NSX-R on Nurburgring, 7:56

NA1R said:
I AM SORRY TO SAY THIS.... BUT ITS GOTTA BE AROUND 8min. mark. Sorry guys to break this to u...... :(

You are right, i am sure they just cheated to break the 8 min mark. :rolleyes:

NA1R said:
Guys.... I just saw ur posting today and I DL the video to see how this amazing lap time is achevied, by the "Gan San" Kurosawa. As much as a Honda fans. I was so happy that the NSX finally cracked the 8 min. clock.
HOWEVER... if everyone watch the video again. The timer starts just before the first corner. And the timer also stop early at the exit of the last corner. I AM SORRY TO SAY THIS.... BUT ITS GOTTA BE AROUND 8min. mark. Sorry guys to break this to u...... :(

NA1R... in a case like this, rather than thinking you've broken some super international conspiracy, just assume that you're looking at it wrong.

The 7:56 that Best Motoring did is ancient news and was reported internationally all over the place. It's been acknowledged in Europe and Best Motoring is a well respected publication.

If it was as easy as just watching the video, do you really think no one in the world would have called Best Motoring on it? Even if you have to believe in conspiracies, don't you think Best Motoring would have been a little better at covering it up??? (like some video editing maybe???) You've got to use a little common sense on stuff like this.

As for the Z06 and the exclusivity issue, I don't think that's a totally moot point. The fact that there are litterally tens of thousands of Vettes everywhere definitely contributed to my decision to sell my modded 2000 C5 coupe. If there were tens of thousands of NSX's everywhere it wouldn't be the car it is. No one can really say definitively that they would "love the NSX even if there were 1,000,000,000 of them". Of course it would still *look* the same, but when it comes to a car, a lot of the "love" can come from the mystique and that mystique generally comes from exclusivity, heritage and perceived value.

A big percentage of the NSX owners here bought used 91/92 NSX's for a massive discount. I have to say that I think it's a little disingenuous to claim that the rarity of the NSX had nothing to do with the love and desire that fueled such a purchase. I would wager that in most cases, the fact that you were getting a low mileage, $30k car, that was virtually indistinguishable from the new, $90k, example greatly fueled the interest. In addition, the greatest qualities of the NSX (its balance, refinement, etc.) fuel the fact that it is so expensive new and thus fuel it's rarity.

Of those who say that exclusivity has no value and they bought the NSX out of true love only, I can't help but wonder - would you buy a new one? I will honestly admit that when I got the 03, the rarity and exclusivity of the NSX played a big part in the decision.

I know I'm going to get reamed for this one.....Anyway, about the clock being off, that may be the case but if you look at the video again there were a few spots where he bounced off the rev limiter. Actually quite a few times, once for almost 2 seconds. I'm no expert (by far) but I would almost bet if he would have shifted, or even slightly let off the gas so he wouldn't trip it, he would have picked up a few clicks. There is also 1 long sweeping left turn where I was questioning why he was in the gear he was, he took the whole turn at redline (actually in the red), and it doesn't seem like he was at the cars limit. I was wondering why he didn't go into the turn in a higher gear so he could have accelerated more smoothly out of the turn. Instead right upon exiting he had to waste time and shift. But then again, what do I know, I'm just a back roads racer, I'd love to run on the ring though :D:D:D:D

Look what he does when he stops!

I could not believe it! When he pulled into the pits, he yanked up his e-brake. I wonder how long it took to remove the pads which quickly became glued to the rotors?

NSX Maven: As I stated in another thread the Nurburgring Nordschleife is the big exception for the handbrake use. The last part of the circuit is the Doettinger Hoehe which is a veeeery long strait where you have nearly the top speed of your car for a long time - that cools your brakes down massively.

With carbon discs you may have the problem that they are too cool for the first "S" after this strait.:eek:

Back