NSX....the only everyday supercar, I verified it

definitely better than the seats in a 550 barchetta

only thing that sucks is that you can't pull off the side of the road, recline the seats far back, pass out for a couple hours, and go right back at it

I love my seats and I have a bad back too. Shitty at age 24. Even at 10,000 miles in a touch over 3 months, my back has NOT complained once. Well just wish the seat a lil better vented to cool off my back, but that's it.

I bought mine in Germany...drove it back to Portugal..

it was like 2400kms, about 1500 miles, in about 16h.

impressive trip... i mean, we arrive Lisbon and get out of the car and said that another 1500 miles were welcome...besides the tiredness, we physically were like new...

i daily drive my NSX, about 25000 miles / year and long or short, confort is not an issue...even with D2 coilovers installed....

about gaz milleage... my car did recently the average of 6.3 liters / 100kms for a entire tank about 900km with 60 litters... my jaw dropped when i filled up and do the math....unbelievable, despite my ultra economic driving..

I would have to agree. I recently did Wichita Kansas to Las Vegas, then Las Vegas to Austin Texas. The car was comfortable and reliable. The only hairy part was hiting some ice (December) on the 40 which scared me to death. I ended up taking a break and waiting until about 1PM before restarting my trip. I saw at least 10 wrecked cars in a 15 mile stretch when I restarted.

I also got ridiculas mileage, I was cruising between 80 and 85 MPH most of the time and getting 27MPG.

Driving the moving truck from Las Vegas to Austin a month later seriously sucked and the seat was not nearly as comfortable as the NSX.

MvM said:
Couldn't agree more :smile:

Driving 650 miles to a track in southern France on a Friday, sometimes at (very) high speeds, being on the track all Saturday day and back again on Sunday and no problems at all.

Same thing going to Hockenheim in Germany on a Friday (around 480 miles), next day on the track and back on Sunday, driving very fast, and being back home in just 4.5 hours. Maybe lots of noise at times, but definately comfortable. Of course, the nice German Autobahns help also.

Have to admit though that milage doesn't even come close to 26 mpg, more like 13 :smile:

A friend of mine in a certain Imola Orange NSX has just travelled all the way up to the Northcape in Norway, travelling 5300 miles in just 11 days.

I recently got 7MPG on the track. I was amazed. I had to fill up half way through the track day.

A couple of months ago, I drove to Homestead Motor Speedway, spent 1 hr 45 mins of on-the-track-time in 90+ degrees, tires beading, brakes pads burning; drove home, picked up the babysitter, then my wife and went out to dinner and drinking. The following Monday I drove to work as I always do in it. I didn't skip a beat or complain.

Everyday Supercar!

I can't wait to acquire one of these bad boys..they seem like great all around cars! 2 thumbs up!!

Yes...

Let's see,

Bought in Houston drove to Boca Raton, FL ~1400 miles no problem
Back to visit family in Houston ~1400 miles
To Kansas City from Houston ~800 miles
Back to Florida ~2200 miles
Back to Texas with NSX-R Suspension ~1400 miles

All trips with my trusty (insane) Jack Russell Terrier Buster in the passenger seat...

Buster had no complaints at the end of our trips. Neither did I.

The previous owner put on 30k miles in 8 years. I put on 40k in three. It's in better condition now than it was when I got it because people that don't use their cars also tend not to maintain them.

The NSX is definetly the every day supercar. I always have a problem with that word supercar though. It's a moving target that's moved past the NSX some bit. The NSX is a true sports car. It's a "super" car, but by todays standards not a supercar. You'd have to consider the Cayman S a supercar as well, because it's dynamically equivalent and in some ways )overall grip, stock brakes) better than an NSX (I know, blasphemy).

Anyway, the NSX is a worthy car for the long haul driver. I've done long cross country trips in...

1993 Ford Probe(Houston to KC and back, Houston to San Fran and back)
1997 Chevrolet Z-71 Silverado (Houston to San Fran and back)
1999 BMW E46 323i (Houston to San Fran, don't ask why I didn't drive back, Houston to Denver, again, just don't ask)
2001 Mazda Miata almost same as NSX trips
2001 BMW Z3 2.5i almost same as NSX trips
1995 NSX-T read above....

The worst for the long haul... Ford Probe (worst seats EVER)
The best for the long haul... Chevy Silverado (but, gas WAS 1.15USD/gallon)

Back