NSX slant on Hummer forums...

I don't care to post any sort of reaction on the H2 boards, I just thought this comment was comical. I posted some of my pics of the H2, one pic had my NSX in it, and this was one of the comments:

"I am not familair with Japanese cars, what is that one in the middle? it looks like a Toyota, or is it one of those Zoom Zoom Mazdas? but tires are too fancy, or is that the Honda sportscar, what's it called? NXS, or NSX. If it is, it does not look as low and beautiful as I remembered it, maybe the design is dated by now, I recall I used do a double-take when I see that Honda sportscar NXS or NSX. The front actually looks like Ford Probe. So many of these Japanese cars are very nice but look like they came out of the same mold, the only 2 things which stand out are the agressive ties/wheels & side air intake, real or not."

Interesting to see how some of the other world views the NSX
biggrin.gif

No need setting him straight, just thought I would share.

LOL! To that person, there's no difference in an NSX and an RX-7 or any other sports car. Their loss. But, talking trucks or SUVs, I bet there's all the difference in the world to them.

Just adds to the mystique
wink.gif

To me, nothing is worse then an automotive masterpiece owned by a total non-enthusiast!

Sunny

jonathon, what forum did that come from? i wanna join and add my 2 cents....
biggrin.gif
j/k

He doesn't even know the difference between the NXS and NSX? Geez... obviously he hasn't read NSXprime's FAQ.
wink.gif

lol that reminds me...2 stories of guys in SUVs...

Last night, Spring Break, Fort Lauderdale Beach...I was down at the Ramada Inn where some of my friends are staying and had the car parked right off A1A (main road that runs down the beach)...some teenager in his daddy's hummer came by and started making weird hand signals at my car. Then he revved his engine at me...I thought that was funny...guess ya had to be there
wink.gif

and then yesterday, black guy with a fulll frontal gold grill and a stock Navigator pulls up and makes that "no way" sign with his hand by repeating gesturing he's cuttin off his head. I rolled down my window and asked whats up and he told me his uncle had an NSX with a 355 that could kill this. I laughed. Then at the next light, I pulled up again and asked how old his uncle was. "37"..."Oh ok. I'm 19." He told me that's not my car and i offered to pull out the title. None-the-less he didn't bother me anymore.

That was really dumb and a waste of your time...sorry
smile.gif

Ya thats funny..
I remember having this incident with this guy .. and he even asked me. " are you sure this car is yours? You didnt stole it or something?" of course he is drunk

Originally posted by Brian2by2:
lol that reminds me...2 stories of guys in SUVs...

Last night, Spring Break, Fort Lauderdale Beach...I was down at the Ramada Inn where some of my friends are staying and had the car parked right off A1A (main road that runs down the beach)...some teenager in his daddy's hummer came by and started making weird hand signals at my car. Then he revved his engine at me...I thought that was funny...guess ya had to be there
wink.gif

and then yesterday, black guy with a fulll frontal gold grill and a stock Navigator pulls up and makes that "no way" sign with his hand by repeating gesturing he's cuttin off his head. I rolled down my window and asked whats up and he told me his uncle had an NSX with a 355 that could kill this. I laughed. Then at the next light, I pulled up again and asked how old his uncle was. "37"..."Oh ok. I'm 19." He told me that's not my car and i offered to pull out the title. None-the-less he didn't bother me anymore.

That was really dumb and a waste of your time...sorry
smile.gif

I have an old copy of the Ferrari Market Guide. It is about 5 years old and was black and white. It talked about the various models and how collectible they were, the history, and what to look for in a used one, as well as pricing norms.

Anyway - in the forward they referred to a study that was done with high school senior boys (I believe) and basically asked them if they could have a H1 or a new Ferrari - which one would they choose. They said something like 70% would choose the H1! They were making a point about changing tastes and if anything it seems to have gotten worse - not better.

Anyone read this or are aware of this study? I tried to find it on Google but came up empty handed. In any event, there may be a lot of people that don't know the difference between NSX and NXS and that is OK by me.

Id play with him a bit: "Yea Honda makes the NXS, but Acura makes the NSX, you see their completely different automobiles; you know like the Firebird/Camaro or Escape/Tribute." BTW there are sooo many differences between the Catera, Malibu, Regal, and Grand Prix. What a dork. Personnaly, Id rather drive an RX300

This gus feigned ignorance is simply meant to slam the NSX. At least there's no mistaking the H2 for what it is: an egregious
waste of fossil fuel. Big, heavy and pretentious. I wish they would require a chauffer's license to drive these and tax them at the same rate as a comparable weight
commercial truck. (end of tirade and sorry if I've offended anyone)

Let's see...with gas at $2.35/gallon here and a 32 gallon capacity, the fill-up would be around $75....other than that, the H2 would be a great ride.

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Originally posted by matteni:
...high school senior boys (I believe) and basically asked them if they could have a H1 or a new Ferrari - which one would they choose. They said something like 70% would choose the H1!
I would have been suprised by that, except that last week I told my high school aged nephew that I would be bringing home an NSX, and his response was "you should buy a Hummer" (H2)
eek.gif
. After I got home with the NSX and took him for a spin his opinion quickly changed. The NSX is now the coolist car on the planet.
cool.gif

I think that GM has simply done a great job in putting together a "package" that appeals to youth, and a good job of marketing it as such.

[This message has been edited by KGP (edited 12 March 2003).]

Its that gaddamned levron james kid and his 311 or whatever hummer crap...sheesh...he's already the next MJ...only his "air jordans" are gonna cost about 55k more!!

You keep your title in the car????

No, but i just got it so the title's in the mail and i have "proof of ownership" in the glovebox cuz of my temp tags

That reminds me the first time I was pulled over in my NSX the cop walks up and says, "Is this a NSX or a NXS, I've never pulled one over before." Bastard still gave me a ticket.

Back