NSX....the only everyday supercar, I verified it

Denver, Colorado; Los Angeles, CA & Bangkok Thaila
Drove 1200 miles from LA to Denver, no butt aches.....and i do have a sharp butt.

The OEM seats have proven to me that comfort can be defined in so many ways.

i had no aches from Driving in the NSX, which was a first.

The temporary comfort you get from Luxury car seats is a temporary comfort that is not good for you in the long run.

I proved that on this trip. plus it was so much fun to drive in comparison to a mercedes or bmw.

i own both, and i will say what we think is comfortable doesn't necessarily mean it is best for our body....because although the seats on my mercedes are much more comfortable in the short run they are not good for my back on a long distance trip.

Cheers.:smile:

You are right.. the nsx does make a good everyday car and is very comfortable on long trips. I am curious how many people have taken long cross country road trips in the nsx and what problems if any they encountered. I drove from NC to CO in 2005 which was about 1700 miles and had no problems. Just did a fresh oil change before leaving and another when I got back. DaXman drove from NC to AZ for NSXPO last year which was over 2200 miles and I don't believe he had any problems either in his 94 nsx.

I just drove 1150 miles a couple weeks ago in mine. I don't share your same enthusiasm for long trips. I guess with the 18.5 gal. gas tank maybe I didn't take enough breaks. 400 miles at a crack was hard on the old guy.:frown:

Cant agree more 10,000 miles in my first 5 months......Steve

daily driven. when driving consevatively i sometimes forget that im in a performance machine, until i punch the pedals for a lil' reminder :biggrin:

I took a 2,200 mile trip the week of July 4th in my NSX. Not only was it comfortable, but my gas mileage was excellent. My trunk was full and I had my golf bag in the passenger seat. I would not hesitate one minute to drive cross country in an NSX.

1500 miles, total drive time 20 hours, total elapsed time 25 hours. Not so much as a crick in my neck, although some wrinkles developed from the perma-grin. Far from your typical Hurt-Your-BAcura.

The NSX seat adjusts two way... back and forth, recline or decline... that's about it. I had a seat in my Mercedes CL600 that adjusted like 600 ways... even the bottom seat cushion extended longer or shorter... I also had 3 levels of heat, two levels of ventilation, 2 airbags and a massage feature. Each seat must have weighed 200 pounds. Was I nearly as comfortable as I am in my NSX seat? Not even close.

Sometimes simple is much better than complex.

I've made road trips of 3800 miles (Maine & back), 2500 miles (Baltimore & back), and 3100 miles (Kansas & back). I will attest that the seat is good for 14 hour days driving.

The seats in our MB are like a park bench by comparison. Hard, flat, no latteral support.

I hear the M-benz 2007 models come with a BJ in the front seat in addition to the 600 ajustments.:biggrin: For a long trip it may be a plus. Mabe worth the 90k price tag.

I have only driven 5 NSXs now but deffinatly can tell that the seat is very supportive and decent adjustability. Considering the other car I was considering was a Factory Five cobra. those seats were the worst and man is that a not-very friendly car.

I love any long drive and one of the reasons Im considering traveling to find an NSX is the exitement of Driving 15-20 hrs back or so. Problem is im picky and would hate to waste all that time traveling and not like the car or even worse feeling more obligated to not waste any time again and buying some peice of crap because Ive lost paitience or something. (really bad at the paitience thing, I want everything done yesterday)(and tommorrow is always a too long of a wait)

plus my car is my mobile office and sometimes park for hours at a time sitting in car with laptop, emailing, E-faxing... so on. I know the NSX is small inside but it seems roomy and lets face it Im not going to avoid a sports car just because of buisness.:biggrin: I already have the smallest printer / tablet pc / camera possible but if have to ill find a smaller one. :biggrin: Ill NSXercise everything!

If you dont mind me asking, what was your average mpg and speed? Going from Colorado Springs to Cali, I had mine set at 85 almost the entire time, up and down passes, everywhere. A/C on 99% of the time, I got about 26-27 mpg I think. But TX to CO, I got 28-29 mph, A/C off 90% of the time, no cruise control, same speeds.

I drove 2000 miles non-stop in 2003, from Houston to Sacramento. After sitting in the NSX seat for 30 hours straight, even with a history of lower back problems, I had no discomfort in my back whatsoever. So, put me on the list of satisfied customers. :smile:

I've have lower back pain off and on for the past 10 years. It is usually exacerbated by any drive that's longer than 2 hours. However, when I picked up my NSX in Michigan and drove it to Richmond a few months ago (~700 miles and 10 hours) I got out of the NSX and the first thing I thought was wow, I have no back pain at all- not even a hint of discomfort. Those are the best seats I have ever sat in.

I drove mine from Minnesota to Montana last fall. We drove through Yellowstone and over the mountains up to Helena for a friends wedding. On the trip back we only stopped 3 times. The comfort was amazing as was the gas mileage. Nowhere but Montana can you be passed while doing 110 by a lifted F250.

KooLaid said:
If you dont mind me asking, what was your average mpg and speed? Going from Colorado Springs to Cali, I had mine set at 85 almost the entire time, up and down passes, everywhere. A/C on 99% of the time, I got about 26-27 mpg I think. But TX to CO, I got 28-29 mph, A/C off 90% of the time, no cruise control, same speeds.

i know you directed this to the original poster but here is what my mpg was on my trip from NC to CO.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=547940&postcount=17

Here is my mileage chart from my Maine trip.

mileagechart.jpg

drove my 92 from jacksonville, fl to Cherry Hill, nj (near philly) in 2 days. average speed was around 75-80. overall i was very comfortable but im a 6 footer so some leg cramping was involved :biggrin: cant wait to get back from iraq and drive it some more :biggrin:

I drove mine from CA to CO last year. I don't have much experience travelin in cars as comfy as a Benz, but I can say that comfort (or lack thereof) was a non-issue for the trip. Although it didn't have the twisties that usually make the NSX so much fun to drive, the wife and I enjoyed driving the NSX out here. I didn't pay too much attention to gas mileage, but it seemed fine, and we had zero problems.

You can definitely trust a NSX not to break down on you on long trips!!! Plus if anything breaks down it's not that expensive to fix. On the plus is fun to drive this car on long trips.

Last edited:
Stick-e-rice said:
Drove 1200 miles from LA to Denver, no butt aches.....and i do have a sharp butt.

The OEM seats have proven to me that comfort can be defined in so many ways.

i had no aches from Driving in the NSX, which was a first.

The temporary comfort you get from Luxury car seats is a temporary comfort that is not good for you in the long run.

I proved that on this trip. plus it was so much fun to drive in comparison to a mercedes or bmw.

i own both, and i will say what we think is comfortable doesn't necessarily mean it is best for our body....because although the seats on my mercedes are much more comfortable in the short run they are not good for my back on a long distance trip.

Cheers.:smile:
This is a little off topic but Stick-e-rice.
I think that I saw you on Alameda and Colorado on thursday afternoon.Near Cherry Creek.You were going Eastbound on Alameda .Your car looks awesome..

Couldn't agree more :smile:

Driving 650 miles to a track in southern France on a Friday, sometimes at (very) high speeds, being on the track all Saturday day and back again on Sunday and no problems at all.

Same thing going to Hockenheim in Germany on a Friday (around 480 miles), next day on the track and back on Sunday, driving very fast, and being back home in just 4.5 hours. Maybe lots of noise at times, but definately comfortable. Of course, the nice German Autobahns help also.

Have to admit though that milage doesn't even come close to 26 mpg, more like 13 :smile:

A friend of mine in a certain Imola Orange NSX has just travelled all the way up to the Northcape in Norway, travelling 5300 miles in just 11 days.

hoops7k said:
This is a little off topic but Stick-e-rice.
I think that I saw you on Alameda and Colorado on thursday afternoon.Near Cherry Creek.You were going Eastbound on Alameda .Your car looks awesome..

Yes that would be me shopping for some bath accessories at Bed Bath and Beyond. Girlfriend needed one of those squeegy sponges and a new shower curtain.

Roads in Denver have improved drastically. I am happy, as I was concerned that I wouldn't get to drive the NSX as much as I wanted.

Lifting the car up to the current height has allowed me to drive the NSX anywhere (with some caution). I perfectly clear my driveway (have to angle a bit and slowly reverse the car so the lip doesn't hit) and I can go in underground parking garages.

My car looks high compared to a lot of the NSXes in LA, but I think I will stick with this height as I don't really like slowing down too much on bumps because it is a hassle for the car behind me.:smile:

I've took some pictures of the drive with some incredible view pictures, I will post when I get back to CA.

Leaving tomorrow in the S500.

I agree, the NSX seats are by far superior to other factory seats - even at the luxury class. It was one of the concerns for me as I picked it up from Denver, Co to Wisconsin. Drove pretty much straight through, 14 hours, with no kinks in the back whatsoever. Everything is pretty much where you want it to be in the NSX.

So Cal to New Orleans. No back aches, and loved every minute.

Back