NSX value

Hi everyone,
Just wondering. Typically what would a 1993 NSX with 150k miles worth on the street? Lets assume the condition is between good and fair.

I'm trying to gauge a price but with members in this forum. I've search on other magazines, kbb, and etc, but I would like to hear Prime's opinion. Thank you.

Maintenance records can add/subtract an easy $2K to $3K in my opinion. So, my guess would be around $18K in fair condition in this market, which seems depressed compared to other times.

Last edited:
I don't have pics of the car, but I'll try to elaborate more.

Car currently has 151k.

I have receipts of a few maintenance records all at 105k:
1. Timing belt water pump
2. All the drive belts
3. Coolant, thermostat replacement
4. cam and crank seals
5. valve cover gaskets
6. spark plugs
7. spool valve filter
8. cam plugs
9. adjust valves
10. bypass hose, upper and lower radiator hose, oil cooler hose
11. motor mounts
12. Stage 1 clutch
13. Comptech headers
14. Comptech exhaust
15. Performance ECU(I have to call the mech to find out what ECU it is. He was charged $700 for it) What could it possibly be?
16. Rear oxygen sensor
17. Bilstein shocks all around not too long ago...130k miles?

Total bill was almost 12K

All work was done by a Honda Master Tech. I personally know this mechanic and he is a great guy. He was one of the the first NSX master tech.

Now, the bads:
1. Radio has a short
2. Driver seat is tored up. Will most likely need upholstery.
3. Minor accident but was fixed. No frame damage. Another car backed into the NSX in a parking lot. There was a police report on the car fax.
4. Paint is not too bad, few scratches here and there, but a good detail job should make it new again with some touch up paint.
5. There is a slight rock crack on the windshield
6. Under the steering wheel panel is broken.
7. Front bushings might be gone...it vibrates when driving about 50mph and up. Its definitely bushing, but cant tell which one yet. I haven't jack up the car yet.
8. Minor paint chip in the interior here and there.

Also the car is black with ivory interior. I know there are only 47 of these made?

OK with all the information I gave above can you guy give me a better idea of how much I should pay for this car? Thank you so much.

I suggest putting $100 into a used OEM radio, have the bushing fixed, so it will feel good in a test drive then detail - low $20's.
Or wait a year or 2 and get mid- $20's. The economy is improving but most don't trust it yet, so it may take another year or so, for big purchases to approach normal and car values to improve.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the tips so far everyone. I found out the ECU is made by comptech. It has a carb sticker on it too. Does anyone know what the comptech ecu do? I know it removes the rev limiter, but what else did it do for the nsx? I look everywhere, but I dont think they make them anymore. Are there any gains with this Ecu? Any dyno graph?

ECU "updates" are a waste of money on a normally aspirated engine.
A step down the ladder IMO from Honda engineering.
Forget the $ 12K service. The dealer bent you or the seller over.
Figure $4k service, freaking overhaul, max.
Serviced nice 150k mile NSX = 15k wholesale to 25k stupid money retail.

ECU "updates" are a waste of money on a normally aspirated engine.
A step down the ladder IMO from Honda engineering.
Forget the $ 12K service. The dealer bent you or the seller over.
Figure $4k service, freaking overhaul, max.
Serviced nice 150k mile NSX = 15k wholesale to 25k stupid money retail.

Really? I don't know, man... I check the marketplace here on Prime fairly regularly and in my experience any NSX under 20k is either a "story" car or has a salvage title. 93's are more rare than 91 or 92 and there are some service records covering major service items. Also, 150k is not that bad for NSX. I'd say 20k - 25k is a good range.

I don't know?? I'm trying to get $20,500 for my stock 1995 black/black with 148k....needs a clutch. Lots of people interested no one seems to have the cash.

It's ok, I still drive it every SUNNY day!:biggrin:

Back