road from the drivers seat than the Vette.

I decided to sell my 91 with 130,000 miles on it after the repairs started to mount up. After my second $900 dollar repair in a month, the dealer told me that I was going to need a new $3000 clutch soon. That did it for me.

Attachments

• webima.jpeg
    webima.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 2,110
Last edited:
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I was at the local Chevy dealer over the weekend (I was placing my order for a new Equinox) and I saw a yellow/black C6 vette in the showroom -- same color combination as my NSX. And I have to admit, I think it looks nicer than my NSX. Perhaps it's because I'm so used to my NSX that something different appears to look better. I'm not sure. Clearly the interior is not as nice as the NSX -- more vinyl and less leather. But from the outside, the lines of the new design are really nice. And the headlights remind me of a 360. I'll see if I still hold this opinion in 19 months when my NSX lease is due to expire. By then I'm sure they will be all over the place, so it won't have that "new-model" appeal anymore. I'm sure they will be much more common and will never have the wow factor that the NSX has. But still, it's going to be hard to refuse the temptation to turn in the NSX and buy a new C6. My NSX will be $58k off lease, about $5k more than a new C6 with navagation, heated seats, and XM radio -- all things the NSX is lacking. I read the Car & Driver comparison this month (against the new 911) and they clocked the C6 0-60 in 4.1 seconds!!

Personally, I have always hated GM cars because of the lousy styling, and have never owned one. But apparently they have some new designers. I am getting a new Equinox, which is a beautiful vehicle inside and out, and the new vette is very appealing. Wouldn't it be funny if I ended up owning 2 Chevys. We'll see....

Eric5273 said:
Personally, I have always hated GM cars because of the lousy styling, and have never owned one. But apparently they have some new designers.

it's called the "Bob Lutz" factor. Designers are for the most of them the same people, it's the environment that changed, much more creativity-friendly. Lutz was also credited with designs from the PT Cruiser to the Dodge Viper (he used to be at Chrysler, BMW and others)

Eric5273 said:
Personally, I have always hated GM cars because of the lousy styling, and have never owned one. But apparently they have some new designers. I am getting a new Equinox, which is a beautiful vehicle inside and out, and the new vette is very appealing. Wouldn't it be funny if I ended up owning 2 Chevys. We'll see....
I have to admit, GM is starting to get the picture as far as styling goes, but the jury is still out on reliability. And I hope you're ready to be decimated by depreciation. :eek:

As for me, I will never buy another GM vehicle unless the company is bought out by a Japanese car manufacturer. :D

Back