• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX R Hood duct

As many members have purchased NSX R style hoods there doesnt seem to be much demand for a hood duct. Where can i get one for a reasonable price. SOS is selling a non oe looking aluminum copy, I would like a carbon fiber version.
I would think it would be easy part for someone like downforce to make. Cant we get a vendor interested in making this fairly simple part?

chris

I got one from Mark(Daliracing)..carbonfiber cheap($199.00) just a little mod and will fit just fine..NA1/2-R mod on his....
15180X7.jpg

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1899

Vance, do you see the chrome parts from the old ABS at my last picture?
The RHD version doesnt works without modifications, we have tested that here some tim ago.

Also some mounting brackets are necessary!
You have a newer 2002+ NSX, thats a huge difference and way easier to install.

Hey, is it one of my hood screens?
Even my special NSX-R sticker is at the same place.
Is it the ex DoLuck car?
15180X7.jpg

Vance, do you see the chrome parts from the old ABS at my last picture?
The RHD version doesnt works without modifications, we have tested that here some tim ago.

Also some mounting brackets are necessary!
You have a newer 2002+ NSX, thats a huge difference and way easier to install.

Hey, is it one of my hood screens?
Even my special NSX-R sticker is at the same place.
Is it the ex DoLuck car?
15180X7.jpg

yes that's used to be Doluck NSX. I am a good friend of John who having the privilage to acquire his almost finish creation to make it like the way it is...:)

That shining part in your picture is a guard rail and it is removable (very easy) and that's the hard part you have to do to fit the duct. Compare my picture and yours, you will see the difference (not much in this case)

I remember that John sold his beautiful NSX 1 year before.
He made some fantastic pictures from his car, but I havent realized that you are the new owner. Good choice.

Well, most of my customers have older NSX's with that rail guards and dont wanna remove that.
So, we have a system which allows to go that way.
We also have another version which is for the newer cars, same as the JDM part.

Folks

1. What is the main difference in fitment between the Procar(exceptional quality) and the Dali(lower cost) hood ducts? I know both need to be modified, but by how exactly for my 2002?

2. On the Dali site, the RHD duct photo looks like CF, but in this thread, it looks like simple black plastic?

Doesn't SOS make one of these too?

Folks

1. What is the main difference in fitment between the Procar(exceptional quality) and the Dali(lower cost) hood ducts? I know both need to be modified, but by how exactly for my 2002?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
No different!but I don't think you want to cut (mods) procar piece...

Last edited:
Folks

2. On the Dali site, the RHD duct photo looks like CF, but in this thread, it looks like simple black plastic?

for what i know, Procar has a LHD version, no mods required. but ask Detlef to be sure.

AC

I have the Procar unit. It bolts right up. I'm not sure what other mods need to happen other than to mount it per the instructions. Nothing to it I like this piece alot. Thanks Detlef!!

OH I forgot. I do not have a nsx-r hood. It fits my Taitec GT500 hood too

Dammit would you guys please stop. I have only had my car for about 3 months and i have already spent over $5500 in parts. You guys keep posting these threads of stuff i don't need.

OK, i need this but please stop :biggrin: .

The SOS one looks really cool. It says that it must be modified to fit a Taitec hood. Anybody know what has to be modified?

Cheers

I have the Procar unit. It bolts right up. I'm not sure what other mods need to happen other than to mount it per the instructions. Nothing to it I like this piece alot. Thanks Detlef!!

OH I forgot. I do not have a nsx-r hood. It fits my Taitec GT500 hood too

It fits taitec hood too ?
Wow, we have to modify our version

I remember having someone show a pic of a NSX-R hood and duct that kept the spare tire. It was very shallow above the tire area, but at least you couldn't see it, and it was still better then having no duct at all... Doesn't anyone have that pic?

Back