• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-T LED Dome Conversion Kit

Dome-Ad.gif

I have received a few requests for these and they are now available in Limited Quantities.

This is a complete kit to convert your Targa dome to very bright LEDs. It uses a very high quality, constant current
type driver which is the optimal method to power LEDs. Installation is less than 10 minutes and can be done by most
anyone (yes, that includes you). Only two tools are required for the conversion which are a flat and a phillips
screwdrivers. Both are required to remove and reinstall the OEM assembly. This kit uses as much of the available
space inside the assembly as possible which allows the LEDs to be mounted to the sides instead of centered
in the assembly. This reduces the "focused" effect common to LEDs and lights the entire interior. That alone would make
this kit much more effective then any incandescent replacement LED on the market.

This is V2 of this kit. V1 was just for testing and one of the two made has been in my car for the last 2 years. I never had a problem with V1 but i did notice intermittent power fluctuations from the generic driver. V2 upgrades this with the best driver available and i also reduced the power so the LEDs are actually being under driven. This is for longevity but quite frankly, they don't need to be any brighter then they currently are. I removed the 2 boards from the 2 year old V1 and i am still using them in the V2 in my car. The same boards are also being used in 2 coupes for the past two years without problems.

This kit was designed for high quality and ease of installation. One of hardest things to photograph is light so i did the best i could. The amount of light produced is dramatic the first time you see it at night.

1995-2005 TARGA NSX
LED Dome conversion kit

$110.00 + shipping

The matching courtesy LEDs are also available. They use the same 7000k SMD LEDs (x2), are 20 lumens each and install like changing the bulb. These are manufactured LEDs, i didn't make them. These are only available with the dome kit at "my cost" ($7 each).

1995-1996
1. Driver door
2. Pass door
3. Footwell
4. Trunk
5. Glove box (requires removal to install)

----------------------------------------------------------

1997-2005
1. Driver door
2. Pass door
3. Trunk
4. Glove box (requires removal to install)

Footwell is a different type

Thanks for looking
Mike

Attention:
Following the installation instructions is very important as reversing the leads could permanently damage the driver
and LEDs. I am not responsible for damage caused by not following the instructions.

Front2.jpg

Back2.jpg

Above the engine cover and through the rear window
InteriorRear.jpg

InteriorFront.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Only 2 left.
I will have more but it will be 3-4 weeks.

..so.. what do we get here? A led pcb and instructions?
How 'bout we ship it to you and you put the kit together? :biggrin:

I guess kit in the title was the wrong term. The work has already been done. You basicly put the parts on the back and front of the assembly and plug them in.

There are 2 (9-LED) pcb's on the LED harness. The constant current LED driver mounts to the rear of the dome assembly and connects to the LED harness and the dome power. There is a white molded polymer backing plate that installs inside the dome and does three things. It levels the inside of the dome, provides mounting for the pcb's and creates less of a contrast between the white pcb's and the black interior of the OEM assembly.

Although i am fine with that, i think you will see i have made it very simple to install. The hardest part is removing and reinstalling the assembly. Also, the final positioning of the boards needs to be done with the dome mounted in the car.

Thanks
Mike

I'm IN also

All 5 are sold.

Thanks everyone.

I will have 5 more in 3-4 weeks. Due to the high cost of the parts, i am only doing them in groups of 5.

If you want to guarantee getting one with the next group, i will accept orders. Just let me know and i will put you on the list. Yours will be completed at the same time as the next group. Payment will not be required until yours is ready to ship.

Next 5 and any ordered will be at the same price as the first 5.

Orders need to be made before Wednesday Oct.7 to get in on this next round.

Mike

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I just recieved and installed this kit. Wow! what a differance it makes. It is well made and the fit is good. Very satisfied.
Jeff

ive got to say this is one of my favorite mods somewhere next to the ctsc haha

HUGE difference compared to stock

Mike, count me in for one when you get some more units made. The lack of interior light has been one of my few complaints about my '97 T. I assume your unit replaces the guts of the OEM light unit and reuses the existing garnish and switch, no? Just PM or or hit me here and LMK when and how much I need to pay

I'll take one , PM me with payment info

Mike, count me in for one when you get some more units made. The lack of interior light has been one of my few complaints about my '97 T. I assume your unit replaces the guts of the OEM light unit and reuses the existing garnish and switch, no? Just PM or or hit me here and LMK when and how much I need to pay

The LED boards and backing plate fit within the open/unused space inside the OEM assembly and the LED driver mounts to the rear. It uses the OEM switch and no modifications to the assembly are required.

Lack of light is one complaint you will no longer have :biggrin:.

Mike

The next 5

1. DRZZZ
2. stevieray122854
3. angus
4. vroomscreech
5. nsxotic911

Last edited:
All of the orders and the next 5 are ready to ship.

Everyone that placed an order or is on the list will be contacted today by PM or email.

Mike

Last edited:
Received today, already installed and I am blown away by Mike's ingenuity and craftsmanship. Clear, concise & easy to follow instructions make this mods mod a snap even for those like me that ride the short bus and lick the windows. Definite i-Trader love coming your way.:biggrin:

I'm in for the next batch too thx Mike! :biggrin: Let me know when the next batch is ready... Thx!

Can't wait to recieve mine! Any plans to do the door courtesy lights? I would buy those too...

Just installed mine. CD instructions are VERY easy to follow. This kit is a very high quality replacement dome light kit. I am very impressed overall:smile:

Back