NSX Type R on SpeedChannel

Set the DVR boys! 1am tonight on Dream Car Garage. I assume it's a re-run, but I didn't find anything when I searched here. Enjoy.

jonas1jp said:
Set the DVR boys! 1am tonight on Dream Car Garage. I assume it's a re-run, but I didn't find anything when I searched here. Enjoy.
That is 1am eastern

EPISODE #9 > Saoutchik Cadillac
Glass alignment on the Buick GS convertible at the Legendary Pro Shop. Peter selects a French coach built 1948 Cadillac as this week’s vintage dream car. First shown at the Paris salon in 1948, the Saoutchik Caddy harkens back to pre-war art deco Delahayes.

Meanwhile Tom tests a hot ‘R’ version of Honda’s exotic, the NSX. GS install a Quaife differential in the SRT8, Xtreme Velocity employs computer modeling to build the ultimate Cuda and GTX.

I guess thats a 10 pm showing here in the west. Can't wait.

good find, i will definitly record it tonight.

thanks.

s14_tat said:
good find, i will definitly record it tonight.

thanks.

Damn! I don't have two VCRs. Do you care to upload it on Youtube/etc? Or are you going to use something else? There is going to be another showing at midnight. I wish I had TiVo.:frown:

kilika89 said:
Damn! I don't have two VCRs. Do you care to upload it on Youtube/etc? Or are you going to use something else? There is going to be another showing at midnight. I wish I had TiVo.:frown:

i wish i can help you, but i don't have any video editing software to upload vhs videos.

I stayed up late and watched it last night with my girlfriend. Man was I disappointed. I mean they said nice things about the car, but it didn't really seem like they knew what they were talking about. The mentioned the guy that owned the car was trying to build an authentic NSX-R replica. Then he mentioned he was planning on putting a supercharger on it.

But the most disappointing thing in my eyes was that the whole segment was probably just 2 or 3 minutes long.:frown:

I saw this episode awhile ago and I too was disspointed.

I wished it were longer as well, but I was dissappointed in that this NSX was being used as a showcase. To me, it seems like there are easily dozens of NSX which would have been better.

It didnt sound that great. The wheels didnt look likey fit that great. The commentary about the supercharger and then the statements that they take over 2 years to get ahold of. It was all just a little bit, well, fake for me.

Then the good stuff started to come out, here on PRIME.

The owner (on PRIME) live in NJ. There have been allegations that credit card fraud was used in his pursuits to build this car. Adding to the mess, some PRIME members have come forward and said that he ripped them off.

Some of the details HERE.

So in the end I was more dissapointed that this owner was chosen to highlight the car than I am that this NSX was used as the best example.

Draw your own conclusions.

BioBanker said:
I saw this episode awhile ago and I too was disspointed.

I wished it were longer as well, but I was dissappointed in that this NSX was being used as a showcase. To me, it seems like there are easily dozens of NSX which would have been better.

It didnt sound that great. The wheels didnt look likey fit that great. The commentary about the supercharger and then the statements that they take over 2 years to get ahold of. It was all just a little bit, well, fake for me.

Then the good stuff started to come out, here on PRIME.

The owner (on PRIME) live in NJ. There have been allegations that credit card fraud was used in his pursuits to build this car. Adding to the mess, some PRIME members have come forward and said that he ripped them off.

Some of the details HERE.

So in the end I was more dissapointed that this owner was chosen to highlight the car than I am that this NSX was used as the best example.

Draw your own conclusions.

and he lives in my HOMETOWN, giving East Brunswick a Bad Rap:frown:

PhiAlpha44 said:
I stayed up late and watched it last night with my girlfriend. Man was I disappointed. I mean they said nice things about the car, but it didn't really seem like they knew what they were talking about. The mentioned the guy that owned the car was trying to build an authentic NSX-R replica. Then he mentioned he was planning on putting a supercharger on it.

But the most disappointing thing in my eyes was that the whole segment was probably just 2 or 3 minutes long.:frown:

It was clear the guy had no idea what he was talking about, and it looked to me like he would have been happier in a nice big touring car. Maybe the segment was supposed to be on an SVX but they didn't noice? :biggrin:

For some reason, it is very common in most forms of auto enthusiast media (tv, mags, etc...) for their to be a very low bar as far as the quality of content, a result I believe that can be attributed to their reader base and employees.

I had the opportunity to deal with a few writers from some of the more respected import mags, and most of them don't fair any better IMO- just reprinting whatever you tell them, and usually missing the entire point of journalism.

Back