NSX VS 300 ZX

Addicted,

I don't mean to be a smart aleck, but since this IS the NSX forum...it would stand to reason that most of us here did buy a NSX.

I think for most NSX owners the appeal is more than simply going fast (although that's important for many too). It's the styling, handling, balance, quality, exclusivity, design, etc.

If you're used to having a car with 800 HP, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. You can modify a NSX to be very fast, but that's of course very relative in these days of 10 second 1/4 mile Honda Civics. It doesn't sound to me that you're all that interested in the other aspects of the NSX.

If you like the styling of the ZX then find a clean one and modify it to achieve the speed you want.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

I have had a 300ZX TT that was HKS stage 8 with 550hp. the whip-lash effect of the Z is crazy. if you want pure HP, then go for the Supra. (I've had one of those as well...) the only way to get 800hp out of a 300ZX TT is to get a COMPLETELY built motor + all the mods that are on the market. It's worth what? maybe 20K once you've invested over 20-30K...

Plus I HATE the super-HICAS steering. The Z car is such a heavy car. It always felt like a cadillac in the corners.

I know that my TT NSX will never be as fast as my Z, but the NSX looks 100 times better and you won't have the worries with all the after-market electronics that you'll have to put in your 300ZX.

my 2 cents.

Allen

Originally posted by X-TNSIV:

I know that my TT NSX will never be as fast as my Z....

Allen

Correction-- It should read:
"I know that my TT NSX will never be as fast as my Z going in a STRAIGHT LINE. "

Ok so I'm picky, but you'll agree it's only fair to the NSX, yes?
wink.gif

I owned two modified 300ZX TTs in the mid-'90s.

Always drooled over the NSX while I had the modified twin turbo Zs. Also did the 3000GT VR4 / Supra thing briefly.

I now own an NSX.

BTW, good luck getting 800hp out of the Z. You will need it.

As a current owner of a 1994 "Stage VI+" 300ZXTT, I can vouch for it being loads of fun as the horsepower increases. The reliablity has been excellent, with nary a problem. If you are looking for the high HP figures you quoted, the Z could attain them. Albiet, as with a previous poster said, a (semi)built motor is in your future.

But we are comparing apples to oranges here. Both are excellent cars, there is no doubt. I am torn between getting a F348 or NSX, but am slightly leaning to the NSX right now. Exotic-looking, moderately exclusive and RELIABLITY are the main watchwords that win me over. Don't look for mega-HP in the NSX; if your focus is there, you're missing the boat with the NSX.

My .02,
Chris.

------------------
1994 300ZX TT
Stage VI+ (auto)
338 rwhp - 380 rwt

Simple answer. Spend $30k on a nice older NSX and $20k to make it produce 500+hp. Trust me, most people would be happier with that than a 300ZX with whatever the realistic HP limit is for those. (as others here, I have my doubts about an honest 800 from that engine.)

Originally posted by addicted2speed:
Thanks for the info guys. If any of you are in Montreal sometime, give me a shout.

Hey guys.I just got my NSX ,i will try to post some picture, hope you like them.and as a matter of fact i still own my 300zxtt.I will be selling it soon.if you know somebody?

regards.armando

Back