NSX Shipping

MCM

Experienced Member
Can anyone recommend a good (enclosed) transport Co.
to ship from NY to CA?
What's the going rate?

Thanks!

The Best is Gary Almond. He owns Almond exotic transports and hauls one car per enclosed trailer @ $1 per mile. He is currently transporting my NSX from Saint Louis to Phoenix for $1,500. Gary is very careful and even has a camera mounted in the trailer in which, he views to make sure the car does not shift, etc.

We used Intercity to ship our NSXs for NSXPO 2003 in California and back from Texas for NSXPO 2002. We filled the entire trailer and the California round trip cost was approximately $2200 per car. Expect to pay more for just one car, especially if the trailer does not get filled along the way.

I used Horseless Carriage in June 2004 from NJ to CA $1,800 and they got me my NSX in 5 days, no problems at all. Strongly recommend them.

I paid just under a dollar a mile for open transport from Chicago to Indy. Just to give you another pricing perspective.

I used TNT to ship mine from Boston to LA. Cost about $1900.

I would also recommend TNT and Mary Anno. They did a good job for me.

RELIABLE CARRIERS San Jose to Detroit's west side in under four days, first on top rack/enclosed/last off. $1600.00 Excellent service point to point.

MCM said:
Ouch, 2500mi x 1.00= $2500.00?

Expensive.....Yes, but for a reason. I called Gary 2 days ago and told him I needed a car picked up in Saint Louis ASAP. He had one of his trucks there in under 12 hours. There were some issues today with the broker and the condition of the car in which, Gary's truck & driver patiently waited 12 hours in the parking lot. The crew (two drivers as they keep the truck going 17 hours/day for fast delivery) ended up sleeping in the truck tonight waiting for the car to be ready in the morning. Also, one car per trip and direct transport. No moving cars on and off trailer or wasted time picking up other cars along the way. I guess if you're super anal like myself, it's worth the cash..

Intercity was $1700 CA to CT. Straight thru in just under 6 days & very accomidating of paperwork delays that held up me becoming legal owner.

Back