• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

NSX-R "like" shift knob on ebay (aluminum 6spd. from JDM Civic)

I found this guy on Ebay and have bought a couple of knobs from him. I have a factory NSX-R knob that I bought right here on Prime for a couple hundred bucks (to the dismay of my wife) and I really can't tell the difference between the two other then the yellow or red writing on the knob. I have no affiliation with the seller....just thought it was a good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-FD2-Typ...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item53e6e9992d#ht_2523wt_1392

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say that it does weigh more then the stock knob but it feels nice in your hand and it'll never wear out. It's also a bit shorter.

so is this a legit Honda OEM knob?

is this originally made for another car? like the civic type r or something right?

Yes, it is used in JDM and BDM Type Rs. S2kCR is the same knob but with yellow coloring. The NSX R knob is made of different material.

To the OP, does that eBay seller include a locking nut?

No. Pretty much what you see is what you get. I found that the Dali shift clip works well to hold the shift boot up and the knob just happened to line up fully tightened.

Last edited:
The SOS knob is aluminum. The Ebay knob is titanium. Like I said in the original post I bought a JDM titanium knob from an NSX R and I can not tell the difference between the two (the Ebay one and the NSX R one) except a lock nut came with the NSX knob and the writing is a different color. I actually prefer the red writing as it matches the Zanardi mats I have. I'm almost tempted to sell the NSX R knob. Any takers?

The SOS knob is aluminum. The Ebay knob is titanium. Like I said in the original post I bought a JDM titanium knob from an NSX R and I can not tell the difference between the two (the Ebay one and the NSX R one) except a lock nut came with the NSX knob and the writing is a different color. I actually prefer the red writing as it matches the Zanardi mats I have. I'm almost tempted to sell the NSX R knob. Any takers?

Hummm are you sure its Titanium? Did you compare the weights? I have that one listed I believe under #3 in my list except I added an extra 1 at the end of the part # I was showing it as Aluminum when I did my research but hey I could be wrong. Anyway if its Titanium then that is a great deal on one no doubt :smile:

Hummm are you sure its Titanium? Did you compare the weights? I have that one listed I believe under #3 in my list except I added an extra 1 at the end of the part # I was showing it as Aluminum when I did my research but hey I could be wrong. Anyway if its Titanium then that is a great deal on one no doubt :smile:

I can't be 100% sure it's Ti. I guess I'm just taking the seller's word that it is. The weight is comparable to the NSXR knob that I have which makes me think it's Ti. How can you really be sure?

not Ti...

The Ebay knob is titanium...
Hummm are you sure its Titanium? Did you compare the weights?
I can't be 100% sure it's Ti. I guess I'm just taking the seller's word that it is. The weight is comparable to the NSXR knob that I have which makes me think it's Ti. How can you really be sure?

The ebay linkie shift-knob is not titanium, but rather aluminum (like the S2000 CR 6spd. shift-knob w/ yellow engraved italic-font). The '02+ NSX-R shift-knob is titanium (w/ non-italic yellow font engraving). The JDM Civic Type-R & '02+ NSX-R shift-knobs share similar satin bead-blasted'like finishes, but differ in alloy & weight/density.

Where/when did you acquire the '02+ NSX-R shift-knob? It may actually be an S2000 CR shift-knob. The only observable differences being the font (regular -> '02+ NSX-R vs. italic -> S2000CR) & alloy / weight-density (titanium / 250g* -> '02+ NSX-R vs. aluminum / 140 g -> S2000 CR). If you get a chance, please weigh both/all of your shift-knobs. Thanks, in-advance!

On Prime, there was a former member in the past year or so falsely selling the multi-colored JDM Civic Type-R & USDM S2000 CR shift-knobs (~$50) as '02+ NSX-R shift-knobs (~$200+) for ~$100'ish. The '02+ NSX-R shift-knob only came in a non-italic yellow 6spd. engraved font) fabricated in titanium. The others were in italic fonts in varying colors (red, blue, black, yellow), 5spd. or 6spd. engravings, fabricated in aluminum. They shared the satin bead-blasted'like finish of the '02+ NSX-R shift-knob, but noticeably differed in weight/density.

* might be even more

Last edited:
Osiris.

Could not have said it better regarding the differenced in knobs and sellors passing knobs of as nsxr when they are not The eBay nob is not titanium and the seller clearly states that it is. I doubt whether it is even Honda even though it is pictured next to Honda a Honda looking bag

I was thinking about buying this but he charges $20 shipping not covered by his free postage in the US. He would probably charge twice that to post to the UK. Postage is a bit excessive for a part of that size and weight.

He just changed the description from billet titanium to billet aluminum. Hmmmm?

Back