Nsx vs C6 photos

I had them both clean and thought you guys might want to see a few pictures with them side by side.

The C5 Vettes tend to look a little bloated when I have photographed them with the NSX.

Attachments

• c6nsx3.jpg
    c6nsx3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 12,805
  • c6nsx1.jpg
    c6nsx1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 13,017
  • c6nsx2.jpg
    c6nsx2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 12,753
I like your collection of cars.......I don't like where they put the reverse lights on the new vette, and I can't wait for the Z06 version:)

NSXTASY hit the nail on the head.

Steve, you should submit that photo to a car magazine and let the readers vote on what car looks better. I've always been a fan of the corvette, but seeing the two side by side....I'll take my X every day of the week.

I'm not a fan of the new headlights on either car, but my personal opinion is the NSX has a much more exotic look to it. The C5 (& C6) are sweet looking cars, but compared....it's no contest.

What's wrong with calling the NSX... X ?? I just thought it fit since we call the Corvette - C6!!

newby said:
NSXTASY hit the nail on the head.

Steve, you should submit that photo to a car magazine and let the readers vote on what car looks better. I've always been a fan of the corvette, but seeing the two side by side....I'll take my X every day of the week.

Hi

Yes someone must know somebody that can get this printed and make a vote out of it.

Regards

nsxtasy said:
Almost no one does it. Most owners don't. This topic describes why not.

Yeah, I read that Thread awhile back. It's funny how the nickname "X" can bring out such opinions. I prefer NSX because most people don't know what it is anyway. Like I said before, it just seemed right at the time. I'll stop now :rolleyes:

I would be hard to post that picture on this site because most of would vote for the NSX. We need an unbiased Forum.

newby said:
I would be hard to post that picture on this site because most of would vote for the NSX. We need an unbiased Forum.

Hi

I was about to suggest to post it on the Corvette forum..but they are probably as "bad" as us. :)

I posted this link to a couple of friends of mine, but they know I have a NSX so they are a little biased too. So we can not use our friends either.

Hmm..where to find people not biased then?

BTW One friend preferred the NSX eventhoug he knew it was "ancient" :D

Regards

ceeya32 said:
See he called it an x! I like the c5 better and you can get a new one cheap!

Yeah... did you make note of his screen name? :D

martin said:
I was about to suggest to post it on the Corvette forum..but they are probably as "bad" as us. :)
The pairing of those photos is striking, not because one car is so much better looking than the other (even though many of us may feel that way), but rather, because the two cars look so very similar. As much as the Corvette owners might try to deny it (or, worse, claim that theirs is the "original" and Honda just copied it :eek: )... :D

NeSX said:
Yeah... did you make note of his screen name? :D

Dude, my screen name is my nick name to all my friends. It's part of my last name. I still am a NEWBY when it comes to the NSX....but that title is fading fast. :D

Back when I was really into the C5, I read every article about the car (and books). The simularity of the NSX and the Vette had come up in many articles. Being the NSX was here before the C5, it's obvious Chevrolet saw something in the car and brought a bit of it in their design.

I'll do some checking on some different car forums and see where I can post this picture.

Yikes! The C6 looks terrible next to the NSX. I am just not a fan of this new vette. Maybe it will grow on me. It has too many weird lines and doesn't flow well. The rear still looks awful.

Steve, What are you driving impressions of the C6? I am sure it will leave the NSX in the dust.

nsxtasy - In my opinion, the design of the NSX is anything but dated. "Classic" comes to mind.

NoggZ - The C6 interior is nicer in big part due to the fewer number of pieces used in the dash. The nav unit is easy to use and the stereo is also very nice with tons of adjustments. The seats are very comfortable and can be adjusted to really squeeze you into place. The exterior fit is very good, not perfect but very good. To be fair the last 2 C5s have also had very good exterior panel fit. The C6 seems to drive smaller than it's size. Not enough miles on it to really explore the limits, more later.

spartan2-3 - The C6 just seems to be one of those cars that does not photograph well. I was not really very excited about it until I say one in person. The lines of the car stand out better in person.

nsxtasy (again) - If you think the NSX and C6 share some styling, wait until you see a comparison photo (which I will take tomorrow) of the C6 and the Gen 3 Viper.

newby - Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the higher res version of the photo.

NetViper - I am sure that after you see a few in person the new design will grow on you. A much leaner look in person.

Steve T said:
nsxtasy (again) - If you think the NSX and C6 share some styling, wait until you see a comparison photo (which I will take tomorrow) of the C6 and the Gen 3 Viper.

NetViper - I am sure that after you see a few in person the new design will grow on you. A much leaner look in person.

The C6 looks VERY similar to the new Viper IMO. I would way they copied it a lot more than the NSX. The C5 had more NSX type lines.

Steve - I am sure it will grow on me. After all, if BANGLED BMW's can grow on me... surely this can too! :)

newby - Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the higher res version of the photo. .[/QUOTE said:
Steve, why don't you email me that photo. I'll do some digging, then post a link to the debate.

Enjoy the ride....

Awesome pics! I guess I'm a bit biased being an NSX owner, but the C6 styling just does not look very good in those pics compared to the NSX (particularly the side profile). If anything, I greatly prefer the C5 styling over the C6.

Steve, I noticed that you posted an 04' z06 vs C6 Z51 comparison on z06vette.com. You should post this NSX one there as well -- I'd be curious to see comments from the "other" side.

BTW, that's one hell of a collection you have... :eek:

Top off storage?

Hi Steve,
Nice collection. I have seen the C-6 at the NY auto show, on the road and in magazines. I like it, great buy for the money.

Seeing pic's in the car mags, my only question is: With the top off and in storage, It looks like it takes up all the storage space in the rear. Is that the case?

Enjoy,
RCH

My first impression of the C6 was that it resembled the NSX with the open headlights. I have now seen more pics and that is now not the case. I would have to say I like the look of the C5 better than than the C6.
I would also have to say " one hell of a garage"

Back