• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx-r GT

I want to get this kit, the front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, and air intake scops. I have really been up in the air on this kit, now I think I am ready to pull the trigger. Any opinions?? Also, for the few people that have this kit, especially Dan Na1/2r, any regrets on getting the kit?? Thanks, Frank

Based on what my friend did for his car, the installation is not that bad. The gaps can be fixed. The only thing is you have to decide how are you going to fix the side air ducts to the fenders. My friend just screw them on. He did not get the front bumper though which is a big regret. That was due my bad advice. :tongue:

oct13+001.jpg
oct13+005.jpg
oct13+009.jpg

oct13+007.jpg
oct13+004.jpg
oct13+014.jpg

oct13+011.jpg
oct13+010.jpg
oct13+003.jpg

Last edited:
The R GT also has a wide body so your going to need the front fenders and quarter panels as well.

I want to get this kit, the front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, and air intake scops. I have really been up in the air on this kit, now I think I am ready to pull the trigger. Any opinions?? Also, for the few people that have this kit, especially Dan Na1/2r, any regrets on getting the kit?? Thanks, Frank

Frank,
Your car is perfect the way it is, leave it be:biggrin:

Jin,
That NSX at Mac's is the hottest one I've ever seen.

Im just not a fan of the snorkel!

Thanks. It's not Mac but his shop in Brunei. He is the one in the pink shirt. The guy in the pink pants is Mr Ohura his chief technician. Great things about Mr Ohura. He was the chief technician who had many winning in car tuning in Thailand. He is a certified HKS technician. The other guys are from Trust Japan signing a deal with them. Also some of his customers car below.

TRUSTREP.jpg

DSC01955.jpg
DSC00878.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC04691.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg
DSC00582.jpg

l11.jpg

6215_117101447860_749462860_2319255_4567810_n.jpg

Frank,

Jin,
That NSX at Mac's is the hottest one I've ever seen.

Im just not a fan of the snorkel!

Based on what my friend did for his car, the installation is not that bad. The gaps can be fixed. The only thing is you have to decide how are you going to fix the side air ducts to the fenders. My friend just screw them on. He did not get the front bumper though which is a big regret. That was due my bad advice. :tongue:

oct13+001.jpg
oct13+005.jpg
oct13+009.jpg

oct13+007.jpg
oct13+004.jpg
oct13+014.jpg

oct13+011.jpg
oct13+010.jpg
oct13+003.jpg
What rear bumper is that?

I can't stand the extended vents on the sides and the snorkel looks ridiculous. Not a fan of the kit at all.

The problem with the snorkel is that it was designed for a different engine configuration as well as being a restriction point to comply with racing regulations. In all other cases, it is merely a tack on part. I'll say it again, form must follow function. But in the case of the NSX-RGT, Honda built the car this way simply to gain access to the grid. Regardless of function. It's not for everybody, but it does pay homage to a rare production vehicle.

The problem with the snorkel is that it was designed for a different engine configuration as well as being a restriction point to comply with racing regulations. In all other cases, it is merely a tack on part. I'll say it again, form must follow function. But in the case of the NSX-RGT, Honda built the car this way simply to gain access to the grid. Regardless of function. It's not for everybody, but it does pay homage to a rare production vehicle.
AKA: Homologation special - like the original BMW E30 M3, BMW E46 M3 CSL, Mercedes 190E 2.3 and many other cars throughout history. For me, thats what makes it cool.

everything is made by Route-KS, i have the same kit, if anyone wants it, let me know, i can help u get them since i work with Route-KS for a few years already!

Frank,

Ditto this ... my friend AR99 on here has the kit and it was a nightmare to install, requiring a lot of work by the body shop.

One other thought Frank, even though your car is relatively fresh out the paintshop, Pearl white is not that an easy match (like most whites) and you may find yourself with a patchwork of Pearls and undo all the hard work to get what is already one of the very best NSX on the road today IMO.

regards,

Paul

Frank, I love the kit, no regrets there, but bear in mind that it was not an out of the box kit. As Paul says, the front bumper in particular required a lot filling and shaping by the bodyshop that did mine.

Here is a short video of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxXou5GWKoc

ary_desktop.jpg

It draws a lot of attention from other drivers and some people can't refuse to believe the age of the car.

Cheers,

AR

I believe its the stock front and rear fenders, but with the wide side inlet scoop.

Billy

Billy are you sure the fenders and quarters are stock? Looking at AR's pictures the front looks way wider.

I believe that Route KS did the wide fenders, but the front fenders on mine are OEM 100%. :smile:

hmmmmm maybe its the front bumper that's making it look wider to me.

Back