NSX SoCal Monthly meeting May5th

Thanks for coming. As usual, Patty's brownies are the highlight! Pizza, Chips and Salsa were all in 2nd place. Happy Cinco de Mayo to all, be safe. biggrin:

It was fun hanging out last night. :smile: I hope the new people felt comfortable and will be back.

http://youtu.be/nGeKSiCQkPw

I want to share ^this youtube dog video with you all, even though it's not NSX related. I think this is so funny. It's not long. What do you think?

was great to meet all of you! very friendly and outgoing group.

05052011_southcoastacura.jpg

here's a shot in honor of our country :biggrin:

The NSX Prime Gallery is giving me a really hard time uploading my photos. I receive many File size limit exceeded. It is also very difficult to delete photos. I decided to just use photobucket instead.
Here are photos from the event.
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Too far from los angeles, any other local gathering?

A group of us use to meet in Arcadia every once in a while. However the strip mall owner began to prohibit car clubs form meeting in the parking lot, they hired a security company and they chased us and others away. If there is interest for those of us in the north, we might want to consider meeting again, but at a new location. The strip mall, which includes a Sears, at the corner of Foothill Blvd. and Michillinda Ave. in Pasadena does not appear to have security. A BMW club has been meeting there on select Friday evenings.

If anyone is interested, and this is not meant to take away from the monthly meet in Costa Mesa, let me know. If there is enough interest, I'll start a new thread.

Best,

Mario

Costa Mesa is about 30 mi away from where I work so I drove a good deal. Since I was driving the NSX, it felt good though. However, 10 miles of traffic is not very good.
Regarding Arcadia, has anyone tried contacting the Acura Dealership in Pasadena? Maybe an official sponsor may help with an NSX meet like what the Costa Mesa Dealer does.
A group of us use to meet in Arcadia every once in a while. However the strip mall owner began to prohibit car clubs form meeting in the parking lot, they hired a security company and they chased us and others away. If there is interest for those of us in the north, we might want to consider meeting again, but at a new location. The strip mall, which includes a Sears, at the corner of Foothill Blvd. and Michillinda Ave. in Pasadena does not appear to have security. A BMW club has been meeting there on select Friday evenings.

If anyone is interested, and this is not meant to take away from the monthly meet in Costa Mesa, let me know. If there is enough interest, I'll start a new thread.

Best,

Mario

Regarding Arcadia, has anyone tried contacting the Acura Dealership in Pasadena? Maybe an official sponsor may help with an NSX meet like what the Costa Mesa Dealer does.

Good luck!! SCA has supported the group for the last 4 or 5 years and they never let us down where others have. Thanks Matt and Ferdie.

When I suggested meeting in Pasadena, it was not meant to be liue of or in competition to the SCA location. However, I do understand the logistics involved for those of us that live or work a great distance away from Costa Mesa. My suggestion was only made as an occasional gathering, and of a much less formal manner. There would not be a set interval for meeting, to do so would in my opinion could result in competing with the monthly meeting at SCA. Also, Pasadena Acura moved out of Pasadena a few years back. Setting another meet at another Acura Dealership could affect SCA support for the monthly meet, which again I would not support.

Best,

Mario

Sorry I missed Patty's famous brownies.

I didn't get to stay as planned. We had a last minute family gathering so I was only able to check out Mario's new paint job-it's superb!!!

If I'm attending next month's meeting, I'll bring something to make up for this one:biggrin:

oh, those pictures are awesome!

Last edited:
Back