NSX VS 996

ALLAN

Suspended
Well, i ran into a Porsche 996 on the highway today in the Nsx. We took off at about 65mph and ran up to about 110, he managed to pull about 2 car lengths on me, but seemed to be able to keep pulling away if we kept on going. It was a dull looking 996, no spoilers, etc. Id stick with my Nsx on that one.

Well, I don't lose to regular 996 at all. On my way back from La Jolla last Friday. There were this brand new silver 996 (Do they all come with metallic silver or what?) He was burning up the road quite quickly. I didn't even see him until he was door to door with me. We made a run for it from 65mph. I put my car in second, then shift accordingly when I hit my max rpm. when we get to around 120mph, i was about one and a half car length ahead of him. that is when we decided to call it quit. It was quite fun. I also had videos of me running against a lightly modified supra own by Samson, and Andi's M3, Corvette, WS6, and suped up SS. I usually had my way with these vehicles. I was very impressed with the NSX, and by god, I will buy a new one when I am in a position to do so.

It also matters whether you are comparing a 97+ NSX to a 99-01 996 or an 02 996. I would agree that a 97+ NSX is close to a 99-01 996 but I think the 02 996 is faster than a 97+ NSX. (stock to stock) At least it feels that way. Just my .02.

With 320HP, it better beat a NSX! I wish acura would have stepped up to the plate and put at least 315HP in the 2002 NSX to compete with the porsche. IMO, that was a HUGE mistake.

Wait a minute, i just realized allan was driving his NSX and not kicking it! What is the world coming to?
smile.gif

Allan, are you still going to mod the car?

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 28 October 2002).]

I asked about 5 times in different threads (including this one) if you were still planning on modding your NSX. I know you said you wanted to, but you said your wife would rather just get something else.

Just wanted an update..

Oh, sorry. Its still up in the air. Dont know what to do. Havent really thought about it. She still says she wants a 355 spyder or a diablo roadster.

Back