NSX trends

Re: Re: Re: NSX

Loan? What is that :)

Both the mkiv turbo and the mr2 turbo's sell for over book. How often can you own a car for four years, put 40K miles on it and sell it for 5K more than you bought it for? And the supra's went for 40-50K depending on year.

Psycnosis said:
Again the supra is a 10 year old car, hard to get a loan on. Also the book vs what people are asking is crazy. People are still asking 30k for a 10 year old car that was 40k new. :rolleyes:

Calling the NSX a car is like calling sex reproduction. IMHO

I do not think you can afford to rice out an NSX.

You get the car and then every part is at least 2k or so. Its just too expensive to rice out.

I have seen some ghetto NSXes. In shabby shape.

As far as seeing many NSXes being riced out... that is a taller order... Hard enough to find a few NSXes anywhere since production numbers are so low.

I will shut up now as all this has been said.

Nsx rice and ghetto

td2k_nsx said:
Calling the NSX a car is like calling sex reproduction. IMHO

I do not think you can afford to rice out an NSX.

You get the car and then every part is at least 2k or so. Its just too expensive to rice out.

I have seen some ghetto NSXes. In shabby shape.

As far as seeing many NSXes being riced out... that is a taller order... Hard enough to find a few NSXes anywhere since production numbers are so low.

I will shut up now as all this has been said.

Those ghetto NSXes are exactly what I ma worried about. I do not want to look like I am "pumping kilos through the hood". If too many people (rice and ghetto)will be able to afford NXSes, then the car will loose some of its appeal. It might already be starting with at least one tuner magazine having NSX on its cover. This will only make the car more desirable and visible to the "sticker + fart pipe generation", and that what is worrisome to me.
As for the response to the "what do you care what others do to their NSXes", well like I said before I do not want my car to be a rice poster or ghetto magnet. Hope this will never occur. Ciao !

http://list1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/2084023018-category-leaf.html?alocale=0jp&acc=jp

u see some mad ones on yahoo auctions sometimes, are any of those 'rice'?

nanakomushi2000-img600x480-1073051456dscf0038.jpg

yes

Yes in my book it is. However, I have seen much worse. This remainds me of all those people who are posers. It's like walking half naked with a 1" gold chain around your neck flexing muscles picking up a toothpick. Too much "in your face" and consequently tacky.

Those ghetto NSXes are exactly what I ma worried about.

Saxon,

I think I understand your point of view. However, every car manufactured has the potential of being "ghetto", "riced-out", "in your face", etc.........so by that logic are you never going to buy a car? Not likely. If a car meets your requirements and you feel its worthwhile of your funds, I don't see why you wouldn't buy it. :confused:

I think it might even be in the first GT.

This car is real fun. Although cos I am a hardcore Honda fan, I used to own the Honda Beat in stead... NSX's little son. (660cc mid engine, rear drive)

the car is cheaper now and in the import scene it is the ultimate 'step up'. I like the big arse exhaust tips and wild colours and tv monitors. Its all in how its done.

Steadily more and more nsx's are appearing in my import magazines (ive been into the 'scene' before it was one ( in the late eighties) ford lotus cortina started me off. Those of us back then were just out of school, now (some of us) have well paying jobs and can afford to do up cars of considerable cost. he cars that are done well are the ones that stand out (in a good way!) Older guys get over it or buy something more expensive so you feel comfortable in your elitist status. ;)

http://www.x-5.jp :p

saxonsaxon said:

ANSWER 4
Precisely my point. It is only a car, yet if I am going to spend $45.000 on something, I would like to know if I am going to be admired by every high school teenager (not what I am looking for), or have a machine that will tell others that I enjoy driving fast, have a good taste and belong to a group of people that mostly have a higher than average IQ. Consequently, I worry whether NSX in the future will become a car that is driven by guys whose dream is to be in another Fast and F movie or a car that a doctor, lawyer or businessperson would own. While this may not matter to most, it matters to me.

When did being able to buy a certain car indicate that you have a higher than average IQ or good taste? Have you looked at some of the posts on various forums, by people who own an NSX? I'm not bashing, but come on...there are plenty of stupid people with zero taste that own an NSX, just as there are in the population in general. If you are so insecure that you are trying to project a certain image through your car, then you, my friend, are the "poseur".

LeftLane said:
saxonsaxon said:

When did being able to buy a certain car indicate that you have a higher than average IQ or good taste? Have you looked at some of the posts on various forums, by people who own an NSX? I'm not bashing, but come on...there are plenty of stupid people with zero taste that own an NSX, just as there are in the population in general. If you are so insecure that you are trying to project a certain image through your car, then you, my friend, are the "poseur".

From the posts that I have seen on Prime, the IQ level of most seems pretty high, that is much higer than on other sites devoted to automobiles. While not everybody who express their ideas on this particular site seem to have a PHD, on average they seem like pretty smart folks, at least to me. There is that occasional fluke, but that is to be expected.
As for trying to project a certain image. That is precisely what I am after. I am not an Indiana 500 professional driver in any sense of the definition. Furthermore, I am painfully aware that I will never test the limits of any sports car. Being both older,and wiser, there is no way for me to put my precious life in jeopardy by going 150 mph. NSX for me is for status, as it is for most people whether they are willing to admit it or not. However, the status that I am after is not of a Fast and F. kind. THEREFORE, I do not want to possess a car that will be the next Toyota Supra, Subaru whatever, or Mitsu Evo something.
If you think that people buy their cars for other reasons than image than you are mistaken. Or maybe you know something that those cats from advertising have not yet figured out . Most car commercials when they advertise a car sell you the image period.

Btw. Do you really think that your skills deserve a car like NSX? Can you or most poeple buying NSX utilize them to their fullest potential? I seriously doubt it. At least I am not trying to tell everybody on te road that I am such a professional driver that in order to really use all my driving skills I must drive an NSX no less... with every one else going 60 mph. hahaha!
:D

Btw. Do you really think that your skills deserve a car like NSX? Can you or most poeple buying NSX utilize them to their fullest potential?

1st question: Yes, I'm so vain to say so
2nd: I guess I use it 9/10 at the track (sometimes it was 11/10 but thank god there were gravel banks or a tire wall) and I'm pretty sure most people don't do such weired things...

Exactly

NSX-Racer said:
1st question: Yes, I'm so vain to say so
2nd: I guess I use it 9/10 at the track (sometimes it was 11/10 but thank god there were gravel banks or a tire wall) and I'm pretty sure most people don't do such weired things...

Maybe you are a very good driver, but can you comapre with the professionals???? Granted, you probably are a better driver since in Germany in order to receive a driver licence one must really know how to handle a car. Moreover, since the spped limit in your neck of the woods is much higher than in Yankee land, your skills should be more polished. However, I still stay behind my previous post, namely, most people buy NSX for status not becuse they drive it at 100%, but becuase of the image it projects.

Re: Re: Re: NSX

ron_nsx said:
By the way i'm 25 I got my nsx when I was 24, my car is bone stock and I still get people labeling me as a ricer because I look young. it's ridiculous
......or if you're Asian, as long as you drive a Japanese import...... :rolleyes:

FWIW, the PC word for ricers is "boy racer", commonly used by car rags.

COnfused

Zanardi 50 said:
......or if you're Asian, as long as you drive a Japanese import...... :rolleyes:

FWIW, the PC word for ricers is "boy racer", commonly used by car rags.

Somehow I do not see how a "boy racer" is more PC than just plain old "ricer". Calling anybody "boy" something is bound to get one in a heap of trouble. :D :D :D :mad:

I have noticed that the price of a used NSX in Canada seems to be higher than the price of a compariable NSX in the US even with a good or a bad exchange rate ....

Canada

Unfortunately, most things in Canada are more expensive than in the States. Come to think of it, America is very affortable when compard to First World countries.

Back