• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX R Hood duct

....also Anil Sethi's (serialNSXer's)white NSX-R with DF hood, which is a Procar hood.

These are new dimensions.
That world is crazy.....

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Downforce/NSX-R_hood/

white.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=545764

Obviously from this thread there is quite a bit of interest for a LHD hood duct. Dali has one listed on their site however it is not in stock and Mark says it will not be in anytime soon!!
Yes, Procar makes very nice unit but quite honestly their hood duct costs more than most other hoods!!!! There are some members on the board who have units from other sources...So where are they from? Could we get a group buy going OR could we get one of our venders to make one. I am sure it would not be a difficult part to make and there would be demand.

That shining part in your picture is a guard rail and it is removable (very easy) and that's the hard part you have to do to fit the duct. Compare my picture and yours, you will see the difference (not much in this case)

Could you help a blind man see what 'shining' part you are talking about?

Vance, do you see the chrome parts from the old ABS at my last picture?
The RHD version doesnt works without modifications, we have tested that here some tim ago.

Also some mounting brackets are necessary!
You have a newer 2002+ NSX, thats a huge difference and way easier to install.
So does that mean that on the 2002+ cars the RHD duct will work on a LHD?

I bought a Dali NSX-R duct for my 2002 and Jon Martin tried but couldn't find any correct way to install it. I know the Dali duct has been installed on pre-2002 cars, but has anyone installed this Dali duct on their 2002+ and if so can you post instructions with photos? Many thanks.

I will be posting pics of my hood and duct soon.

I have a modified duct in an OEM hood. All aluminum and retains all the OEM latches, braces, clips, etc. It turned out very cool. I am fitting the SOS duct in soon. It looks like it will fit but havent bolted it in yet.

I am planning on chrome plating the aluminum duct over the winter.

Back