NSX-Specific Driving Shoes?

What shoes do you wear when driving your NSX, and why?

I have a pair of trail-running shoes from Merrell; they are super light, breathable, not too wide- so I don't jam my foot on the gas and brake at the same time, and have thin soles so I can get a good feel for the pedals.

It's time to replace mine and I looked at some Puma shoes recently but they felt thick, clunky, and hot- more for a fashion statement than functionality.

What does everyone else wear?

i like these Vivobarefoot shoes for driving the NSX. they are kind of stealth barefoot shoes, fairly normal looking. the soles are thin and flexible and give great pedal feel. i can't drive it with regular athletic shoes,too big and clunky.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/shoe-finder

they're expensive,but have good sales a couple times a year.

i like these Vivobarefoot shoes for driving the NSX. they are kind of stealth barefoot shoes, fairly normal looking. the soles are thin and flexible and give great pedal feel. i can't drive it with regular athletic shoes,too big and clunky.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/shoe-finder

they're expensive,but have good sales a couple times a year.

I have a number of pairs of "driving shoes", but like you, I really like using the "vibram" barefoot running shoes to drive in. It's better than driving barefoot!!!

I have a number of pairs of "driving shoes", but like you, I really like using the "vibram" barefoot running shoes to drive in. It's better than driving barefoot!!!

i have some of those,too, the non-stealth ones with the individual toes, had forgotten about them, thanks for the reminder, they are also great for driving

I have an old pair of Adiracers driving shoes that I use only in the NSX. They have a little print of the Monaco circuit inside them so if I'm ever doing Ayrton Senna-wannabe hotlaps around the track but I get lost, I can pull the shoe off and reorient myself.

Besides that I just wear typical Quiksilver beach flip-flops, or as they say in Hawai'i: "slippahs, braddah."

I go socks.....otherwise whatever shoe I'm wearing..I do have some Bruno Magli loafers when I'm feeling fancy.

Just a pair of light Pumas.

I usually wear Sperry Topsiders or Margaritaville deck shoes. Though, for long trips and the track, I have a fairly inexpensive pair of Racequip high tops because I have an achilles tendon problem that needs the support.

I like the look of these Piloti Spyder / Prototipo shoes - the heel looks perfect for preserving the floor mat!

piloti_spyder_s1_back.jpg

I was waiting for someone to mention Pilotis... they're the best IMO. I love mine, can wear them all day, and the red/black matches the NSX :->

Hard to beat [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION]s recommendation when you look at Senna's footwork in loafers it makes the rest of us with race shoes look like a bunch of wanna be's I love my Puma driftcats for all round general footwear and driving in any circumstance regular or track

The race shoes do have that heel protection that's quite convenient even for regular long distance driving, and they let your feet breathe properly. Some sneakers are good too but without the heel protection i found out the sole tends to rip off after some heavy usage, especially if you heel-toe your gear changes...

Back